'Nap Attacks'

I have just watched a really interesting program on BBC1.

It was about people with a condition called ‘Narcolepsy’ which makes people just fall asleep, no matter what they are doing and where they are. These people need a lot more than average amount of sleep.

People with narcolepsy can also suffer from Cataplexy which is where sleep paralysis just kicks in, seemingly in response to high emotional states.

They interviewed one guy on the program who has narcolepsy. He has to have a sleep during the afternoon, and has problems at night when he goes to bed. He said he gets sleep paralysis up to ten times a night and has hullucinations then.

No-one knows exactly what causes the condition, but I just thought it was a really interesting topic. If anyone wants more information, the link to this page is: bbc.co.uk/health/features/narcolepsy.shtml

Fascinating. That would be terrible, I’m sure, but I bet that someone with his level of difficulty may answer a lot of questions for research psychologists. Insight, maybe, on her/his methods for escaping dream paralysis. I think when I had it - I just went back to sleep & reawakened normally, although, I bet there are more effective ways.

The sleep paralyzation. I used to get it a lot when I was younger. It is very scary. I remember once I was in the car with my parents and I was napping in the back seat. I seamingly woke up, but my body would not move. I tried to scream to my parents to shake me or something but it didn;t work. I had to concentrate on making a specific part of my body move in order to wake my body up. Usually I tried to wiggle my toes. I hope I never have sleep paralyzation again! :blush: