Newbie in need of some help

First of all, I’d like to say “HI” to ya all… :grin:
Hi…

I’m Deks and I’m from Croatia…

I’m very interested in Lucid Dreams and other similar phenomenon (like PSI powes)…

In any case, right now I want to be able to induce Lucid Dream at will…
How can I do that ?
Are there any techniqes that can proove usefull to me so I learn how to induce Lucid Dreams at will in about 2 weeks ?
Or maybe 3 weeks :grin:.
I know that I need to practise, and that it will come to me with time… but I was thinking if there’s a faster way… Eighter way, I’m willing to learn…

Oh yes one more question…
I’ve read somewhere that when a person is asleep (and is dreaming) the person has acess to the entire brain (and our science has prooved that we only use a fraction of our brains)… so I was thinking… if a person has acess to the entire brain when asleep… can we use Lucid Dreaming to “program” our brains to perform an action when we become awake ?
For instance… you instruct your brain in a Lucid Dream to activate your Photographic memory ability or speed reading so you can use them when awake…
I’m asking if this is possible and has anyone tried this ?

Can we program our brains in a LD to “activate” “certain” abilities?
This may be a stupid queston, but if we have acess to the entire brain when asleep, then we should consider a possibility that we can"program" ourselves to perform some tasks when awake with great ease…

I’m a newbie too, so it’s not unlikely that I might be wrong at some points.

I believe which techniques work is pretty much individual. Although, trying to think about lucidity alot won’t harm. The more you think, the faster you can get lucid dreams. That’s what I would think in your situation at least.

Also try to find some dreamsigns.

I don’t know much about that thing about ‘programming’ your brain when lucid, although it sounds interesting.

Deks:

I think you might be aiming a little too high with your goal to become proficient at lucid dreaming in 2 or 3 weeks. Most people experience success no more than once or twice a month when they are just starting out.

If you want to increase your chances in the short term, you may be interested in purchasing an induction device. The most common of these devices are the light-weight headgear, which can detect when you are dreaming and signal you with a red light or sound message. These are not cheap, but can be a very effective way of inducing Lucid Dreams.

There are certainly plenty of documented methods of increasing your chance of having a LD, but they all require a lot of practise before you can enjoy any reqular brushes with lucidity. Most of them are described on this site under the various buttons at the top. You will also find a lot of useful suggestions on the other forums here.

Good luck, and try to be patient with your success.

i dunno about that, but i know when you are dreaming, you are in a trance like state, and have direct access to subcons so you are open to suggestions/hypnosis.

The method i used for LDs was keeping a dreamjournal and doing reality checks during day, specally when you experience/see something out of the ordinary… Also might be a good idea doing a reality check everytime you wake up, to be sure you are not having a false awakening.

With these techs, i had my first taste of lucidity after a little over a week… Next one i had a week after there again… Took some time until i had them on a regular basis though.

I see…

Atheist

Thank you…
I’ll take it slowly…as I currently don’t ahve money to buy the equipment…hehe…

As for the “programming” part when Lucid…
I was thinking that when you achieve a LD you ask of your mind to take on a “journey” of “exploring your mind”…
Or skip to the PSI are immediately :grin:

Is anyone interested to attempt the “programming” I mentioned when in a LD ?
Naturally I’d need a responce within the next couple of days or so…
Those who are experts in LD if you are interested… can you conduct this experiment for me ?
I’m not asking anything dangerous…
A simple test to begin with…
I dunno… somehting like… if you are slower on the job than your workmates… then programming your brain so you can increase the speed you’re working on a job, like 2x faster than before…
Or, try something easier… like faster reading, or Photographic memory…
Can anyone try to do program your brain so you can use these abilities ?

I know that as a newbie I’m already asking for favours around here on a 2nd day… but to me, these kind of “challenges” certainly look interesting…
If you can try and suceed in the “Programing” while in LD I would mostly apprechiate if you could share the experience with me…
Thank you…