Hey all.... nice place you have here.

I’ve been experimenting with lucid dreaming for awhile, or at least I was… For the last little while I havent given it much thought. But before, it got to the point where I would have dreams about lucid dreaming, which was annoying. :stuck_out_tongue: But anyway, somehow I stumbled on this site…

Im the kind of person who is rational about “mystical” things. I would say they are a nice thought, but probably not true, and actual evidence is necessary to convince me, I dont take things on faith alone.

But the funny thing is, I’ve been given evidence, for a couple things now. Chakras, for instance. Back when I was about to enter highschool, my entire class was sent on a “retreat”, and we did meditation, which was kind of fun. It’s a very mellow experience. For some reason I visualized a flower, and I spun it around and stretched it in my mind. Just played with it. It was interesting, but it didnt seem important. About half a year ago I was reading a book onl lucid dreaming, and it had a section dedicated to the chakras. I was very surprised to recognize my “flower” from long ago, and read that what I had done with it was what you were supposed to do with a chakra. Very interesting.

And now on this site, I recognized in the OOBE section, a description of what I’ve experienced when I attempted one, though not quite on purpose, if that makes sense. It’s happened a couple times, though again, not lately. A painfull, rattling, buzzing sensation of trying to escape my own skull. I think one time I made it “out” and floated around the room, which was odd. It always happened when I was lying on my bed, “dreaming” of lying on my bed.

I dont have anyone to talk about these kind of things with. They’d probably think Im crazy. So I was compelled to create an account here, and post this message, and we’ll see where things go from there… hopefully you guys wont think Im crazy. It feels good to tell someone though, in any case.

I’d like to learn more about chakras, if anyone has any info handy…

Welcome! I kinda like this place myself. :smile:

You’ve got a cool highschool. :cool: I remember our schools went to cigarette companies and gold mines for field trips. :bored: Hmm?! but that was a few years before my class. Our class was the only luck one to visit Washington DC, New Orleans, and Paris. What luck. God forbid the cigarette plant. :neutral: Could you imagine if today’s school tried to take kids to a cigarette manufacture. No way! not today, and I’m only 24. Geez, how things have changed. revert away from sounding old

I read some about chakras. I’ve tried using a few meditation techniques involving them, but I still know very little about them. I have speculated that chakras are the cause of some “emotion sensations.” Such as the pain you feel in your throat during deep sobbing. I think that is the throat chakra. I have also felt an uncomfortable sensation in my base chakra when I see something that seems very painful. Those are the only 2 I remember “feeling.” Both are during extreme emotions and are a bit painful. I’ve also heard that people can feel true pain during “heartache,” a true pain they feel in their heart at the time of losing a loved one. Science can not explain where these sensations come from, so till then I tell myself that it is “chakra’s emotion sensations.” I’ll take another explanation if I hear a better one. :wink:

A cigarette plant? Heh, that’s funny. No way that would happen nowadays. I couldnt even imagine what would happen if someone proposed it.

It was a Catholic school, so it was more of a get-closer-to-God kinda thing rather than open-ended meditation, but I learned something from it nevertheless.

About the chakras, yeah, that’s interesting! Sounds like a good theory, I hadnt thought of that before…