Shared LUCID dreams?

Wasn’t quite sure which section to put this in. :shy:

I’ve heard of stories of shared dreaming, where people have the exact same dream at the exact same time, I’m not sure how it happens, but I do think it’s possible, so here’s my question.

I’ve never heard of anybody have a shared dream WHILE they were lucid. Has anybody ever tried? Did it work? Do you know anybody it’s happened to or has it happened to you? I’m really interested in this subject and it would really be helpful if somebody could post their experiences, thanks. :tongue:

Hi Illusion,

I have tried this heaps of times. I can’t say I have anything particularly conclusive from it. But I have had some interesting things happen.

My techniques upon becoming lucid have generally revolved around, telling my friends to move their awareness into their dreaming body, or me attempting to merge my awareness with theirs once lucid. I figure, each person has multiple parts to themselves - and as such, it would rely on calling their awareness to move into the dream you are participating in. Here’s a funny dream from many months ago.

The Telepathy Machine
Before attempting this dream, I had got a call from my friend Jess, and we both told each other at the same time that we would both lucid dream together. The night before we had told each other this, and we both had separate lucid dreams (which was still quite a coincidence - as he rarely lucid dreams).

I am resting in my room, when suddenly I hear a voice deep within my mind. The voice is male, rather abrupt, and says something to the effect of prepare yourself for an OOB. It reminds me at the time of Terrance McKenna. Next there is this MacOS System Beep. By now, I know something strange is happening! I hear some more conversation about the OOB Experience, and helpful directing advice. I try to focus energy on my fingers to find power. They spark a little - but when I think about it – there does not seem to be much point, as I can already hear a voice. I am not sure whether the voice is an inner voice, or a spirits though. I end up imagining focusing the energy from my fingers on that voice.

Soon enough, my mind is leaving my body. I head towards my window, and then I am free- floating through that astral energy realm, and notice fractal energy patterns are much clearer and distinct than usual. As I do this, the boundaries of the energy realm became larger and larger. Eventually, after some exploring, I return to find myself in my bedroom. I notice that the light in my bedroom is on, and after thinking about the risk of me making lots of noise and waking everybody in the house up, I decide to take a peek out the door. I open it slightly, and am very relieved to find the kitchen light on. It seems to be a rather dreary morning. I know that it is okay to venture out of my room (as I am lucid enough to realise that it is actually supposed to be night time). So I walk through the kitchen, past the hallway and into the shared room. At this point, I hear the sounds of my mum walking into the kitchen. Ah shit! I think, remembering my last lucid experience, I gotta hide. I try to cloak my energy, so she as a dreamer can’t notice me (I am sure she is gonna make it difficult for me to enjoy myself). I am quite relieved, to find a black and purple curtain where the damaged lamp would normally be. Taking a quick look outside through the window, I hide under the curtain for a while until I am sure everything is okay.

I walk back into my room, thinking about how good it would be to have sex. It seems that I have been walking around the house, in the hope of finding a girl in one of the rooms. But no, it is not to be – this is still my house, and I get the feeling that it just isn’t gonna happen tonight. When I get into my room, I notice there is all this free space under my bed. Normally there is a spare mattress lying there, but strangely enough there is just some junk and stuff. Memorably, I notice some black shoes which look they would belong to a business person. ‘Hmm… what are they doing there’, I think. Then I decide to get back into bed, so I can blast my mind out of my house. There really is not enough to do here. As I stand up, for a moment I cross into lucid sleeping and then back to lucid dreaming. I got into my bed, and try to imagine a scene taking place in front of me, including my friend Jesse, so I can leap into that place.

At this stage, a scene starts playing out in my mind. I am trying to get jesse to join me in lucidity, but the scene depicts him on the other side of the lightning and storm (there was in actuality a thunderstorm occurring at this time). He is on the right side, and is trying to explain to me his difficulties. He seems quite disappointed that he can’t reach me, and is getting very explanatory with his hand movements. Watching him, I send him a telepathic message that reads something like no, no, don’t bother. I am a bit worried that he might get caught in the thunderstorm, and don’t want him to do anything too risky in his dreaming. Next, there is this animation of me holding up a big signpost.

After this, the voice returns. The voice which seems more human by now, sternly tells us ‘if you’re gonna try communication, can you at least use this’. Well, I should have guessed I think, because all of a sudden there is this telepathic communication machine with a screen and the two of us pictured on either side. Hehe… We are pictured as possums or something, and the guy is telling us that we can use the green button to communicate something we like, or the red button to communicate something we don’t. I am of course still a little shocked, and confused, and can’t really think of anything to say. Jess presses the green button, saying something which I have forgotten. I remembering pressing the red button, and thinking it is a shame that there is not any chicks here. At this point, I realise the machine passes the message over as clear as the individual thoughts, and began to feel scattered and confused – lost to the clarity of the telepathic machine. I refocus my energy, thinking about how my thoughts are not really how I feel, and are more of a reaction to the confusion caused by the whole sequence of events. Sometime after this, I notice a blue diamond pop up above the screen – which is either a thought of my own, or of Jesses. The final comment, I hear is Jesse saying that ‘we ended up like a stick’.

This was such a great dream to enjoy. Maybe a key would be to ask spirit guides for help achieving your goal of linking to a friend.

Hehe… I just remembered another related story of my own. I suppose it’s about how to send a dream to someone, but I have to include some of the details - otherwise it will make no sense at all.

Last year there was this girl that I began to care alot about. What was bad was that my very close friend knew this and ended up hooking up with her anyway. I was pretty pissed off about all this, Being the rather shy type at times, I found it amazingly difficult to say anything to her about it.

Well, I would often see her in dreams. Just little moments, which I loved, because I felt so content - that magical energy between two people really comes alive in dreams. Even had an amazing lucid dream, where I asked about her, and was given a vision relating to it. Unfortunately, I couldn’t make sense of it then - because there were too many feelings running through my head.

Well, I really wanted to show her that I cared more for her, than my friend ever would. So, I would think about her often, trying to show her what was special about me. Many nights, I would imagine myself taking her hand and flying with her into the sky. Well it must have worked, cause one day she told me a story about the dream she had the night before.

She was sitting at at a computer. Looking at the screen, she was trying to create a world. An older female teacher sat near her, helping her and giving her advice. She was immersed both in the creation of the world using the computer, and in the actual living out of this place. At one stage, she merged with the scenery, and found herself fully in the world she was creating. A young guy, dressed as a superhero and wearing a black cape appeared on the scene. He took hold of her, and they flew off high into the night sky. Together, they would fly around this world that was being created, and he would magically heal the rivers nearby. However, at the end of this dream, what ended up happening was that the earth was left with all kind of disasters, and she said this was very sad.

As I am fascinated by the power of dreaming to heal the world, this was one of the other things that I was trying to get through to her - as I liked the way she cared so much about others, and felt this was somethign we had in common. Sitting there stoned, listening to her story, there were this overwhelming feeling that we’d shared something there. I knew the dream felt very real, and to me this was a great example of shared experience and also a warning of oncoming changes on Earth. Though, I never got the chance to speak my mind.

Anyway, after spending some time apart, but still being friends, I ended up seeing more of her. There was something really special about her, and she would always be in my thoughts. One week - about a year later, all I could do was hope that she could understand my love. I really wanted to show her myself and the worlds we could share in dreaming.

So one week, I spent alot of time imagining my energy flowing to her, so that she would become lucid with me. I never had any actual direct content with her, but one day, I went over to watch the world cup on TV with her sister and another friend. That day, we had an itneresting conversation about lucid dreaming, and i told her of my exciting lucid dream in Antartica. Anyway, the girl I liked ended up having to go to sleep, while we stayed up and watched TV.

The next morning, the girl I liked so much, stepped out of her bedroom. She had this look of bewilderment on her face, so excited. ‘I just had a lucid dream’, she gasped. I was really happy about this, and sat her down to hear her story. She began, by telling me of these recurring dreams she’d been having all week.

“Each night, a guy appears on the otherside of a tunnel. He approaches me, and pulls the bedcovers over me, and sits by me as I sleep. Well last night, he was there again. And suddenly, something clicked, and I realised I was dreaming. It was so cool, because I could fly and then I found myself at my old house in the country. It was just like it used to be, the damaged empty floorboard still there.”

She was really excited by it all. Though, I don’t think she ever loved me in the way I’d like, she did end up hearing about it. And for my birthday, I got given this cool book of Imaginary Places, so that I could visit them in dreaming. :smile: Anyway, These experiences gave me a lot of faith in the hidden reality of the shared dreamworld, but i hope they’re not too difficult to understand.

Wow, that sounds amazing. Thanks for the reply, appreciate it, Really helped me out. :content: