realitycheck with clock does not work

hello, I get lucid app. once a week and I have used clock as a reality check for a couple of times. so far time has not passed logically so I have realised I dreaming. last night I suddenly started to feel I am asleep and started to make RC with the clock I saw. but this time it functioned quite allright! I tried RC for three times with the clock and got the same result; clock was going just the way it goes in a real world.
I still was sure that I was dreaming so I tried to make a little fligth and it succeeded well, so I was sure to be asleep. I wonder why clock did not work? has anyone experienced same? :blush:

well, actually, a rc using a clock was responsible for an ld i had this week. but it has failed on me. i remember in a dream i was walking down the stairs and at the bottom facing me was a digital clock. it wasn’t stable at all it was rapidly changing and was unintrepretable. the thought at that moment crossed through my mind that i could be dreaming passed through but i fail to recognize.
but isn’t it a great idea nonetheless, such an easy technique that is workable.

i dont use rc anymore to induce ld i let ld come naturally. when i tried clock rc i just watched the clock when the second pointer went 360 degrees in few seconds and i just thought that my watch is broken.
it failed

Through many studies that I’ve read, there are a few important things you should know about the clock RC before even attempting it to become lucid; I’m not sure if you know about these details, but they make a substantial difference.
First of all, the MOST important aspect of the clock RC is the fact that you have you look at the clock, LOOK AWAY, then look back at it. I noticed you said that the clock in your dream “functioned quite allright” - that actually isn’t all that uncommon. In many cases, in dreams, clocks will seem to function normally, BUT, ALL studies that have ever been done show that regardless of the lucid dreamer test subject, when you look away and look back at a clock, the time will always change…which brings me to the second detail…
In my opinion, it’s easier to have a DILD using the clock RC by using DIGITAL clocks in dreams. Instead of the hands of an analog clock simply moving, or disappearing. IMO, the actual numbers of a digital clock changing, and/or turning into all zeros or letters is far more noticeable and would probably produce a higher success rate of DILD… :cool_laugh:

Yeah. I’ve heard from a lot of educated LDers that old fashion clocks (the ones with the hands, yeah) they are very likely to show the time quite believably. It’s the digital clocks that you get the problems with and tip you off. :content:

Uh huh…I think I’m one of those people that is extremely well educated on LDs in general; I tend to be able to help ppl out a lot – now if I can only put this knowledge into practice and have more lucid dreams myself!!! :eh:

:bounce:

Hey all.

I get the impression that most people are using the clock/watch RC incorrectly. Having spent a lot of time working out the particulars of this method, I’ve been able to learn a little about how this is ‘supposed’ to work, and why a lot of the time it won’t.

One of the important aspects of a Lucid Dream is the connection between the conscious and subconscious mind. In waking life, the subconscious is always doing a large amount of tasks that you simply don’t know about. This is the same when you dream, and it’s for that reason that we are still able to suprise ourself, when in fact the dream is taking place entirely within our own mind.

Before people become adept at controlling LDs, they often find the simplest way to make something happen is to imagine it happening. Since your imagination is controlling the entire dream, you’re free to use it to manipulate the dream as you wish.

My appologies for the lengthy introduction, but the point I’m trying to make is that reality checks will only work when you are dreaming, if you EXPECT to be dreaming. That is, you must actually TRY to change the numbers on the watch.

If you look at a watch while you are dreaming, and read the numbers on it, every other time you look back at that watch you will probably have those orignal numbers firmly in your mind, if only for the purpose of comparing them to the next result. In that case, the numbers you are THINKING of, will be the numbers that your subconscious will put on the watch.

Like most things when dreaming, this certianly isn’t guarenteed to work with everyone as it does with me.

Hope it helps.