When sleep takes over...

Hello everyone. I apologize if this is redundant, but I’ve been reading about the experiences people have the moment they actually go to sleep.

I, myself, have never been able to maintain conscious thought that far into going to sleep. I seem to lose it somewhere before the point of going to sleep. I’ve heard of the sound many people hear (rushing water, high pitch noises, etc.), but I cannot ever recall having experienced any of these sensations myself. To me, when I wake up, the last thing I can ever remember experiencing is lying in bed trying to go to sleep LOL. In fact, even before I became an ‘LD padawan’, I recall always wondering what it actually felt like the moment you go to sleep.

For those of you who have, is this something that you had to work to be able to do, or is it just something that you’ve always seemed to be able to do? Also, it seems that those of you who have would be able to have some success with the WILD method? No?

I have it similar way.Allways "blackout"before i hear anything.I rarely see any hypnagogics:(
Cant wait for answers:)