I REALLY want a lucid dream.................................

I HAD A LUCID DREAM LAST NIGHT!!! WOO… :grin: :cool_laugh: :grin: :cool_laugh: :smile: :content: :happy: :grin: :wink: :cool: :cool_laugh: :cheesy: :eh: :confused: :content: :smile: :grin: :cool_laugh:

here it is from my dream diary:
DATE:19th October 2002

LUCID DREAM:I don’t know how but I realised it was a dream (maybe because, since I’ve started trying to ld, I’ve been questioning reality sometimes). I think it was low lucidity (or I couldn’t remember it well, but I think I woke up RIGHT after it so it was probably low lucidity) because there were some things I tried to do but couldn’t. I was in my house, and I remember that sometime during the dream I checked and I had six fingers on one of my hands (the left one I think) and I looked at a clock in my room and it changed (both when I looked away and back, and when I was just looking at it). It’s green and at one point the second two digits even changed to red. I think I did these things just for fun though, I already knew I was in a dream, I just wanted to see were those things true.It’s cool that I got my first ld but it wasn’t really that good. I didn’t really have time to do anything it was mostly me checking if I was in a dream. I didn’t try spinning but I think I thought about it and at least I didn’t wake up right when I realised I was dreaming. I remember someone saying “If you believe it will happen, it does” so last night I satrted trying to believe I’d have one. I also remember the dissapointed feeling when I woke up before I’d really done anything. I’ve heard of people not being able to do things in dreams but I always thought it’d be easy to make things out of nothing but it’s not. I was going out of a rom and then saying something would be in it but when I went back in, it wasn’t there.

The thing is, I had this between I think 8 & 10:30. Maybe it was a WILD but I didn’t think about lding when I woke up at 8.

So tonight I think I might do something similar… only problem is, I get up at 8 for school… so maybe I’ll go to bed early and set an alarm for… 5 or something.

:neutral: wait a sec… tomorrow’s sunday… don’t know how I thought it was monday…

BUMP

The harder you try the less you’ll achieve.

Just do a shitload of RC’s when awake, read a lot about lucidity before going to sleep and maybe… just maybe you’ll get lucky.

I’m not entirely sure about the theory that the harder you try, the less you’ll succeed.

The more you try, the more LDs as on your mind. So clearly, the more you think about lucid dreams, the more likely you are to dream about them. It’s on the same level as ‘any publicity is good publicity’.

I think there is a hidden danger here though. The more you try, the more you’re going to fail, and the more you might believe that you simply can’t do it.

Not many people can LD any time they try to, so from all of this the valuable point is not to be disapointed when you don’t succeed.

Sweet, Atheist, well said. I was thinking of writing the same thing until I got to your post. I think that trying is key! You just don’t want to A: wear your brain out trying and B: stay positive.

Sean, you’ve had an LD so you KNOW they are real… now just keep in mind that PROBABLY it will be a little while before your next one. Its possible you’ll just start having them every night… if you do I will be extremely jealous! :wink: Just stay positive and do whatever works best for you in order to foster that recognition when you’re dreaming.

Personally, I have never become lucid by any means other than spontaneous realization. Just wanting them, thinking about them and attempts at lucid living have made them occur for me. There is a certain feeling to my dreams that I always notice in looking back at them. Sometimes I just realize it when they’re happening.

My LDs came very far between at first but I think the frequency is rising just from practice. Its a skill your brain has to learn like anything else.

"Sweet, Atheist, well said. I was thinking of writing the same thing until I got to your post. I think that trying is key! You just don’t want to A: wear your brain out trying and B: stay positive.

Sean, you’ve had an LD so you KNOW they are real… now just keep in mind that PROBABLY it will be a little while before your next one. Its possible you’ll just start having them every night… if you do I will be extremely jealous! Just stay positive and do whatever works best for you in order to foster that recognition when you’re dreaming.

Personally, I have never become lucid by any means other than spontaneous realization. Just wanting them, thinking about them and attempts at lucid living have made them occur for me. There is a certain feeling to my dreams that I always notice in looking back at them. Sometimes I just realize it when they’re happening.

My LDs came very far between at first but I think the frequency is rising just from practice. Its a skill your brain has to learn like anything else."

Yeah… the thing is… it’s strange… the night I had an ld I really BELIEVED I was going to have one, I tried to believe I was going to have one because people say that if you believe stuff will happen in lucid dreams, they will…

it’s strange though… I can never seem to believe I’ll have one as much as that time…

Maybe I shouldn’t be repeating things in my head… no I DEFINETELY shouldn’t be, when I try that, my mouth goes dry (even when I’m not using it) and I can’t get to sleep, I didn’t repeat anything when I got the ld so I’ll try just believing it will happen…

And then there’s this really STRANGE thought that sometimes crosses my mind…it’s like… :confused:

what if, I was only DREAMING that I was having a lucid dream? :content:

I know it’s strange but… hehe :smile:.

Hi Sean, nice you finally suceeded :smile:

And then there’s this really STRANGE thought that sometimes crosses >my mind…it’s like…
what if, I was only DREAMING that I was having a lucid dream?
I know it’s strange but… hehe .

Ahm, no, this thought isn´t strange. In fact, this happened to me several times.I think we even found a name for them:
False Lucid Dreams (am I right?)

Well, name or not, it can happen that you are only dreaming that you have a LD
But don´t worry, although noone ever can tell you if you had a real or a false one, I am very sure yours was a real one.Otherwise you would have recognized that you wasn´t really lucid.

Traumgänger

THE KEY IS TO ATTAIN CONSCIOUSNESS AFTER 5-6 HOURS OF SLEEP THEN GO BACK TO SLEEP WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT LD.

ALSO, THE AMOUNT OF CONSCIOUSNESS WHEN YOU WAKE AFTER 5-6 HOURS OF SLEEP CARRIES OVER TO THE AMOUNT OF CONSCIOUSNESS YOU WILL HAVE IN YOUR LATE DREAM STATE. IT HELPS TO WAKE UP, TURN ON A LIGHT, WALK AROUND A BIT, THEN GO BACK TO SLEEP IN AS COMFORTABLE THOUGHT FREE WAY AS POSSIBLE.

"Well, name or not, it can happen that you are only dreaming that you have a LD
But don´t worry, although noone ever can tell you if you had a real or a false one, I am very sure yours was a real one.Otherwise you would have recognized that you wasn´t really lucid. "

Yeah I’m positive it was really an ld but… it’s just a really weird thought that came into my head :wink: .

I myself have later questioned whether some of my LDs were real LDs or if I had just dreamed about them. I came to the conclusion that they were real however. You have to remember that there are different strengths of lucidity. Sometimes you just don’t have as good a hold on your own lucidity. These low level LDs can later seem as though they weren’t real in my experience.

That’s a good point LostBoy.

Something that can happen fairly frequently for beginners is losing the lucidity into a normal dream. This happened to me frequently in my first few LDs. Sure, you become lucid and take a look around. You look at your hands, examine objects in the room and feel a wonderful sensation at the realization that you are indeed lucid.

However, soon after you head out looking for adventure you may lose this lucidity, and simply begin dreaming normally again. You might wake up and think “Alright! I just had a lucid dream. Now, why the hell did I spend it doing stupid things that don’t make sense?”

Then you realize that you must have lost it almost straight after obtaining it. This happens to everyone until they learn how to control their excitement.

Plus too… I think what we are doing in learning to dream lucidly is trying to get our mind to work in a way its not used to. I think that if I were to spend a couple of LDs doing nothing but flexing that mental muscle, increasing our lucidity and clarity and grasp on the dream world, we’d start having much stronger LDs.

I’m setting that as my goal… calm down and build my skills at holding onto the LD… hopefully that will improve frequency and strength in my LDs.

Speaking of frequency its about damn time that I had one. I want an LD badly as well! Hasn’t happened in a while and last few days, despite all my efforts… my dreams have been slipping away from me as soon as I wake up. Sucks.

I’ve REALLY got… like…

nothing… in the past… umm… 11 days :sad: .

I haven’t got a lucid dream, and I haven’t remembered a dream…

well not remembered it well anyway.

There was this dream that something funny happened in (someone said something funny I think)

then I woke up and laughed a bit… then my mam came in and wondered why I was laughing… heheh.

Okay…

last night I tried repeating “1. I’m dreaming 2. I’m dreaming” like some guy said he was doing… you know the guy with the brown dog for his avatar?

well anyways…
I think I’ve concluded…

that repeating things DOES NOT WORK, for me.

The night I had the ld, I didn’t repeat anything…

so I’m just not gonna repeat anything…

I think I’ll try RCs.

So… when people say they do RCs loads during the day to make themselves do it in dreams, how much do they do it?

does it mean they’re looking at their watch every 5 seconds or something? :tongue:

Sean I think that the best way to use an RC is to take a couple actions that you will most likely do in a dream… walking through a door, everytime you see a girl/boy, you r mom… something that you find happens in your dreams AND in waking life with a good degree of frequency. Then start doing reality checks whenever this happens. Its a bit tricky because you have to remember to do it everytime you do the action… but that will also flex your memory and possibly help you recall dreams better.

An example of what I mean. Say you decide to do an RC everytime you walk through a door (may not be good since you may walk through a lot of doors during the day but… nevertheless thats up to you). So while you’re awake (or think you are :wink: ) do an RC everytime you walk through a door… actually stop and make sure you do a valid RC. Don’t just do a quick question and continue on. The theory is that when you walk through a door in your dreams you will eventually do the reality check and find that your dreaming.

I think it helps to coordinate the RCs with actions like this instead of just randomly doing RCs during the day.

:content:

I think I made some progress last night…

I can’t remember much but the one thing I DO remember clearly is Stephen LaBerge :grin: .

My first dream ABOUT lucid dreams :cool: .

I think someone was saying it or something…

That means your getting closer than ever.

I don’t understand how RCs alone can cause a LD. Yes do look for the most common dreamsigns in your DJ and do RC everytime you see them. I haven’t put this to the test since typing up and updating my DJ is a really frustrating task, let alone reading through them to look for dreamsigns and categorizing them.

I’ve also had a week go by without any DR and poor sleep, but that’s because I was messing up my sleep pattern with an improper WBTB and I was trying things that kept me awake instead of aware. Counting and especially math keeps most people awake according to LaBerge. Unless you’re real tired or don’t have trouble falling asleep, I wouldn’t persist with that method too much.

“I don’t understand how RCs alone can cause a LD.”

yeah, I agree, the night I had the lucid dream, I don’t really know how I got lucid, I just KNEW I was in a dream, I didn’t even look at the clock to see that I was dreaming, I just did that to see if that really happened in dreams or something…

Oh and last night, I was dreaming about Grand Theft Auto: Vice City :content: , I think it was like real life, but still a game…

like I remember a black car with flames painted on the side ( which was parked in a place kind of near my house IRL) and I wanted to steal it, but I didn’t get it in time (I did something else before it or something) and then I tried again and I got it.

I also remember something about a remote control car, which obviously came from the fact that in Vice city, there’s gonna be remote control cars and helicopters…

I was actually kind of thinking about dreaming about vice city before I went to bed…

I think a problem of mine is, I think of lucid dreaming, try to get to sleep, then start moving because I can’t sleep, and start thinking about something else…

I should probably get up earlier in the morning so I can sleep…

Ok, I think last night I had an ld again, it was really strange… :neutral: and involved GTA3… I had a dream about GTA:Vice City not so long ago…

The ld was crap, but the normal dream was fun :wink: .

DATE:14th November 2002

1. LUCID DREAM: I think I had another LD. It was weird. I think I was IN Grand Theft Auto 3.

I knew I was dreaming and before I did anything else I decided to fly. So I started to fly

but then after a little bit I started heading for the sea (falling into it, not going OUT TO

sea). The last thing I remember is the sea in front of me. It was set in Shoreside Vale in

GTA3, near-ish to the dam.

1. NORMAL DREAM: I didn’t remember this right away after waking up but I did a bit after. I

was in a grassy area, not a field, outdoor in a huge load of grass. I think there was a few

people with me (or an army) and then over the hill in front of me came an army. There was a

line of guys with helmets and armour and swords that reminded me of pawns in chess or

something (I think behind them there might have been knights maybe). I had a spear in my

hand, and I did something to provoke, or get the attention of one of the pawn-like guys to

my left.

He came over to me and the armies started fighting (or doing something, I don’t remember

them fighting but they weren’t bothering me and the other guy). So then we start fighting a

little bit away from the armies (I hadn’t got a spear now, I think I might have previously

thrown it at him). So I had no weapons and he had a sword, what I was doing was, when he

tried to hit me with his sword, I would grab his sword and try to put it under my foot and

break it by bending it (odd…), after a while I succeded and I had a piece of his sword

and he had the rest. I’m not sure what happened then, no one was killed, I don’t know if I

started fighting with the piece of sword, I think I might have for a bit but then I threw it

away or something.