Grr :(

I don’t know what’s wrong with me…i’ve seriously tried everything and gotten nowhere!! Will i ever lucid dream? I feel as if It’s not possible anymore for myself

Well maybe it’s your attitude?
Try feel the opposite way about it. After all it’s all in your head… :grin:

i have tried for a long time and continued to be positive but i’m sure you understand that you get aggrivated if you don’t accomplish something after a long period of time

Have you tried all of those techniques they write about, like the “late morning nap”? They say it’s possible for anyone, and I guess I believe them. :smile:

CurlyQ105, Yeah that’s familiar feeling, i had non-lucid period during spring time that lasted for several months and nothing seemed to help. It’s really frustrating but when you finally get lucid (and you will) it feels even better after all that waiting. :happy:

And if you don’t seem to get lucid just by waiting for succesful MILD then why not practice WILD? At the same you learn to relax better as it’s like meditation…

I really dont see any point in “giving up”.Give up what?!0 minutes a day to think about it before sleep?And another 10 mins on the morning to write it down.
I dont see in categories of something too fussy.It takes really little time:)
Keep it goin:)

Well, what worked for me was trying to make a deal with my subconcious:
offer, in exchange for a means of becoming lucid, to pay close attention to all dreams

I was ready to say LD wouldn’t work for me, and made my little deal with my subconcious; :content: mine told me in no uncertain terms to use MWILD (via a non-lucid dream where a DC forced me to take a MWILD pill).

I think that was about a week ago - had my first LD the 21st.

Never giving up is the key :smile:

I told a friend of mine the basics about lucid dreaming a week ago and what happens? They start having them. Just like that. I feel happy for them, but it certainly is slightly frustrating for me! :bored:

I’m sure we’ll get there soon! :content:

At least they believed you! :smile:

argh! i have exactly the same thing, ive been working on getting lucid dreams for atleast 2 weeks. i had a very small lucid dream, where i was thinking like haha now im lucid, but then it only lasted for such a short time, if it even was lucid, so i say it was only part lucid, or almost lucid.
for some reason i have lost a bit of my interest in ld, but still think of dreaming every night and then i remember my dreams, but like last night i had some fucked up dream and was disappointed because of it.
i told my friend about it, and he got it right away, another friend is in awe about how many dreams he is seeing and how they are so cool, and he remembers many of them…
i guess me getting lucid will take me quite a bit of work and time. I have had lots of stuff to do lately which might affect it since i cant concentrate on it properly…
but i keep trying.

That “make a deal with your subconscious” thing sounds like a great idea. Those terms might not work for everyone, though. I’d encourage anyone who wanted to try that to learn about stuff that helps you communicate with your subconscious, like self-hypnosis or autoquestioning. Or just wait until your next lucid dream and talk to dream characters. (This never worked for me until recently; they always used to walk away. I finally got it to work, and I don’t know why.)

Well, CurlyQ105, I usually stare at my hands for a long time before I go to sleep. Like around 5 minutes, and I ask myself in my head/out loud, “Am I dreaming?” Then I imagine things in my head like what I want to do in my LDs, and I focus on them really hard. WHAMO! It happens It’s worked for me! It might work for you.

i’m going through a similar problem myself. i’m afraid it might be because i’m losing interest… so here i am trying to get more actively involved by posting on the boards…

i’ve been recording my dreams for almost a month now, and i read a good LD book about 2 weeks into that. within a few days of reading it i had an excellent, semi-long LD. i’ve been doing reality checks everyday still. i’m hoping i’ll learn to do it often eventually but not having one in two weeks is kinda discouraging =/. i havent been thinking about it too much before i sleep though… i’ll start doing that i guess. any tips would be appreciated.

Thank you all so much for your help. I will try all your suggestions! Hey robotfrank, what book did you read? I hope within the week, u can come back with a success story

Who said they’ve been trying for two weeks!? So what? I’ve been trying to get steady LDs going for a couple of years now. I only get them once and a while but then again… I have trouble maintaining my efforts during school.

If you’re getting discouraged then start watching some movies that are dream or semi-dream related and will get you excited about it again… like Vanilla Sky (which I just watched tonight… nice) or… Waking Life… even the Matrix.
You might also get your hands on Stephen LaBerge’s book or other dreaming books if you haven’t yet. Most of the ones that I’ve read got me all excited when I was losing motivation.

Above all just buck up and trust that it will happen. Everyone CAN do it.

curlyQ, the book i read was “Stop Sleeping Through Your Dreams”… It was a good book but it focused mostly on interpriting dreams which is neat but that’s not what i’m really working towards. Still a great read.

last night i came real close to having a LD. I was for some reason lying on the rug (not my rug…) and somehow i realized i was dreaming. first thing i thought was “try not to lose this” and i lost it within seconds… woke up. that’s happened the last 3 times i achieved lucidity. didn’t happen the first time though. im guessing i might be hung up on not trying to wake up. i need to stop doing that =/

I have been trying for almost two months now and i have had no success. I still try techniques but i dont think i care as much wich is a good thing (i think) i heard that if you want it to bad it may not come. i still want one but i dont need one right this second. i think i have developed more patience becuase of this