Hi, im new here, looking for some help.....

:shy: :tongue: :blush: :alien: cool smilies.

Any way, Iv’e been trying to have lucid dreams, Iv’ e read everything on this site. It’s been a while. Still no luck. I wish I could have some, I would love to control them.

Also, how realistic are the dreams? Are they as conscious as when you are awake?

Yes they can be if you want it to be.It takes time to get that high level of lucidity but once you learn it you never forget it.

And if your having problems with LD’s just keep reading,asking,and trying and it will come. Usally when you don’t expect it :smile:

Labatt, how long have you been trying to have lucid dreams. I read somewhere that it can take anywere from two weeks to two monthes to have your first lucid dream.

Zwitter:)Will you bliss us with your presence more often now?Chat maybe?:slight_smile:
good to see you back.

ps.Welcome to the forum Labatt:)

Sure,I have been busy moving and everything so i have not had time to do much,Except have LD’s/OBE’s :smile:

Iv’e been trying for 6 months. And I havn’t been trying too hard, because it says that trying too hard will not work.

Plz help :sad:

There is such a thing as trying too hard, but there are also things you can do on a daily basis to keep the idea in your mind.

Are you keeping a dream diary? This is a great idea in that it gets you more familiar with your dreams. It also gets you into the habbit of remembering them as soon as you wake up, which builds your dream recall.

Do you perform Reality Checks? These help you keep Lucid Dreaming on your mind. The more often you think about it, the more likely you are to dream about it :smile:

Have you tried other induction methods, like WILD? There are a number of other ways to become lucid, some easier than others. Most of them are outlined on this site. Look in the ‘How’ section at the top of the screen.

Finally, you could try some form of external induction method. Timed music can work, as can any number of programs you can get to run on your PC. Of course, if you have the money it might be worthwhile investing in a NovaDreamer, or other similar headgear.

Good luck, one day you’ll understand why I’m encouraging it so much :wink:

Iv’e tried all those things. Still no luck. I’m too frustrated, I don’t think I’ll ever get it.

In my experience, there is no such thing as a person who is incapable of Lucid Dreaming. You have to understand, it takes a while to get going.

My first LD was only a few days after I started practising. My second one was a month after that, then a month after that, ect…

Have you ever tried any forms of meditation? I can’t be certain, be we had a discussion a little while ago on this forum that the two may be linked…

Keep trying, you’ll forgive the delay when you have your first one.

Welcome!

I’ve taken 4 months to have one, and there was a time where I didn’t think about it anymore but then got back to it. It must have been a month later that I had a LD, but it turns out I wasn’t ready so I panicked. The only thing I can say is be ready for it, and know enough about LD.

The longer you try the higher the chances of having one. Anyone who can think and dream can LD, and yea that’s everyone.

I just noticed something…

Every time someone types a word with ‘ll’ in it, the forum automatically replaces it with LL. In case you missed it, that’s lowercase L.

I assume that’s because LL is the acronym for Lucid Living, or something, but it does seem to be interfering with normal words :smile:

Thanks for pointing that our Atheist. LL is our newest acronym. I’ll PM pasQuale and see what she’ll do about it. :wink: We’ll fix it. 'll. :smile:

thanks for pointing that out.
alas, the only solution was to delete the LL acronym. :neutral:

Guys, I had 2 vivid dreams in a row!

God how I wish I could of become lucid in them, but I couldn’t :sad:

I hate this! I could of done so much, but now the dreams are gone!

Labbatt, I really dont think trying to hard is your problem. your not tyring enough. Lucid dreaming involves willpower. Your thinking of auto suggestion, which you should avaid effortful intention whilst carrying out.
I’m sure if you tried a little harder you’ll have lots of luck. And try not to think like, “I wish I could have a Lucid Dream.” Try to think like, “I will have a Lucid Dream!!”

hi! :cool_laugh: I’m new here and I’m really excited! I’ve been lucid dreaming since I was four but until tonight never new what it was! It’s so amazing… when I go on trips I lucid dream and it passes the time. I love it!

You could try a technique I call, Onset Extremely Frequent Flashlight Testing. When you are sleepy goto bed with a very reliable flashlight, and close your eyes while holding the flashlight. Open your eyes once every 40 seconds or so and turn on your flashlight for a quick moment shining it at the ceiling. If the flashlight works ok then close your eyes and relax for another 40 seconds. Repeat until the flashlight doesn’t produce light or only turns on very very dimly. When the flashlight fails to turn on, you have probably fallen asleep and might only be dreaming that you are opening your eyes and testing a flashlight. Confirm that you are really dreaming by pushing your finger through your palm. If your finger can pass through your palm then get out of bed and explore the dream. Keep moving allot without pause. If you let the dream stop providing you with lots of stimulation it might end too early. When you wake up try pushing your finger through your palm again to see if you are having a false awakening.