Your Dreamscape?

how many of you have your own dreamscape?

i have my own world. as i am a big reader of fantasy its a medieval world full of castles and magic and whatnot. im getting to a point where about half of my dreams are taking place in this world taht i created. that means about half of my dreams have been lucid latly.

if any of you are curious instead of creating each individual thing about my world i told myself to make a world. and i did. same with my house. i know that i wanted a house with lots of neat stuff… but to go through it and creat everything would be painstaking. so i told myself that my house was goign to be infront of me exactly how i wanted it. and it was.

the things in my world are fairly constant. im always finding new things. but once i have found them they stay in the same place. like my house. i always find new doors and wnder “whats behind here” but once ive been there it stays where i found it.

i really love my dreamscape. im working on comminting books to my subconscious so i can study while i sleep. im starting to recall snippets of things i never knew i knew… but thats all for now. respond and tell me of your dreamscape.

I’m wondering if you have any tips for creating a dreamscape. I can’t control my surroundings yet, but have a plenty of time in LDs to do so. Am I just trying too hard?

This is an interesting topic. Personally, I love the idea of going somewhere you’ve never been before, possibly even somewhere which cannot exist.

In order to actually reach these places, it often helps to begin somewhere familiar. Sure, sometimes people become lucid while dreaming about strange alien worlds, but generally you get more control over things if you make the journey there yourself.

I use my house as a sort of ‘hub’. As I’m sure I’ve discussed earlier, most (In fact, almost all) of my LDs occur when I find myself dreaming about my house. This means that most of my LDs begin with my standing either in my room, or some other part of my house where I know exactly what to expect.

From here, after my usual rush of excitement (Followed by attempts to calm down) I decide where I want to go. I picture a destination, and casually open my front door ‘expecting’ to see it.

What I’m describing is the standard ‘door’ technique you may have read about. I found it extremely useful, as it allows your mind to satisfy it’s need to remain logical.

Everything that happens smoothly flows together, with you never having to ‘teleport’ or generate any instability to the world. This keeps your mind from becoming confused and reaching for the ‘reset’ switch.

Sometimes you might open your door and see exactly what you would see in real life. That plain old yard, with a dissapointing lack of medieval combat or endless beaches (Unless of course you do actually live on a beach). In this case I just try a different door, and put a little more active thought into where I want it to lead…

Hi
Did you create this world within your dreams, or while awake? I am not lucid very often, but if I really could manage to make a world in which I am most of my dreaming time, getting lucid would be much more simple.
I´d really like to hear more about how you started this

greets
Traumgänger

i started while talking to my girlfriend about my dream house. its quite expensive to build in real life so i decided to build it in my dreams.

i only had a vague idea of what i wanted while awake. everything snowballed once i fell asleep. i went from my house to my yard and then to my world.

ive never had any problem altering my surroundings… it seems logical that i should be able to do whatever i want while awake, so its given that i can in my dreams. so that wasnt a problem. before my world i only had lds abotu once a month, but now as i said about half of my dreams are ld’s. they last days in dreamtime too, i think its because everything is constant… its like ive moved to a different place where im god.

i dont know how much of this is making sense, i was up late last night doing gov’t homework and its a little early.

ask more questions if i havnt clarified… ill answer them when i get back from classes.

Atheist, similarly when I want to get somewhere in a lucid dream I will spin and then think about where I want to go. Usually when I stop and get my bearings I’m there. Or simply turning around can do it to… expect to see what you want to see and then turn around and there it is.

traumgänger:

I guess I don’t really have a constant dream world. I do sometimes go to the same place more than once, but generally I get inspired by a movie I saw, or a game I played, and I try to go to a place like that.

It’s often quite easy to use locations you have spent the day looking at, since your mind now has a vivid idea of what it looks like.

Sometimes I simply feel like visiting a place where the water is purple, and the sky is green :wink:

I was somewhat inspired by the thread about ‘Lucid Crossways’, so I’ve been making an effort to build a place like that which will hopefully become constant.

I am interested in the idea that these dreamscapes can actually increase the chance of lucidity. Would this only be the case if you found yourself at this place while dreaming?

I designed a tropical island that one could only reach by being lucid and in control enough to be able to turn a stone into an ocarina and blow a note while thinking of it. It had a small beach and village and a plateau for watching the night sky.

Also came up with a city called Nephron… never been to either though. Still working on getting a regular lucid thing going.

yeah i find most of my dreams are in my house.
although i moved house about 2 months ago, most of my dream are still situated in my old house. which is logical i guess because i spent 12 years in it.

but i fond that my house always had something different about it, and it changed every time, anything from an extra room, to higher cielings or even the colour of everything.

sometimes i dream about places i have never been or even seen before, i got no idea where my brain gets these detail places from?

A lot of my LDs reside in the house I grew up in - I haven’t lived there for seven years! Also, they usually begin in the living room. I guess you start out where you’re most comfortable.

yeah its a bit wierd though, last nights dream happened on the blacony that we only got built a year ago, though sometimes i dream i’m at my grandmas place, i go outside and my house is across the street when infact its a few kilometers away

I have a dreamscape, but I seem to normally forget to go there when I become lucid.

It has a nice beach, like on a tropical island, and then inland there is a small sortof desert city, a bit like eygpt I guess, and then it goes on to green rolling hills and country land where my house is, its just a small cosy cottage, with my girlfriend waiting inside… :wink: .

so i take it none of you have a dreamscape that you visit regularly? i figured that it would be more common. what about Zaereus(sp?) he has his own dreamcharacter… and wasnt there someone who spent several dream years in a dream who built his own world. i dont remember his name. but i do remember reading his post because i began getting lucid once or twice a month.

Well, all my lds starts from my home and I have difficulties to get somewhere else, so usually I wonder around in that real world enviroment.

I have created a small-sized island to be my no1 dreamscape.
It’s a silent tropical island with all kinds of stuff on it (I mean nature). Palmtrees, jungles, white beaches, mounain ridges, waterfalls and last but not least my own ‘house’. This house is situated on top of a sort of mountain in the middle of the island.

I’ve created this dreamscape while awake, using memories of dreams I had and pasted these dreamscapes together and form an island, very cool.

Does anyone of you guys/gals have something like this?!?

Yeah, dutchthor, that sounds kinda similar to mine :smile: .

I have dreams wherein I go to places that I have been to before in other dreams… that is, they are places that don’t exist in reality that I have dreamed about on more than one occasion. Sometimes I even recall what I did last time I was there… like if I dream I was being chased through a city street and then dream of that same street a few months down the road I will remember being chased. Which is weird.

I had this one dream where I was at my grandfathers house and somehow the barn was connected to the ocean. Except… the ocean was only five or six feet deep all the way across. The sand was perfect and fine and the water was warm in the sun. There were no dangerous/scary things in it that I usually dream about… crabs, eels, sharks, whatever. I just swam in the warm lovely water… could actually feel the warm sun hitting me. I wish I could go back there over and over.

I think that if I could go to one locale in my dreams repeatedly it would be the string of Islands from the Monkey Island Adveture game series. I love the settings of those games.

Yo Jabbervock,
Tell me more about your island, I like to compare mine to yours.
Have you drew a map of it? I did… it really looks cool, and the isle is very detailed…

!AYE!

My dreamscape is MadWorld. Which is where my comic book takes place. I’ve had MadWorld as long as I’ve been able to LD. It just takes concistancy, and writing it out in a notebook helps. It would be easier for you to know about my dreamescape from my comic than from me. So I’ll just wait until I chance upon a decent scanner so you all can see it. Another tip, try to become emotionally attached to this dreamscape, like you would your blankey or PS2.

hah! i thought i remembered you saying soemthign about a comic. i dont see how you cant become emotionally attached to a dreamworld… sometimes im not sure which is more fun, reality or my as of yet untitled world. ill think of a name of it soon.