I think I found a level above Lucid..........

Lately in my LDs(which I don’t will, as they come naturally) they have so reallistic to the extent I some times mistake them for actual events taking place in reality. This has got to sound strange comic from me, but it’s true. I’m reached such a high level of Lucidity, my dreams don’t feel like dreams anymore. I can feel the sun against my face, smell a lake a few meters away, feel the subtle barbs on Thecayllia plant, taste the moring dew, I can hear a thousand things at once, which IRL isn’t a big thing.

I'm also curious to know if anyone else has had this happen to them. BTW...... playing Conker's Bad Fur Day has helped with my wartyme dreams, you should try it too sometime.

Either you tell me HOW or stop frustrating me!!!:slight_smile:
I want it,i want it,i want it badly…such a posts are bad for my mental health.
i feel like complaing again so i better shut up.
ps.Its nice to hear that there are such levels,makes us wanting something really worth it.Thx Zaerus:)

Oh, thanks, I didn’t know this was a good thing. Urm, caress my pine heads on dipping fish?

a few of my lds has been like that, but far from all of them though…

Zaerus:

I wouldn’t say that what you experience is a “level above Lucid” :wink:

There are many levels of lucidity, ranging from a simple realization that you are dreaming, to life-like images involving all the senses and emotions. The higher the level of lucidity, the more control you have over the dreamscape.

It also depends where you aim your concentration. Usually just by standing still and observing everything around you, the world will become clearer and more life-like. This is particularly true when you visit a common landscape, rather than an unusual alien world.

Understand Atheist, and ask anyone else, I’m a master LDer. It’s just a few things get by me that I let go unoticed. I still have no closer. But thanks for the feedback.

Zaerus, I think you’r experiencing what any one else would acheive inevitably when they’ve eventually mastered lucid dreaming up to the level of your ridiculously absurd ability (I mean that in the most jealous possible way :grin: )
I don’t think you’ve gone past lucidity, just experienced it to the fullest. The fullest being the same as ‘reality’. But then again you say you can hear thousands of things at once which may just be a trick in dream time??

But then again what would I know? Ive only had a few lds in my whole life.

Bows down to the Master :tongue:

Hm, if you really think this is a level above lucidity, it might be an idea to revieuw our 'luciditylevel “tree” ’ Coz i have found a status, a little below the normal lucid dream (The ULD, does anyone remember?) and I have proven it (for myself anyway). So maybe we must examine these two “new” levels closer and maybe we have to change our vieuw on the lucidity levels.

Greets,

DutchThor

Well you bring a new meaning to RCs :tongue:

Perhaps you are actually regressing, Zaerus, and you are trying to convince yourself that your dreams really are real. If this is the case, eventually you will be like the rest of us, trying to figure out when we are dreaming and when we aren’t.

I am adding my name to the horribly jealous. You are obviously much much much more skilled than am I with LDing so I won’t presume to give any technical advice.

You are saying that the dream feels so real that you are, in a way, losing lucidity? I mean… you begin to accept the dreams logic? Do you slip back into normal dreaming (albeit intensely sensual) Or are you still maintaining the sense of self and awareness?

Hey everyone…well, I agree with Athiest on this one - there are really MANY levels of lucidity, and what you’re describing sounds to me like a pretty high level - although, by no means beyond lucidity. I’m not doubting your ability, since I don’t know you at all, but it does just sound like a high level of lucidity. I’ve actually attained that level only a few times; the only way I could accurately describe it to anyone at the time, was telling them it was like I put on powerful eyeglasses, because everything became SO incredibly SHARP and vivid ( I don’t even wear glasses). The rest of my senses followed suit - every sense was amplified to my extreme delight. Unfortunately I wasn’t experienced enough at the time to employ a “prolonging technique” to keep the LD going (spinning, rubbing hands together, etc…) so it faded in just a few minutes. :scream:

I think you can know you’ve reached one of the highest levels of lucidity (if not the highest), when you can literally do ANYTHING…especially things the mind registers as inconceivable IRL. One of my friends is something of a master LDer, as she has been able to do some very amazing things, in the terms of LDing. She has actually manifested huge things, like mountains and houses, and then picked them up and thrown them, or split them in half with her bare hands. :woah: She’s proclaimed she can manifest people, objects, landscapes, etc etc…and then manipulate them in any way; I’ve heard everything from her, from climbing through mirrors, to dictating an entire crowd’s movement (like the group of people in the bar in “Vanilla Sky”). The only thing she says she can’t do in a LD is turn on a light! I don’t think anyone, not even the GOD of lucid dreaming, Dr. LaBerge, has been able to turn on a light…I haven’t even tried it yet, but I have a strong feeling that within a few more months, I’ll be having an LD once a week…and then I’ll give it a try… :wink: Well, those are just my thoughts, Happy LDing everyone! :sleep:

I used to have some opinions on why turning on lights dosn’t seem to have any effect. Originally I concluded that this is because lights are not something the mind can realistically project. Don’t get me wrong, you can certainly dream about dark places, but I don’t think most people have the ability to change the light level in a localized enviromnemt.

A while ago I concluded that things like shadows, specular highlights and shiny surfaces were simply not possible in dreams. The mind is powerful, but generating realistic light structures from arbitrarily positioned light sources is just a little too much to process.

Recently though, I’ve had some Lucid Dreams in which I’ve been able to use things like flashlights and fire in dark places.

I guess you just don’t notice these things when you’re dreaming. Too many other things to look at :smile:

Zaerus: I find your experiences very exciting :smile: I don’t believe at all that you are regressing, and feel that this is something that can only be positive. Like a deep meditational state, you seem to exhibiting a oneness with your thoughts.

I am reminded of the movie “Groundhog Day” for no good reason except that he was able to repeat an experience over and over to gain specific skills. If you have this level of concentration and sound, I wonder if you could try learning to play the piano or practice a foreign language.

Please post what discoveries you make in the coming weeks :smile:

P.S. I HAVE turned on a light with a switch. I’m not a very controlled LDer, but for some reason it worked for me. I suspect it was because the dreamscape was the house I grew up in, and therefore I had a high level of expectancy and comfortability. (just a note) :flower:

My first real LD I was half lucid after a FA and I flipped a switch and as I was anticipating, the light turned on in the hallway, but I could see part of the light beneath the door. Then I went to the next light switch for my room and it somehow lit up in a way. But then again I was still half-lucid and not being critical, so I probably just pretended it did and looked away. As good a RC light switches are, I don’t trust em.

I think I know why you have this realistic dream. But to explain you have to understand my theory about normal dreams.
It’s very easy.

For us to be able to take the right choises in life, we have to know the consicvenses of the different choises we make.
A good way for the mind to know this is to simulate a senario where one of the choises where made and see hwo the body and mind would react on that.
This mothod is far from failproof, but since the dream uses every thinkeble thing to make this as real as posible it is really usefull.
But when we start interfering with the dream the mind can’t use this dream for the original purpose. This normaly isn’t a problem since we usually have plenty more dreams than problems to sovle.

But when you get to good hang of the LDing and non of the dreams get to live its own life, the mind have to make the dream more realistic so that you don’t get lucid in every single dream.

You say you are a master of LDing. You migth be too good. I think the mind just trying to prevent you from geting lucid every single time.

You are experiencing what many people really mean when they say “out of body experience” - when your conscious brain wakes up entirely (or stays awake entirely, if you’re doing WILD) but your body stays entirely asleep in every other way. The result is extremely vivid hallucinations.

Fwongo:

You just described Lucid Dreaming in it’s entirety. :smile:

“Out of Body Experience” means exactly what it sounds like. Your body is asleep, and your mind has the ability to leave the body, giving you a perspective of the location from a viewpoint away from where you are sleeping.

Note: I don’t personally believe any of this, but there are many resources online if you want to read more about it.

That’s not true! I refer here to being completely conscious, as you are when you’re awake (rather than the hazy consciousness of real life), but still being otherwise asleep. 100% lucidity. When you attain this level, having a sense of being out of your body becomes more common, but it doesn’t always happen. People who say “out of body experience”, or (especially) “astral projection”, then, often are thrown a bit off by this and really mean any instance of this kind of hallucination/dream, whether or not there is any explicit evidence you are out of your body.

If you don’t believe me, I can dig up a few links.

I think what people really mean when they say “out of body experience” is just that. They believe they have actually left their physical bodies as a spirit or what have you. That is what they mean. What they have actually ecperienced? Who knows. Some people say there is an area of the brain that can be electrically stimulated to produce the same effect… I don’t know about that… some people say its a version of lucid dreaming… truth is elusive.

… despite what links you have. mrgreen: [/list]