What is everyone reading?

"ceavou

Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 6:17 am Post subject:

Fight Club - Chuck Palahnuik
To Kill a Mocking Bird - Harper Lee (For english at school)

“You had a near-life experience” - Fight Club "

I’m reading to kill a mocking bird too :smile:.

well… I’m supposed to be… I’ve only read one chapter… heheh.

Eeeek!! [%
OK, that book didn’t end up being too exciting, left me a bit confused at the end actually.

Now I am tackling a short collection of sci-fi stories.
Seven Trips Through Time and Space
Light reading.
:thumbs:

and before that The Holographic Universe

Red Mars must be an interesting Fiction book…might look into that

The Wheel of Time by Robert Jorden. Not sure how many books he has in the series right now… I suggest these to any serious reader. The best books I have ever read. More so then Tolkin…shhhh :wink:

Good choice, those books rule…he has 9 books out now, 10 is (supposedly) coming out January 7th i think…I’ve read them all, most of them twice…he gets a bit long-winded at times but overall they are very good…(but I still like Tolkien’s works more)

Out of curiosity, which book are you on?

Yeah SeanIRL that was a bitch to read for school, good story and all but I hate reading school listings (even if i would read the book outside of school myself :cheesy: )

I’ve just finished reading The Secret of Shambhala by James Redfeild and it is absolutley amazing. I’ve just bought the first book of the series - The Celestine Prophecy. It’s meant to be the best of the three in the series but I’m waiting till I go overseas to read it. :content:

I’ve also got these two from the library at the moment:
The Holographic Universe - Michael Talbot ( <-- Because of the raving on this forum)
Manufacturing Consent - Noam Chomsky

I ordered Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming in a few days ago and I can’t wait to get my hands on it :happy:

Too much readin for me :grin:

~ceavou~

Well just now I am reading a novel by the Norwegian author Jens Björneboe, called “Haiene”, or “The Sharks” in English. It is a task given by school, but actually I don’t mind so much about where I got the book :smile: I don’t think many of you have heard of this book, but half-way in the book the main character has a monology where he speaks a lot about a state of heightened awareness which he gets without using drugs or any artifical stimuli. I find it interesting, because the description fits just perfect on Lucid Living, just that it is a part of his life, he is not doing it to gain anything in particular. :smile: Something to think about for me, who doesn’t want to use one second on LL, just because I’m lazy :alien:

Earlier this day I was in library, and saw Hitchiker’s guide to the Galaxy (in Norwegian translation). I thought, everyone says it’s so good, why not read it? :wiske: So now I’m here, with the book in my hand. Soon I’m going to start reading it, and I hope it’s so good as they say it is :smile:

I just bought a (2nd hand) book about ‘Frederik van Eeden’.
He came up with the term ‘Lucid Dreaming’

It contains loads of his LD’s and some info about himself.
Great book! :smile:

I am now reading The Mission of Art by Alex Grey.

I have to read the first 15 mins. of english class now, so im forced to read abook, what a pitty, but atleast its something :yeahright: that i am intrested in.

Currently reading Ultimate Journey, Robert A Monroe (I should have bought this book). Has anyone read this? Would it be worth reading his other prequels, given each costs ~$20?

i’m reading the vampire chronics by Anne Rice. the queen of the damned is my favorite… i’ve read the books so many times before, and i’ll do it again… :happy: has anyone read them? thats why i’m claudia, btw…

Reading “Lessons Out Of The Body” by Robert Peterson. His website also has “Out Of Body Experiences” online! I will read that as soon as I’ve finished “Lessons”.

Also just finished reading a couple of James Herbert novels, “The Fog” and “Others”. Currently starting “The Magic Cottage”…he’s becoming one of my favorite writers.

:eh: I’m becoming a book worm these days.

I’m reading…

Harry Potter: Order of the Phoenix
The Dropas book 1 and 2:Tim etters
The Closing of the American: Allan Bloom
The End of Utopia: Russel Jacoby(hardest Book I’ve ever read)

EDIT: Kansas City Numbers! $$

Hmmm. Currently reading only one book:
Thinking in Java, by Bruce Eckel
It’s a great story full of suspense, but only if you’re a computer nerd like me :alien:

I am now almost done with Jeff Noon´s collection of short-stories (“Pixel Juice”).
I liked it as much as Vurt and Pollen.Perhaps even more than Pollen :slight_smile:
Thanks again LostBoy, one of the best book tips I ever received, although it´s quite hard for me to read (I try to read most books in english, at least if the original is in english)

I also read a book that were just philosophical discussions between Terence McKenna, Ralph Abraham and Rupert Sheldrake.I liked it a lot, although I found it VERY difficult to understand, especially at the beginning.The german title is “Denken am Rande des undenkbaren” (=“Thinking at the edge of the unthinkable”)

Next one I want to read is “The little prince”.French version (“el petit prince” ?), to practice for my next summer holidays in france

Also got to read Huxleys “Between Heaven and Hell”.That one is about drug experiences

Traumgänger

The Alcamist (sp?)-not sure who its by
Children of the Mind- Orson Scott Card
Sophies World- Not sure (Highly Reccomded)
Harry Potter 5- jkr ( :red: its ok, i accually just finished, i’ve read much better books, but its not horrible)

I’m trying to understand Realm of the Ringlords from Laurence Gardner at the moment. It’s a wonderful book about the historical origins of elves, fairy tales, werewolves, witches, demons and vampires and it’s connections with ancient Egypt, Sumeria and the Celts. A bit too detailed though :eh:

Dune… It’s a classic :content:

since dreaming is all association i’m reading ‘Tristram Shandy’ at the moment. (he hypnodude als je ‘Kant and the Platypus’ leest dan mag je jezelf intellectueel noemen…)