Take a day off!

I can see many people really wanting to get lucid, but they cant seem to be able to, either just having lucid moments, or not getting anywhere near. a few weeks ago i was like this, wanting to have an LD really bad.

Then one day I decided to take a day off the busy life of high school, and during that day i just slept. I got up for breakfast, watched half an hour of TV then went back to bed. Got up again to have lunch, went back to sleep and woke up once again at about 6pm, had dinner and watched tv again for a few hours. then i went to bed to goto sleep, and that night i had no less than 5 full length fully lucid dreams (Mostly DILDS). I was amazed. but since then i havent been able to get a half decent sleep and i’ve only had the occasional LD here and there.

So for all you people out there that REALLY want to get lucid, i highly recommend taking a day off work/school or have a lazy sunday and sleep as much as you can.

This technique worked wonders for me, and i just thought i would share it for others to try, so if you havent allready, give it a shot and tell us all how ya go.

cheers
-stokesy

very interessting!

i will test this technique one day.

thx!

Hi, this worked for me a while ago too, but it hasn’t worked since. But i still will keep trying it (once or twice a month) and i think everyone shoud try it too.

the reason i think it works is because since you have been sleeping most of the day, your body has allready had all of the deep sleep that it needs to regenerate, and when you goto sleep at night, its mainly light sleep, shich is where LD’s are most likely to occur.

-stokesy

That is an interesting idea and it makes sense.

I’m amazed at how you, and other people, are able to just fall asleep during the day so many times. I don’t usually sleep during the day because instead of having a 30 min nap, I end up waiting 1 hour to just fall asleep.

I remember someone else (in another topic) saying how they used WILD method to help them fall asleep before even knowing what WILD was. Is there a trick to falling asleep quicker, like not shifting your body’s position in bed so much to maybe get sleep paralysis to kick in quicker? I’m not talking WILD, just falling asleep normally. Sorry if this may veer off topic a bit.

The trick to falling asleep quicker (in my experience) is just as you said Pilot, to not move your body around at all. Find a comfortable position, and remain there.

Each time you roll around, you’re basically pressing the ‘cancel’ button and will have to start over.

If this dosn’t work, there are always sleep-inducing drugs. :grin: