Massive weighty feeling?

I’m not a beginner to Lucid dreaming but I was wondering if some of you could help me. Sometimes when I have been trying to get to sleep for a long time, I get a massive weight feeling without warning. By this I mean very suddenly I feel very stange, like a weight inside me. This usually lasts 30 seconds and I can’t induce it. I am sure I am not alone with this feeling.

a) What is it?

b) Can/How this be converted into a WILD? I try imagining myself sinking into my bed with no success, and likewise imagine myself rising from my bed, with no success.

Many Thanks,

Magicadam

Hey:)I have such a feeling everytime my Obe starts.I sense it coming just by that.Unfortunately i really dont know how could i help.I do nothing about cause in seconds im being automatically pushed up.Without any effort from myself.Its still kinda new to me,so i realize im not too helpfull but anted to tell you you`re not alone with it,like you suspected:)
good luck.
Ps.What i think you should do it to expect an Obe and maybe “push yourself” gently(!)up.

I’ve had dreams, although not too often, that I fall very quickly and I heard this is common. Is this in any way connected to some sort of OBE? Maybe my sensation of falling and your massive weight-feeling are different interpretations of the same thing?

Pilot,

I have not experienced what you describe personally, but it sounds very much like what some people experience when they have Sleep Paralysis. I can remember reading people describing it as if someone was sitting on top of them.
Is this what you are describing?

Hey magicadam. Sometimes I get that feeling when I’m doing a WILD, and here’s my advice. Don’t try to induce it, that doesn’t work for me anyway. Just go with it, and accept it, and slowly, you’ll start to feel like your only inside your had and that feeling will be the only thing you ccan feel anymore. Pretty soon you’ll start getting vibrations, bla bla you know the rest.
Course I’m just saying this out of experience, so don’t take my word for it. Try it though. :content:

Sleepyhead:

Well that mostly happens with dreams where I continuously jump off something, but I haven’t had that happen for a while now so I don’t exactly remember details, but all it feels like is falling down really fast.

I donno but I’m looking forward to having an OBE, might have had one when I was small but it was different from regular OBEs and plus I can’t exactly remember it that well because I didn’t think of it as anything.

i have often that same thing what Pilot told, but i dont think i’m sleeping when it happens… i feel that i’m falling very fast. it’s pretty cool feeling, though it scares me every time, but my stomach doesn’t like it :grin:

I am new to lucid dreaming but I am familiar with the heavy sensation. I get it whilst going to sleep and I even look for it as a sign that I am on my way.

It seems to come when I am fully relaxed and I have lost fine motor control. If I want to roll over without waking up I have to do it very solwly and smoothly (like moving through treacle) and think of what position I want to be in and not how to get there.

The best way I have found to practice is to imagine that if someone was watching it would look like you were rolling over in your sleep.

This is usually the last thing I remember before going to sleep, although sometimes I am aware of starting to dream at this stage.