Hemi-Sync -Gateway experience.

Hi dreamaddict thanks for the post. How long has it taken you to achieve focus10. I’ve been trying for over one week now and I know I havent reached it as yet. Initially I thought I was making quite some progress because I felt strange, but my arms were always tensing up. Now I don’t feel as strange and my arms no longet tense up, but I can tell that it is not all that relaxed but rather normal.

Cheers.

I first tried out hemisync a little over a year ago. I later lost interest and looked for other “relaxing methods.” I usually always try to see how long I can maintain my awareness as I fall asleep, I tried many different methods. So really I’ve been trying for “focus 10” without hemisync for quite a while. It wasn’t till recently that I realized how much hemisync helps with that. It’s not like some magical CD, it does require some self-discipline.

I should mention that I hope that I’m reaching focus 10. I start to feel really heavy and then weightless as I’m going through it. Maybe I havn’t reached true focus 10, but it is a very pleasant and unique experience. I know I’m near focus 10 when my face, legs, and/or arms start itching. I might scratch them 1 or 2 times, but you have to learn to not pay attention to it. It really does go away if you don’t pay it any attention. Don’t “try” to make it go away, just don’t give it any thought. Once I get past the itching, I feel my body sink into my bed and fade away. So the itching can be a good thing, it tells me that my body is falling asleep.

This last “hemisync sesssion” I used “Wave I #1 Orientation,” or as my filename is called “Hemi-SyncOrientation,” which is 33 min. 07 seconds long. I used this for 3 days right before bedtime.
Then I moved on to “Wave I #2 Introduction To Focus,” the filename is called “Sleep - HemiSync - Wave I #2 Introduction To Focus,” 37:09, I used this one time so far, and this is when I had my LD I mentioned above.

I use Bearshare to find these mp3’s, and they are really hard to come across. Last year I remember I couldn’t find “Wave 1 #3 Advanced Focus 10” so I skipped it. I was so happy when I seen it available a few days ago, and from only one 1 source. It is 33MB and it stopped downloading right when it got to 30MB. :grrr: So now I’m hoping it picks back up where it left off. Only 3 measly MB to go. :neutral:

I have the rest of the “Wave I series.”
“Hemi-Sync Wave I #4 Release and Recharge” 36:01
“HemiSync Wave I #5 Exploration sleep” 37:04
… so only 3MB till my Wave I collection is complete.

A really good relaxing MP3 without vocals is this:
“yoga zone-like - zen meditation - hemisync-holosync quietude” 30:18
It has soft music and nature sounds that are good to relax too.

Right now BearShare gives only 57 search results for “hemisync” and I only see 2 of the “Wave I” series. Different gnutella software might be able to find more. Any suggestions? :wink: It also depends on when you try, I might can try next week and they are all available. I just noticed I’m not sharing these Wave I series so I’ll make them available to share. So you might just download them from me :smile: but be patient … I’m on dial up. :cry: Oddly though, my ISP is configured to upload faster than my download … and I seen someone fetch a 16MB file in less than an hour. That was with my occasional 60k connection … long story.

Also, I should redownload #2 Intro to focus 10, the MP3 encoding does not seem too good. It sounds okay, but it has about 5 really loud beeps scattered through the 30 minutes. So once you get all relaxed it sounds like a bullhorn blown in your ear. :panic: Very disturbing and darn near traumatic.

I have experimented with the wave I series for some time (downloaded from kazaa), didn’t found the discipline to continue experimenting with them for weeks (and this is necessary I think) but it definitely has some effect, you feel the brainwave stuff doing its job in combination with the suggestions. But you have to put some effort into it, listen to it every day and follow all the instructions, maybe I’m going to give it another try.

DA, I have always suspected those beeps are part of the REAL focus 10-CD, sounds crazy :huh: but maybe it is included to keep the mind awake? I hear them too, and only in intro to focus 10. Maybe someone who has the original CD can tell if they hear it too? If you have the “intro to focus 10”-CD please tell us if there are beeps in it.

I don’t think one should expect too much magic from focus 10, it looks like you have to go further to experience all the possible states. Here is the full list of CD’s known as “The Gateway Experience” from www.hemi-sync.com, might be helpful to get the total picture (every wave contains 3 CD’s with 2 tracks):

In my experience, almost all those tracks are downloadable from Kazaa/Morpheus/Grokster. Make sure to do a regular check.

I removed those beeps from the intro to focus 10 because I found them annoying. I kept getting startled every time. I’m much happier with the clean product.
I’ve managed to download the complete set for waves 1,2 & 3 from kazaa in less than one week. I have wave IV #4&5 ,wave V #2 and wave VI #3. They average about 30 Mb each.

I think I may have achieved focus 10 occasionally, for a few seconds at a time. Its a feeling of floating into dark space. This feeling engulfs the body giving an impression that the body is numb or nonexistant.
Sometimes I find myself drifting into sleep and waking again when I hear the voice, having missed some instructions.

I have refrained from listening tho the other tracks but have checked them them for integrity using audio software.

I’ve gone over my download limit on cable for this month and they have capped my download speed for this month. But some guy on Kazaa Lite has all of Wave 1 and I have them all paused and waiting to go as soon as next month comes around and I get my Broadband speed back :grin:

What size is the 1st track of Wave 1? On the one im downloading on Kazaa its like 54MB. Is this the right one?

Thanx

~ceavou~

My “Orientation” file is the only one encoded at 224kbs so it is 53MB. So you should have the right one. All of the others I have are also around 30MB and encoded at 128kbs, but they sound just as good.

Today I finally was able to get the last 3MB of “#3 Advanced focus 10” Yippee! :cool_laugh:

I found a good introduction to the The Monroe Institute, Hemi-Sync, and Robert A. Monroe himself. It’s a great short 2 page introduction. Don’t miss it if your interested in Hemi-Sync:
The Monroe Institute - An Introduction

I also found a helpful Hemi-sync FAQ:
https://www.monroeinstitute.org/programs/hemi-sync-faq.html

Finally, I found an indepth explanation of each of the 6 sessions of Wave I :
Gateway Experience
It defines “Energy Conversion Box” as:

I’m still using “Introduction to Focus 10.” I’ve been practicing while I’m on my back, but I think I’m going to change that. The last time I praticed I actually started to hear myself snore. :happy: I was able to ignore it for a while, but it became a distraction. :neutral:

Congratulations.
I’ve been using the intro for 2 weeks now, each night before I go to sleep.
Last night I slept thru a lot of it but was awakened by the awakening instructions.
I was going to make another CD with wave 1, part 3 and 4 but I discovered that part 4 is probably not complete. Its only 17 minutes long and seems to end abruptly. Be careful when you get this one because I’ve been tricked twice now.

I cant say if I’ve improved all that much since starting.I think its going to be a long haul, but worth it in the long run. Two weeks is such a small amount of time. One thing which I would like to try is to make 60 minutes of focus 10 sound and just concentrate on that. It seems that just as I’m getting somewhere, the voice tells me its time to wake up. Perhaps part 3 is longer.

CHeers

Even if those hemisync cds does actually work, the mp3s wont, cause the frequensies is destroyed by the mp3 compression. :bored:

Cause the mp3 technology is made this way, to take away the info the human ears cant pick up, which sounds usually good with music… but will stop these things from working.

Nope, this is not true. Sound is compressed indeed, but the waveforms still have the same frequency. And it is the difference in frequency between the left and right channel that counts. This difference stays the same.

Thanks tomas and Hypnodude,
I was curious about that myself. I’ve also read that about MP3 compression, how it takes away sounds not heard by the human ear. I was wondering if this had an effect on hemi-sync. I was actually thinking of posting this question.

but Hypnodude is right. The hemisync effect is still produced. The wavering sound you hear in hemisync is created by your brain. If you turn the balance on your MP3 player left, you only hear 1 consistent tone and the same for the right. But when you put both together your brain starts to produce the “wavering” effect, which is what makes hemisync. My experience so far has been very rewarding. This is my second time trying hemi-sync and this time seems more successful.

Ok, i guess i was wrong then :smile:

Anyways, what is the exact name for this file?

I have seen it under different names in Kazaa.

I have searched for:
‘Monroe institute’
‘HemiSync’
‘WAVE I’
‘focus 10’

I only searched for audio files bigger than 10mb, because most are around 30mb. I have seen versions that were coded at very high rates. Those were up to 70mb!
I have downloaded most of them, so maybe you can download them from me :wink:

what’s the news with the gateway experience? I’ve recently got it and just started to work through it. Is anyone still working with it?

Let me demystify the Gateway Experience. I only own Wave I - discovery. There are 3 CDs for Wave I. To have an OBE you only need Wave I. Robert Monroe uses the “rolling out” of your body technique for achieving an OBE (out of body) experience. And this “rolling out” technique is used in Wave I. The rolling technique is merely becoming used to your inner body (feelings, movements) and becoming able more to use them and getting in touch with them. Then you merely roll out of your body when laying down, then following your body in the process.

Of course I originally didn’t figure out this information from Monroe’s website, and I didn’t find this out until I came to the exercise in Wave I. The other techniques are for relaxing and helping one become used to altering their experience and becoming used to another way of thinking. The frequencies do work, and are quite relaxing.

A lot of people complain about the complete price of the Gateway Experience. But I only own Wave I. Wave I is all you really need to have a OBE, of course not everyone will have a OBE with Wave I. But all the techniques and exercises are in Wave I (to have an OBE). But I think with practice with Wave I, I think it is possible for most people to have an OBE. I am really good at the “rolling technique” but I use it in a slightly different manner usually before bed when I am very tired. When I am very tired it works very well and I have fallen into dreams many times with it. OBE’s are a little more obscure to me. Of course, if you are really cheap and don’t want to pay for Wave I, just practice when laying in bed and simply try to move without moving your body, it is the same concept. Wave I is 100$, for CD’s.

Another point I wanted to talk about is the recordings of Hemi-Sync or the MP3’s of the Gateway Experience. I own many MP3’s of Hemi-Sync and some of the Waves. But I own them in all 320kbit MP3’s. Most of the MP3’s you can download are of low bitrate, and frankly are poor sound quality. I also use high quality headphones, Sennheiser.

Direct link removed, please don’t link directly to vendors

Check the refurbished section you can find some great prices.

I would not download any MP3’s at 128kbits (concerning Hemi-Sync). I recommend at least 192kbits. And if downloading such material as Hemi-Sync I recommend even higher bitrate because of the frequencies being used. MP3’s are compressed music, whenever a .cda or a wave file is converted it does loose some of the material in the song. To what extent is another story, software can be a big factor. You may not be able to hear it but it is modified. I am just going to say the higher the bitrate the better when messing around with Hemi-Sync. I have had good luck with my MP3 recordings of Hemi-Sync, they are good but they are 320kbits of quality. I originally downloaded Wave I, and decided to purchase the CD’s, and it was worth it. Also check out MP3’s of Hemi-Sync such as the Metamusic. I really like some of the Metamusic, such as “Winds over the World, Inner Journey, Cloudscapes, or Higher.”
-One thing I have noticed when comparing MP3’s to the CD’s is on the CD’s the Hemi-Sync tones are more pronounced and louder, you can really hear them on the CD’s. On the MP3’s some of the Hemi-Sync tones are barely audible, these are poor quality MP3’s.

The Monroe Institute tells you to not use Hemi-Sync while driving but I use them while driving on long road trips. Some of the different metamusic relaxes you and keeps you alert. If I drive more than 6 hours on the road I use them because they keep me relaxed and I don’t get so tired so fast, and they keep me alert. Classical music also works well. Rock music makes me tired because it zaps my energy. Baroque Garden and Einstein’s dream are two of my main driving CD’s. On Einstein’s Dream CD track one is for Concentration and Track 2 is for attention (they don’t tell you this on the website), a very nice piano piece, both of the songs are the same with different Hemi-Sync tones underneath the music. On Baroque Garden -a very nice classical ensemble of songs-, the first few tracks are for concentration and the rest for attention. Both of these are very nice for driving, keeps me relaxed but alert.

If you want quality, the CD’s are the way to go, FACT. I own some of the CD’s and have over 80 MP3’s 320kbits of various Hemi-Sync and I recommend the CD’s, they just work better. Also high quality headphones are necessary with Hemi-Sync, also a good sound card will help, or a high quality amplifier along with good headphones. My headphones sound better than most high quality home, car, or bose stero systems.

Check out the MP3’s FAQ
webhome.idirect.com/~nuzhathl/mp … tml#ques17

Looks like Hemi-Sync also updated their website, nice.

p.s. You want to hear come kick ass sounds, check out this site, REAL holographic sound. Use headphones to listen. Talk about strange, this should be in all movie theaters, or mixed with Hemi-Sync!!! If you have read this and checked it out, e-mail hemi-sync and let them know. I e-mailed hemi-sync and holophonics and told them to get some meditation CD’s. Holo-Sync !!

I found out about the above site from the book The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot, now dead. I was skeptical, not now. Hemi-Sync also does work.

q. Do you believe it works?
a. Yes
q. What is a belief?
a. ??

Thanks for the good info DMTtrinitro. Most of the hemisync .mp3s I have are 320kps. However I don’t yet have the original CDs to compare them too. After testing out the mp3’s I do want to purchase the WAVE I series … but $100!!! geesh! :eek:

My ears do notice a difference in quality of songs from CD and MP3, I’m sure hemisync is also affected. However, the relaxing effects of hemisync can still be taken advantage of.

The Wave II #1 session mentions at the beginning a very important statement that I think should have been mentioned in the first.

As you see, The idea of hemisync is that they are just tools. They won’t “make” you have an OBE.

I have another favorite hemisync that I like to fall asleep too. It is called “Flying free.” The quality of this mp3 is poor, but the speech guides you through to a deep relaxation. I never heard how the .mp3 ended until I fastforward to hear it, I always seem to fell asleep before then. :happy:

Thanks for the links and info DMT, in another discussion we are discussing the sound of holophonic effects. Some of the sound effects are from a site you mentioned above.
LD4all - holophonic sounds

Hi all, here is my update.

I have been using hemi sync every night since my first post in october. I have been upto Wave I, part 4 but I’m still using part 2 99% of the time.
At night I use some Cds I made using brainwave generator. The Focus 10 or 10-5 presets are used. I use them when going to bed, which has been a poor time, since at times I want to sleep so bad that I rip off the headphones and try to sleep. For a few weeks I’ve been using part 2 (intro to focus 10) in the afternoons and bwgen at nights.
Well, I’m sad to report that so far nothing. I cant get the body to sleep, which is the priority with focus 10. I relax, then find that an arm has tensed up. This continues throughout.
I dont know how I’ve stuck with it for nearly 4 months!
All that said, I’ve decided to keep at it, sice I believe it will work in the long run.
All the best Ronnie

Yup you said it “However, the relaxing effects of Hemi-Sync can still be taken advantage of.” And that sums it up, and yes I have done the same. My Winds of the World MP3 does have a couple of rough spots in it, but what a great song. “Flying Free” I will have to check this out, I don’t believe I have listened to it.

And wow, that quote you posted is awesome. Experience does seem to be our best teacher. Yesterday I am lying in bed before sleep, as I usually do I merely notice things that are happening. I shift my focus to my thoughts and feelings and begin to notice them. And all of sudden a thought comes to my head. Then I had this strange, deep realization, a very curious question: That thought came from Me, I did create that thought, but from where. No one else threw that thought upon me, it was from me, it would be ignorant to think otherwise <<Of course this is decision came only after long contemplation of some philosophy.

I have felt slowed down lately because of questions like this, curious questions not entirely serious. And it makes me really question my actions and what I do. For instance when relaxing before bed, if I just observe my body it goes through shifts when relaxing, but the kicker is I AM DOING THIS, I am my body, my body is me. Then why cannot I control this, part of me does, and is. Automatic pilot comes to mind, as some mystics or shamans might imply.

I know I am rambling on here but experiences like these just stop me cold at times, some because of the implications, and it is directly related to the quote you posted because tools are just tools “As such, they do not create change in you. Only you can change you.” We are actually making this happen without the tools, we create what we want, however it is on a level we are not used to looking at. That is where I am at, a little slower and trying to figure out what I AM DOING. I started asking about these inner functions by looking at other people and seeing what they write and experience, but when I started looking into myself it now seems like a much bigger question, and it’s hitting home.

My intellect says > this is weird. What motivates my intellect? What motivates what motivates my intellect?

As Robert Pirsig would say, The high country of the mind.

p.s. Hemi-Sync sent me a e-mail back and said they will pass the information (Holophonics) on to research, to have it looked at. That was a quick response from them.

Nice to see some people try. I’ve started using Wave I in January this year, and so far they have proven very relaxing. I’ve learned to fall asleep on my back (long story) and I’ve placed my cd player in a box so I don’t break it while sleeping. This will allow me to work with it before sleep every night and as a WBTB WILD/OBE attempt.

I think they are rushed too much, and 30 minutes isn’t enough time for me to fall asleep, let alone 10. I guess after all of their testing 30 minutes should be enough to synchronize fully. I do consider buying them once I get somewhere but until then I’m taking the mp3s as a demo.

I hope they can make use of Holophonics to improve the Gateway Experience. Here are some things I’ve found regarding TGE, but I haven’t read any so I’m not sure how authentic they are. Rclick save Target As.
home.golden.net/~albertpn/Comple … Manual.doc
home.golden.net/~albertpn/Comple … Manual.txt
home.golden.net/~albertpn/HemiSy … Method.doc
home.golden.net/~albertpn/HemiSy … rience.doc
home.golden.net/~albertpn/WaveVII.doc

I tried originally bwgen good thing is you can set the minutes of the focus 10 sounds from the gateway hemisync series so you can customize it and there are no vocals you can do your own meditation exercises. I created an hour 20minute tape of focus10 sounds from hemisync wave1 on bwgen. However I tried the intro of hemisync wave1 and found to be very hypnotic more relaxing because of the fact that they added other special effects like ocean wave and static noise/pink noise they say if you add static noise it makes it more effective. But still though its nice to have two different versions. The beepy annoying noise I think is there on purpose to keep the mind alert even though its annoying on bwgen that sound doesn’t exist. I heard holosync is freaky in that they can imbed subliminal messages and you can not hear them not the masked ones that are very low in background to hear but the infrasonic/ultrasonic you can’t hear but the brain picks up somehow and it was a u.s. patent by the gov’t at one time de-regulated 10years ago, scary if they are already using this stuff in music or commercials, feed words/thoughts in your mind and think they are of your own?