problems with staying lucid

Hey, I’m new to this forum…so hi. I wanted to see if anyone else has had the same problem I’ve been having with my lucid dreams… After my first lucid experience, I progressed over the next couple of years to the point where I was having them as often as 4+ times a week. And I was enjoying it so much as I was getting to play out so many fantasies, and virtually paint my own dream experience. However, recently I have hit a bit of a road block. Upon becoming lucid in a recent dream… I started wondering about where I might be actually sleeping… Is my body really in my bed? On the couch? At a friends place? Then I started wondering what position my body was actually in… and that’s where things got all messed up. I started to lose motion control as my body was being pulled into it’s actual position… which eventually woke me up. Now it’s happening all the damn time. I can still reach lucidity just as easy as before… but soon after I do, I start thinking about how I have to try to stay in the dream… then I get all anxious and wake up. So what do yall think? Peace - Gabe
“Dream is destiny”

Hi
There are many techniques to stay in the dream.Unfortunately, I don´t know where the posts about this topic are, so here are the ones that worked for me in short:

Concentrating on perception:
Concentrate on your hands (if you have vision), or grab something and feel it.I think that should work with any other sense as well.

Commands:
Shout out loud “Lucidity x 1000” “Full control” “Stabilize dream” or something similiar

Spinning:
This is a powerful and most used method.Just spin around yourself, when you stop spinning the dream should be much clearer. (It can happen that the dream scene changes, so try to remember all the time while spinning that the next thing you see is a dream, otherwise it might happen that you lose lucidity)

When you already woke up:
Don´t open your eyes, and don´t move.There is a good chance that you reenter the dream.

Traumgänger

yeah, that last point really helps, if you dont open yor eyes or move when you wake up, you pretty much half-way to falling asleep again.
allthough it can be hard to remeber to not open your eyes.
luckily i learnt this trick when i was a little kid, in the morning i would hear my mum come into my room to wake me up and i’d wake up, but i wouldnt move a mucsle or open my eyes i would wait till i think she’s just about to tap my on the shoulder and yell out “boo!”, this was way before i even knew what LD’s were but it was a neat trick to scare the crap out of someone. :smile:

I agree! Don’t open your eyes and try to recall the place and the feeling that you’ve experienced while lucid. It should bring you back.

And when lucid, it’s the dream body, that’s all about, just let your real body rest…

yeah, my last couple of Lds, I’ve been tryin to focus on my dream hands as soon as I become lucid… and this is helping me stay with my dream body alot… I’m getting better at saying those commands out loud too… like Lucidity! and Stabilize Dream! Thanks for the help yall. :grin:

i have one thought about this technique to stay still with closed eye to fall asleep again. What if you fall asleep but not to lucid state but just a normal dream…then you maybe forget the whole lucid dream coz you didn’t write it down?

(i haven’t got my first lucid yet so i don’t know how good you remember lucids, maybe it’s no problem remember lucid dreams?)

it would be sad to get your first lucid dream, try this technique and then wake up the next morning with no memory at all from the lucid dream. :neutral:

Hi
Lucid dreams are way easier to remember than normal dreams.I don´t think someone will forget a lucid dream (hmm, perhaps a low-lucid one).On the other hand, I can´t know how many LDs I have forgotten :wink:

Anyway, the technique is supposed to bring you back into the dream you just left.This only works for me when I am still half in the dream.It is like balancing between dreamworld and this world…
When you reenter a dream it isn´t like falling asleep normally.One second you are in the dream, then suddenly you feel like waking up and you feel your bed, than you are in the dream again.You don´t even have the time to lose counciousness :wink:

So, I wouldn´t worry about this, but anyway, this is just my opinion.If you want to make sure you don´t forget your first LD, you can of course get up and write it down.

Traumgänger

ok, sounds good, thx :smile:

THe hands thing has worked wonders for me…and spinning as well. Also, if you start to wake up while you’re flying…crash!! Usually the sensations you get from crashing into the ground will keep you in the dream. But focus on the sensations, not the “i want to stay in the dream”…touch is the most important for me, textured walls are the best

I agree with Kwisatz()Haderach.

When I find myself waking up I usually try things like running my hand over a stone wall, or sometimes just concentrating on an object, and examining everything about it.

This serves the purpose of keeping your mind concentrated in the dream world. The more sensations you experience, the more you are brought back into the dream.