Stingy with LD ideas.

I love animals. I really like fish and sea creatures. I bought me a batch of Sea Monkeys for my birthday. I also got the most beautiful Betta fish I’ve ever seen.

So!
you say. :content:

Well, Later that day I felt “fishy.” So I watched an underwater special on television about exotic deep sea creatures.

Has anyone seen how some of these deep sea creatures “color shift.” I know a type of octopus does. But some creatures light up like bright neon lights and their whole body looks like a light show. I don’t know the name of any of these creatures, but they are fascinating.

Well, I was going to be stingy and post a cool LD in the Dream Diary about how I had an LD in where I “color shifted.” … but I havn’t had an LD in a few days yet. So I thought I’d share it with everyone and see who could be the first to “color shift.”

Turning yourself green or red seems to easy. I want an LD where I look like one of these bright luminescent “light show fish.” Has everyone got a chance to see one of these amazing creatures? Now that I have, I think it should be easy to do in my next LD.

Good-luck! :thumbs:
:smile:

I would split myself in two in that LD, if I were you.
Otherwise you won’t even see the beautiful creature you have transformed into :wink: .
I’m not kidding, LD-researcher Paul Tholey (may he rest in peace) has done a lot of experiments with people who managed to split their consciousness, being different people/animals/creatures/things at the same time. Talk about “flexibility of mind”! Never saw someone posting an LD like that here, so this must be difficult. Any LD-athletes here?

Good-luck with the LD-transformations :smile:

Are you talking about bioluminescence, like zooplankton and deep see jellyfish? Or do you mean pigmentation, like cuttlefish (probably the type of ‘octopus’ to which you are referring)? Just interested…

ps. I changed my avatar again 'cos I had such a good dolphin dream recently

Yeah, I’ve seen lots of fish like that. I was looking at some really cool ones in the pet shop the other day, and I wanted to just stare at them for ages, but my girlfriend dragged me away :sad: . In an LD the other day I was in the water and I was changing the colour of the water, and I found it really easy, so it should be pretty easy to change the colour of yourself too. Also in that same LD I did something similar to what you’re talking about, brainhacker. I made another version of myself, so I was still looking out my eyes in my body as usual, and there was another one of me that I could see just in front of me, which I could control. I was trying to be able to see out the other ones eyes at the same time, but I think it was just too hard for my mind to comprehend seeing 2 things at once like that.

I had some great LD’s last night. About 4 different LD’s thanks to some false awakenings. :neutral: So I guess I just had one long segmented LD. It was during my first hour of sleep, so after I had my LD I failed to record it in my dream journal … I was still too sleepy.

I tried the “color shifting” but with no success. I first tried to simply change my skin color to brown or black … but it just stayed the same. I looked at my left arm as I closed my eyes and focused on “turning black.” After I opened them I was still the same 'ol color. This is going to take some practice.

Yes Kobrakai, I am talking about bioluminescence. Kinda like fireflys or lightening bugs. :smile: but the fish are way cooler!

Jabbervock, I wish my local pet store has fish like that. I haven’t seen them if they do.

BrainHacker, great idea. It seems like I have read about that before. It also seems very hard to try. Especially after my luck with “color shifting.”

I wish I remember more of my LD. I guess this is my lesson of the importance of a dream journal. :wink:

Sheesh…you guys are lucky!!! Talking about all these LD’s you’re all having is making me jealous - I’ve only had about 4-5 in my entire life; one of those wa actually s a week ago, which only lasted a few minutes ( I totally forgot to apply the prolonging techniques!! :grrr: )
Anyways, how long have you guys been practicing LDing? Did it take you long to get to the stage where you can have at least one or more LDs a week ( if you do have that many) ??? I’m curious, because I’ve been into LDs for a pretty long time, but only SERIOUSLY into them for about a month and a half now. I’m still a newbie LDer I guess - my dream recall has gone from like a few dreams a week to a few dreams nearly every night now :wink: …ever since my recent LD, I’ve been dying to do it again, and I cannot wait to be able to have them at will (I hope I’m not too far off). :neutral:

-Anyways, how long have you guys been practicing LDing?

I’ve been practicing LD’s since I had my first one as a child. That’s how I got introduced to lucid dreaming, before I even knew how to define it.

-Did it take you long to get to the stage where you can have at least one or more LDs a week ( if you do have that many)???

Yes! It took a while. That was before I found this forum. The tips and advice I’ve learned here on this forum have greatly increased my LD ability. Almost immediately.

-I’m still a newbie LDer I guess

WE ALL ARE! :content:

-I’ve been dying to do it again, and I cannot wait to be able to have them at will.

ME TOO! I only wish I could have them at will. Some people claim they can. I usually do average at least one LD a week though, trying or not. However, all of my dreams are semi-lucid. If things get too bad or scary, it seems my mind automatically adjust it to something more comfortable … even if I don’t “feel” lucid.