Lucid Crossroads at last!

New visit to the Crossroads lucid dream can be found in the dream section (half way down page) mysite.freeserve.com/LucidCrossr … todoit.htm

your web site looks a lot better then it did before. I like your idea. I think you should create differant looking guides. The charactors are impressive, but maybe you can make more. I agree with you that it’ll take some time for this to work. People need to remember what this place looks like. If you ever need an artist…you know where to find me! I guess you’re set for a while though, huh? I don’t think I’ll participate in the experiment myself. It’ll take too much concentration remembering the dreamscape. As soon as I go lucid, I either play around, or I go into an astral dimension. Dreams are awesome! I’ll check in on this later. Good luck!

Hello
I tried since I saw the project for the first time, and now I finally reached the crossroads! :happy:
Although it wasn´t quite the way I expected it to be…

Ok, here is my dream report, I had several LDs in a row (noramlly I get one in a few weeks).If you only want to hear about the crossroads, scroll down until you see “THE CROSSROADS:”

I went to sleep early, and set up my CD-Alarm Clock to try MWILD.When the music started and I woke up, I was in an uncomfortable position and the CD didn´t work proberbly.So I didn´t really try MWILD, but after switching off the CD-player, I had a very light sleep .
I sleep again, and somehow I go lucid, but exactly that moment I wake up.
Return to sleep again.
The next thing I remember is myself in a dark room.I am lucid, but I am almost out of control, and I can hardly see anything.I feel like losing balance, then I try to shout “FULL CONTROL”.I can only whisper, but that is enough, I know have control over my body.Unfortunately I don´t stabilize my dream or clear the vision, few seconds later lose lucidity(don´t remember whether I awoke or had FAs)
From that point, all my dreams where somehow at the border of lucidity.Some examples:
It´s in the morning, and it´s a bright day.I think: “If I only had a LD now, with all the light it would have been much easier to control it”

I am in our bathroom, the toilet is in some kind of glass container.I am sitting in this container, thinking that I would have like some non-transparent material more.Then my whole family is walking into the bathroom, and with them the older brother of my friend.This really makes me think, and I ask if I am dreaming.They laugh at me, and I apologize that I am sometimes a bit confused after awakening.

I am in our living room, and I can´t remember why I am there. My mother tells me that I was sleepwalking, and that I told some stupid stuff about persons I know. I don´t really believe it, but I also don´t really know what is wrong.

After some time I finally get it and go lucid again.But, again, it is quite dark around me.I am standing in an elevator, and with me is a big, shadowy person.He doesn´t seem to be friendly, but not really agressive either.I play around with concepts of interacting with DCs, but the person doesn´t behave like I expected:
When I try to feel friendly about him, to “love” him, he gets taller and more threatening.When I get angry, he is suddenly quite small and no threat.
Then I awoke, but still I somehow was in the dream.I didn´t want to give up, and although my vision was gone I reached out for the coat of the person.I felt it, it was made of cotton, and I concentrated on the feeling.Then I was in the dream again! (The first time I managed to reenter a dream, thanks to this forum that gave me the tip!)
Then I remember I want to get out to the light and search the crossroads.
I begin to fly in the elevator, towards the wall.I can´t bring myself through it while flying, so I take some part of the elevator in my hand, and push myself through the wall (head first).It hurt! I never felt this before, it wasn´t just the neutral pain I normally feel in dreams, it felt like real pain!
But after few seconds it was gone, I was through the wall.

During the following part, I awake about 3 times, but I always manage to reenter the dream.

I was flying, it was a very bright sunny afternoon.A blue sky and a few white clouds above me, and on the ground the city I live in, green grass and yellow fields around it.I saw the big church (the “famous” building of the region where I live) below me.
I land on the grass, there are some apple trees.I take an apple from the ground, it looks a bit rotten, but I am curious and eat it.I didn´t had any taste, but a tingling feeling all over my mouth (like trying to eat a vitamin tablette).Then I wanted to test if I can smell, so I breath in deeply.It works, it feels like concentrating on smells like you are outside and there isn´t anything special (like a flower or something).

THE CROSSROADS:

I try teleportating, but it doesn´t work.I reach in my pocket for the “Crossroads button”, but no effect either.After some more trying I come to the conclusion that it is quite hard to me to change my surroundings from green grass to a desert in a second.So I take off again and fly.I fly towards a hill, and try to imagine that there are the crossroads behind, but I just can´t bring myself to believe that there is a desert behind the green hill.So I fly on, until I come to an ocean, or perhaps a big lake.I cross it, for a short time I see only water, and then, at some distance, the border.It´s a desert!
Now I am very positive about beeing succesful.A few seconds later I see the crossroads.But they are covered with big “Computer Windows” (like the win erorr reports).They are hanging in the air.
I just ignore them and land behind them, now the windows disappear, and I see the crossroads for the first time.
Well, not exactly the crossroads:
I am standing on a big blue metallic circle.Instead of Gladis and Clement, there are normal people, working on something, one at a computer.The lounge area is there, but the sofas and tables are very very simple and made of wood (like the kind of furniture you expect to find at a grilling site, next a campfire).
I ask one of them what´s going on here, but he doesn´t answer.I ask somenoe else, still no reaction.No I get a bit angry and shout at him:
“Is this place under construction?!”
He ansers yes, they are working on it, but Q is unfortunately not here right now ( In the dream I somehow thought the crossroads belong to this forum, sorry pantalimon :grin: )
I asked for the guestbook, he told me that it is more of a skriptbook (what´s that?) than a textbook, but he gave it to me.I read it, there were two names (I think on male and one female) with the family-name “Anderson”.
I wrote something into it.
Then I walked over to the lounge area.I tryed to give the crossroads the right shape.I remembered that some furniture was flying, so I changed the simple wooden benches in flying ones (with the blue stuff, and nicer wood).Unfortunately I couldn´t sit down, because those benches always slid away under me.Should have remembered that only the tables fly gg.

Then I read something else, but I am now at low-lucidity, and wake up quickly.

Now I am very happy, cause it was one of the best nights of my live (concerning dreaming g).
Thanks to LucidGuess, cause the MWILD method started this (allthough it didn´t work yet.To pantalimon, cause he created the crossroads.To Q and the whole forum, because here I read about the MWILD, the Crossroads,voice commands and about how to reenter a dream.

Traumgänger

Thanks for the crit and the offer of help “me”, all help is fully appreciated.

Well done traumgänger, again the Crossroads looks different, well at least its there and you got to it. Also no-one has seen hide nor hair of the Receptionists.

Funny you should say abou the computer thing, next time when I do the revamp of the Crossroads I was going to turn that wall behind reception into a giant LCD computer screen. It will normally display “am I dreaming?” but will display other information by listening to your voice commmands.

This morning I had the longest lucid dream I’ve ever had, it lasted at least an hour. It was very low level and I wasn’t really connected with my waking mind, but it was a lucid dream.

I have to say at one point I sat down in this kitchen I found myself in and thought to myself “well what do I do now”, I actually got bored!! This was only cause It was low level and I failed to remember to goto the Crossroads.

Met a group of individuals who claimed to be from a group that only meet when lucid. They showed me a symbol that looked like a 6 with a small loop at the top and said this would get me to them?! Dreams huh!

I’ll put your dream on the site if thats ok traumgänger?

By the way I’ve added a site map that can be acessed via the homepages large image of dreams. I’ve also got a Mayan Dreamspell page that can be found via the map or the links page.

This is a question for traumgänger and Jason really who have visited the Crossroads.

Do you think that having the intent of finding the Crossroads then finding it and interacting with the Crossroads (even if it didn’t look “exactly” the same in some respects) helped you maintain lucidity?

What I’m saying is did being there at the site focus you, relax your mind or stimulate it? Did it help you feel with the lucidty itself?

Hmm, have to answer with no.

But:

My dream already lasted quite long, could be that it was my longest LD ever.Additionally, I already wanted to visit the crossroads in a LD before and failed, so I was quite excited when I finally did it.Alle the dream I had a task to fullfill, when I reached the crossroads I was ready to leave the dream.I´d say it isn´t surprising to me that I woke up short after my arrival.
I think if I really want the crossroads as a place that can actually help me with LDing, I have to visit them more often.I have to get used to them, an island of consitency in a world that´s changing all the time (nice sentence g).
I also didn´t even try to use the doors, I think I was too confused cause everything was different from what I expected.

Traumgänger

Another LD last night :smile: :smile: :smile:

But it was a very short one, and all the time, I was low-lucid

I walked into a puplic toilet, and for no special reason suddenly realized that I am in a dream.
I first tryed to stick my hand through a window, it behave liked chewing gum.Then I just shattered to other windows.
I went out and started flying, but then I had a FA.I was sitting in my bed in my dark room (The most realistic FA I ever had).But fortunately I tried to reenter the dream, and I did.
But not at the point from where I left, no , suddenly I was at the crossroads again. This time they looked more like the crossroads pantalimon created, but I can´t remember any details.
Clement and Gladis were absent again, so I decided to search for them.I though they might perhaps be gone swimming, so I walked away from the crossroads.The Landscape was more of a jungle than a desert, and I walked a little path between green plants.At the end, there was a big lake.
Boats were coming in, seem many people went fishing, but not Clement and Gladis.
I didn´t search any further and concentrated on the people, but short after I lost lucidity and awoke.

Now I try to remember that I have to do a technique like spinning everytime I go lucid.

Oh yes, WBTB is absolutely great, although I do it a bit different.I just try to go to bed early, and set my alarm clock for about 2-3 hours later.Then I go back to sleep immediately, without getting up or trying any methods.But from this point of the night I am in a very light state of sleep.I wake up often (and remember many dreams this way), and I am somehow much more likely to get lucid.

Traumgänger

Hey I"m new to this board and last night I went to the Lucid Crossroads site for the first time. It was one of the last things I did before going to bed and I thought about what an awsome idea it is.
I had 3 normal dreams and then this morning I was dreaming about cleaning up my room but it was suposed to be my room in the future and there was stuff all over the place and I found my diary and it was full because it was the future. Anyways, I somehow realized that if I"m cleaning the room of the future I must be dreaming and I became lucid. I tried to remember some ways to become more aware and I jumped and tried to spin but I just landed hard and hurt my tummy… :wink:
Then I remembered that I wanted to go to Lucid Crossroads and I tried to float through the floor to get to another location. I ended up just getting stuck in it and blacking out (waking up?) a little. I repeated to myself, I am dreaming over and over and soon got more lucid and was dreaming again. I then went out into the hallway and ran to the end to this door but instead of trying to go through the door for some reason I tried to go through the wall (?). It seemed to work somewhat because I caught a glimpse of the crossroads. It was just like on the sight as far as I could tell and I was above it but it was hard to see it because it had clouds all over it. Unfortunately I blacked out again and said the I am dreaming again and went lucid again but failed to find the crossroads.
It was so exciting though! I’m going to try again tomarow. This was my first lucid dream in months!
I’m not sure if the blacking out is me waking up or me dreaming that I’m waking up…

Ahh, yes. The Crossroads. That’s a place I haven’t been in a while.

Welcome to the forum, aydira. You sound like you’ve already had some experience in lucid dreaming, so if you know anything we don’t, please feel free to share it. :grin:

My technique for finding the crossroads is very similar to what you tried last night. I usually just open the front door of my house, and there it is. Of course, sometimes all I see is my usual front yard, but you can always try again with a different door. :wink:

Ok I really wasn’t sure where to post this at all whatsoever so I’m just going to put it down here before I forget it.
Ok so I was dreaming that I was in my childhood house and I was in my mom’s room but it was my room in the dream and it was all pink and lacy and little girl type stuff. For some unknown reason again I became lucid and decided on finding the lucid crossroads again. (I somehow have incredible dream incubation skills. Maybe from all the self hypnosis?) First I tried to become more lucid by jumping on the beds! :content: Then I went to the door of the room and imagined that when I opened it I would find the crossroads. Suddenly the door was sort of free floating in the hallway outside of the room and I kept opening it trying to get the crossroads. I tried to go through once but it was too transparent and I ended up just going through the doorway and still being in the hall. My mom walked up to me and asked what I was doing but I tried to ignor her and then I finally got the crossroads to apear behind the door and I went in. I think all the time I spent took a toll on my lucidity though and when I went through the door I was near the crossroads on the sandy looking part sitting with a bunch of orphans in a junk yard type deal. My personal guide was there and he said he had to walk over to the crossroads but we were close. I lost my lucidity at this point but I do remember vaguely being at the crossroads and though I don’t remember what I did I woke up with the word “Clematis” in my head. :wink: (Clement/Gladis combonation?) This dream was in the middle of the night (day? I slept during the day 7am-3pm not at night.) It was weird to have an LD in the middle of my sleep like that. I tried to WILD when I woke up and felt the vibrations for a second but then they went away and I fell back into ND.

I wonder why almost everyone (actually I think it is everyone) has corrupted Crossroads dreams, Crossroads partially finished, receptionists missing etc etc?

Do you think its cause people desire it so much, or strive for it and for some reason the mind fouls up this reality when you find it?

I think it could just be the ways that our differnt minds are interperating it. Maybe like how your house will slightly look different in some dreams maybe there’s just no way of avoiding the point of view factor.

Are you referring to the astral planes? (let’s assume the astral realm exists without doubt) If the pictures of the Lucid Crossroads really do become imprinted in the astral realm, we would technically have to know how to become astral explorers and separate LD from astral projections, so to speak…and that makes it sound kind of hard to actually find the Lucid Crossroads and actually meet people. Or is the astral realm the same place we visit every night, except our imagination alters the way we perceive it?

Even if the astral planes don’t exist (not to say I hold this opinion) I still think the Lucid Crossroads can have success by other means of communication. Besides, this is a perfect testing ground for exactly that.

I also think you should add some body of water, unless you haven’t already. People can probably find this place better by taking flight towards any ocean, fly over it, and then eventually come upon this place, as traumgänger has done. I often have dreams involving oceans and water, and I can imagine this as being the simplest path towards finding the Lucid Crossroads.

Well you’ve certainly created something amazing, Pantalimon. Nice work. Keep the place clean because the dream team will be attempting regular visits. :angel_fly:

No I was just meaning what aydira said

Which I always thought would happen I just don’t know why its always looking like its a bit run down?

If astral relms do exist I would dought that the Crossroads will form in them for quite a while, and many more people would have to be thinking about them to make them “astrally real”. Remember that people who claim to have AP’s say that most things are not as they are in the real world (your room, objects etc as they haven’t existed in there for long).

I really would like to update the Crossroads and make changes like the body of water, surrounding far off hills and mountains and a city in the distance as well as many other changes including the improvement in quality (realism) of the views. I just haven’t had the time though sorry!

See my post to the fighting thread in this dream Diary forum for the details on the Lucid Dojo that I also want to do.

Hope all your dreams are lucid and that some of them end up in the Crossroads

Pantalimon :tongue:

One more thing I have added to my “what to do when lucid list”

Why didnt you ask scotty to beam you down to the lucid cross roads?
didnt you try falling to the crossroads once before too (somehow remember you saying so, or was it someone else?)

I like the astral theory, pantalimon…

I’ve noticed the stories of the crossroads, getting closer and closer to what you’ve been depicting each time… It is as though each dreamers mind is shaping what ends up there…

In time, I believe it will form a strong identity on the astral plane.

I’ve been meaning to try and reach the crossroads for some time now, and it’s been at the top of my dream time to do list. I almost got there last night, what I saw were two very interesting idea about the crossroads :smile:

I had a familiar dream of being chased, an FA where I knew I was dreaming, then the LD. I kind of recalled the before dreams, so decided to test if I was dreaming now. I stick my hand through my other hand, even though a dc there tells me I can’t do that. So I recruit some DCs who want to leave, and I try and think of a place to go, as well as a method. I decide I will use a computer nearby to show an image of where we will go, so the others can jump through the screen with me. I just intend to pull up any other place, and see a midevil style version of the lucid crossroads! Someone asks me where it is, and I say it’s the crossroads…the lucid crossroads. It looked like a midevil version of the crossroads, and I was certain that it was definately the crossroads. I’m a bit surprised by it’s appearance, but we all jump through the screen anyway. For some reason we still are in the classroom. I decide to call a guide to get there, and out of nowhere appears Jack O’neil from the Stargate series. He tells us to just go through the door (that appears behind us) and I will know which way to go. It really made sense, as long as you know where you are going in a dream it doesn’t matter what way you go, you’ll end up there. So we walk down a street, and the next turn will lead us to the lucid crossroads, I tell the DCs with me. I start to feel my dream break up; everything becomes a bit distant, and so I rub my hands and start spinning. This not only brings my dream back full swing, it makes be a bit more lucid. I’m pepped, and the DCs think me odd to be so ready to go. I run on down to the crossroads, and some of them decide not to go, either way none of them catch up to me. I know the crossroads are only a few feet ahead, but there is a lucid crossroad souvenir vender right there :eh: I look and see that all this lady has to sell are heart shaped pendent necklaces, similiar to the heart shaped glass beads I have. I ask what they are for and she tells me they take you to the crossroads, but they are powered by reciepts from her shop. I ask her if I can have a magic reciept put into mine so that whatever purchases I make in the dream world show up on it, and she agrees to it. I notice a small fluffy white cat, which she takes a necklace from and gives it to me, putting a folded reciept inside it. After getting it my dream ends, and I do my normal stuff to check if I really woke up.

So, do the crossroads really have to look the same…or just have the same elements? From the picture I saw there was a shop with some sort of lucid related painting on the front where the ‘are you dreaming’ sign is, two shopkeepers out front, and several doors standing out in the middle of nowhere around it. I guess this is one way to interpret the crossroads in a past time? I wonder how it would look in the future?

The second thing I found interesting was the whole idea of the necklace being powered by things done in the dreamworld. Perhaps the badge thing we are suposed to find at the crossroads can have something like that for lucid dreams…like increased power for each LD so that it would be easier to get there with experience. :confused: Well, anyway, the crossroads certainly have a lot of possiblilites

The Crossroads is now 6months old! The behind the scenes counter says the site has been accessed over 14000 times in that time, I’m not sure how many people that translates into viewing the site but I imagine its mounting up.

I see it taking about 3 years to accumulate enough dreamers who give the Crossroads some thought in dream time before we find some people who actually do meet there. In that time I intend to revamp the Crossroads as a place, improve the realism of the views, add mountains and sea etc etc.

I’ll use your lucid on the site if you don’t mind Greyfyre

For all those that do find the Crossroads try to write in the logbook or on the paper on the tables. I’m going to have a large chalk board in the new Crossroads and when a dreamer leaves his name on it or a message I will update the websites view of the board to include that dreamers message.

I don’t mind at all.

:content: with the great work you’ve done on the present crossroads, I’m sure the revamping can’t go wrong. good luck with it

Hehehe, sounds fun. I will add it as my second thing to do when I become LD. I really want to be successful with Jeff’s transporting technique before I do anything else. When I become successful with Jeff’s technique, I will try and approach this lucid crossroads. Sounds very exciting! :happy: Can’t wait to try it out!