Training

i was thinking about what might be the best way to come into the practice of lucid dreaming and the development of proficiency.
well, this is what i think of techniques and when there done.
first thing coming in should be to keep a dream journal. the dream journal serves as a base for all of you’re following techniques and such.
next you should begin reality checks. again , rc’s are a form of foundation and help the trigger of lucidity through inducing techniques.
next MILD because its a form of inducing mentally as are rcs and dream journals are also mental forms of practice, plus its an easier technique for newbies and very effective.the wake-back-to-bed method is a shade between mild’s and wilds so i feel this is good for an intermediate between mild and wild.
and last but not least is wild. the reason i put this last is because its not a mental form of induction, it more of a body thing. training you’re body to fall asleep consciously as you’re only technique dosen’t really train you’re mind. but since lucidity is a mind thing it only seems to make sense. but if it works then hey what the hell. but already being mind trained makes you have lds even when wilds aren’t available.

this schedule starts with easy quick methods, mind practice blending into body. remember the order of practice of these techniques does not really place one tech above another by efficiency.

Yea those are the most popular methods I’ve seen anyways.

training your body to fall asleep consciously is something I cannot do. I can barely fall asleep unconsciously. If I attempt WILD I get insomnia. Even if I do wake up at 4am I won’t fall back asleep, I’ll just end up turning in bed half-conscious, and if I think about WILD I’ll be fully awake.

Maybe I’m doing meditation instead of WILD…

I had that problem for a while as well. Basically, for as long as I was think about WILD, or LDs in general, I could not get to sleep. The moment I let my mind wander, away I went.

I’m not sure whether it’s me getting better at it, or just my relatively sleep-deprived lifestyle that’s causing it to work more frequently now, however :smile:

I find myself drifting off in almost no time at all these days. I can think about anything I want, and soon enough my head will begin filling with all the usual off-topic thoughts and images. This is the key point in the process.

well, when i was a child i used to LD, but that was way before i even knew what LD’s were. I then found out about this site about 10 days ago. and read up on LD’s and since then i have had 2 LD’s both DILDs using a reality check where i try and put my fignger through the palm of my other hand. although both LD’s were short i think if i practice they wil become longer. I have always had good dream recall for some reasons, and sometimes i’d wake up from a dream think about a dream, then suddenly remeber a dream i have had months or even years ago, its really wierd. but i think a good start to LDing is to improve your dream recal be keeping a dream journal or just by thinking about your dreams for a few minutes when you wake up.

I used to have a lot of insomnia, but found my personal cure.

I bought “The Oddesey” on tape with a really great narrator. He has a very soothing English accent that lulls me to sleep. Don’t get me wrong - its an amazing book, but the right voice just seems to do the trick.

Anyway, it works most of the time & seems to play well with LDs.

I find I can only stick to this training in my school holidays which is quite annoying. Every holidays I have to start over in the process of becoming consistent of doing all the techs, dream journal etc.

During school days I find it hard to do:

a) My Dream Journal as I have no time at all !
b) Frequent RCs. Hard to do it during school time and whilst playing sports etc.
c) MILD and especially WILD. I’m exhausted most of the time when I go to bed and just want to sleep.

But come holiday time I will slowly get back into everything and normally manage to have a couple of lucid moments.

~ceavou~