Spirits coming from the floor.

I was reading the forum a bit and I remembered as a young child I would have a nightmare or something and want to sleep in my parents bed. I would stay up long after they were asleep and watch spirits come up from the ground, it didn’t scare me, they were actually kind of protective almost.

Can anybody interpret this? I’m not quite sure what it means, if anything.
:blush:

Yes. You are insane.

Heh heh, just kidding. I don’t know… I once imagined something similar… a bunch of orbs like a flock of birds rising from my floor in my room and illuminating the whole room, then being swept away like leaves in the wind.

But, I don’t know what you experienced.

Oh, that reminds me of when I was a kid, and sometimes would sleep in my parent’s bed. Then I would sometimes see things floating up behind the bed :smile: They were not specific objects, just… strange “things”.

Maybe you have a sixth sense???

No, at least not me, because I know pretty sure that they came from my imagination. But maybe someone else in here has? :smile:

Those were hypnagogic hallucinations.

I think that maybe this is a common illusion as children… I believe that children are more prone to the extrodinary and so called illusionary. Society teaches us that these things are bad, so we grow out of them. I wonder what would happen if a child was brought up to think that these were a sign of good health or something to that effect.

That could be dangerous, LucidDreamscapes. From what I understand, there is a good reason that we consider certain things “bad” and certain things “good”, and messing with the “classical” ideals of bad/good could produce a person who has no basis in our society. Now, whether this is good or bad, you may have to argue.

I think it would be even more dangerous to keep our mind closed to such encounters. Our current lifestyle is not exactly doing wonders for the earth. Many cultures have a strong faith in the reality of spirits met in those states of dreaming, and this is considered as being important from a young age. We can learn something useful from such experiences. I belive there is definitely some value in learning how to interact with such spirits, from a young age.

The majority of society blankly deny their existence and see them only as a figment of the imagination. The way i see it, this doesn’t have as many benefits.

I think that today’s society is so caught up in the ‘reality’ of the ‘real’ world. They don’t realize that such things are possible. We know about .00000000000000000000000000001% of what is going on in this universe, probably less. Seriously, I think the television and media tell them that most ‘extraordinary’ things are not possible because this is the ‘real world.’ Most don’t think of ghosts as being real because of the fear; they think that if they don’t believe, they dont’ exist. Wel…I don’t believe in humans and animals and the earth and the universe, does that mean it’s not here? No, it’s still here and flourishing(In a way).

Anywho.

I believe that i am open to all this paranormal stuff, but i still have little or no proof that any of that stuff exists. Although proof may not even be applicable to the paranormal. I still believe it’s possible, but i don’t think that it is likely. Anyone that experiences seeing ghosts at night could be dreaming, they could be having those hypnagogic images, they could even be crazy. Especially when they are a child, because their imagination is even wilder than an adult’s.
LucidDreamscapes, i also believe that

There is only 50% chance that this reality is the real reality. The real reality could be our dreamworld. Perhaps i am the only thing in existence in my reality and perhaps i am attached to some type of computer (like the matrix). My point is we don’t really know what reality is real. I asked one of my friends and he said that this was the real reality, i asked him to prove it and he couldn’t. Then he said ‘but you know this is the real reality’ i said that i didn’t and there was no way of knowing.

I think one of the reasons that people don’t believe in ghosts is because they are afraid, but also because there is no proof. I have yet to experience a ghost (although once i imagined one). I think that in this world people make up their mind too quickly and everything is just getting more and more rushed.

The only way that we can be sure about is the universe, with the statement ‘i think, therefore i am.’
I don’t think you really don’t believe in humans, animals, and the earth, but they have a chance of not ever existing. And i know you just used that to make a point.