Trouble with appearing things

This night I had an LD and decided to appear something in my hand, as I never practised it before. I was trying to appear a little ball, I
concentrated a lot, but nothing happend. Then I flew outside through the window, and while I was flying, started to fake, that I’m on the motorcicle.
With a few minutes it slowly appeared beneath me…
Can anybody tell me, if there’s any exercise for appearing things in Ld’s?

You have to believe 100% that you can do it… you have any doubt, then it willl fail.

Try starting simple, like expecting it to be around the corner, this worked for me.

I’ve developed ‘magazine’-method, it goes like this:
Find a magazine, it’s on the table near you. Then browse the pages until you see picture of the object what you need. Look at the picture and then raise your eyes: you’ll see the the desired object in front of you. :smile:

Tomas and Soothsayer are both right on this. If you’re not very experienced with lucid dreaming, then you probably wont be able to create something from thin air right in front of you.

You should begin by thinking about the desired object being around a corner or in the next room, ect. You’ll find that ‘expecting’ something to be at a specific location will often result in the item actually appearing there.

Creating something out of nowhere takes a fair bit of practise.

There’s also that urge for the brain to ‘keep it real’. Opening doors or spin to change scenery, and never fear anything.

I’ve actually been flying and I said it takes a lot of concentration to stay airborne so I gradually fell to my knees. Don’t think about flying, just fly!

Thank you all for explanation. I’ll try that corner/other room stuff this night…

That’s interesting, Pilot, I’ve never had any trouble with flying, I do it every time I get Lucid, couse the feeling’s so so beautyfull, and I never Thought, How do I do it…
Maybe " just do it" is some sort of a key… :tongue:

I don’t mean to be a critic here, but i was able to do antything i wanted in my 3rd LD. By saying stuff like ‘you need to be experienced to do this’ might make people believe that and their subconscious might not let them do that stuff. But if you said ‘its very easy to do this’ then people will believe it and it will make it easier, because believing is seeing in LDs.

So just try to be a bit more positive/optimistic towards newbies. It might help them.

Lucid dreaming all boils down to having a different frame of mind while dreaming, realising its a dream and anythngs possible, the reason you cant do some stuff in non-lucid dreams is because your mind is used to the phyical world and expects tuff to be normal, when you become lucid you should throw this all out the window, believe you can do anything.

even if you doubt something a little bit in LD’s it wont happen, you have to be in the mind frame of “this is a dream, i CAN do ANYTHING” then just expect fo it to happen, almost like your just waiting for it to happen, dont try and do stuff, coz if your “trying” something, your not certain it will work, just DO stuff, as if it were something you do naturally.

you should of just expected the ball to appear, and it would of
try it and let us know how it goes

cheers
-stokesy

The corner thing always works for me…also, for some reason, it’s always easier to make something appear to my sense of touch first. For example, if I want to make, say, a car appear, I’ll imagine that the car is right around the next corner. Before I look around the corner, I reach my hand around it, and, of course, feel the car. Then when I walk around the corner, it’s there. Closing my eyes sometimes works too. Does anyone else find it easier to “fool” your sense of touch than your sense of sight?

Mua’Dib no longer needs the weirding modual!

I did EXACTLY what you were trying to do with the little ball in my first high level LD, spacemind. I decided to test my ability as soon as I became lucid and I had trouble making an apple appear in my hand. Recalling that expectations work better in the beginning (until you start to believe as Morpheus would say) I turned my hand over so I was looking at the back of it. I cupped it like I was holding an apple and then, expecting my apple to be there when I turned my hand over, it was. Easy as that.

If you’re having trouble… verbal commands might help. They help me fly better in dreams… command the ball to appear. Alex is right though… you can do anything you want to right off the bat. You just have to be positive and believe you can do it.

YES :cool_laugh: I did it. Well, I had problems to do it just like that from thin air, but when I imagined it around the corner, it was there, and I loved the feeling, when I felt it in my hand…

I’ll just keep on practice :alien:

damn… you guys are making me SO JEALOUS!!! ive had to “kinda-lds” but they r always so short… i cant wait till i have a REAL LD :grin: (not like the dream would b real, but i mean it would b a high quality dream and… o w/e u get it…(i hope ( do you think i over use the parantathes(sp?)))

(lol)

Neo:

You used 4 opening parenthesis but only closed 3 of them. That’s an indication that you overuse them. :grin:

(happy?)

Acronym “Coding” corrected :razz:

Much better! Now your program will compile properly. :cool_laugh:

i have read the dune novels but can recall no refrence to the wierdling moduels. though i remember them from an old dune movie and dune 1 (the game)

sooo, what are they?

You are absolutely correct, NIX. They weren’t in the books. In the books they merely had the “weirding way” or a type of psionics/witchcraft. In the old movie, however, the weirding module was a small machine, partly attched to the larynx and connected to an energy weapon on the arm. The sound of the words spoken would be amplified to become the projectile.

I prefer the books version of the weirding way though the module is a cool idea. At the end Mua’Dib cracks the earth with his voice and Stillgar says “Mua’Dib no longer needs the weirding module.”

Easy to see that you are a programmer :grin: