Dream Eating... (possible diet?)

i was reading a book on lucid dreaming and it said this lady would get cravings during the day and she’d think, “i’ll eat it 2nite in my LD” and she did!
Any1 have xperience in this? Can u taste the food?

Our brains can create senses of sight, smell, touch and hearing in our dreams (at least- I know mine can).

I see no reason why it couldn’t recreate taste.

This is something I’ve been wanting to do in my LDs for ages, but I keep forgetting. When I eat stuff while I’m stoned it tastes so bloody good, and I expect this to be even better since I can make it taste as good as I want. I can’t wait! :grin:

Ok eating is one of the greatest sensations we human beings can experience but there again it’s only a feeling, not that there is anything wrong with fantasising about eating the world’s most juicy beefburger or the hottest, cheesiest pepperoni pizza straight out of a genuine New York pizza restraunt but to me eating is like taking drugs, we enjoy it because we get a kick out of the experience…I remember Stephen LaBerge once said that he was tempted to pick up a rather attractive hitchhiker when he was speeding along in his sleek sportscar but what did he choose?
He chose to drive off with out her, because he had already experienced the company of a beautiful young woman, and take off in his car up into the vast heavens beyond space and embrace the cosmos, becoming one whole being.
What I’m trying to say is, why replicate something that we do everyday in a dream when we can do something more uplifting and extravagant like embracing the cosmos!.. :cool_laugh:

Well, if you haven’t experienced eating something in a lucid dream, then why not do it, at least once? You’ll get another chance to do other stuff. It’s not like you can only do one thing.
I’ve had a couple of LD’s with food in them. In one, I ate one of those gummy orange slices, and in another, I drank soda. It was very realistic.

Because, you can try things that you haven’t tried in real life, or very rarely get to try, like cavear maybe :wink: . And as I said in my last post, you can make it taste much better than in real life, and make it taste like whatever you want, like things that don’t even exist in real life.

Yup, i have tried both drinks and food, tastes fully like real life but you still would be hungry when you wake up though…

When I had first given up smoking and gotten over the physical addiction, I remember having dreams about smoking. These dreams weren’t lucid, but you would be suprised at how satisfying it was.

And I do reckon it helped! :alien: Maybe if your trying to give up, you can be a little lax in your dreams and then be able give up each morning? The more times you give up, the easy it gets… hrmm. Well it sounds like a good idea. :content:

Jabbervock:

You may have missed the point of the initial post.

If you can experience taste in a dream, and can produce the same level of enjoyment eating something in a dream as you can while awake, then perhaps you can satisfy your desire for a particular unhealthy food without obtaining the negative effects of it.

As Tomas mentioned though, you will of course still be hungry when you wake up. However, by eating healthy while awake, and as much sugar as you like while asleep, surely the benefit to your health is worth making an attempt.

Besides, what’s wrong with adventuring through the cosmos with a juicy burger in your hand?

Did I say jabbervock? Sorry, I meant Jimmy S.