melatonin and ambien

when i dream my dreams are like half lucid, like i cannot control where i am but i can control what i am doing… to a point. when i dream i think they are real so i dont do anything i wouldnt normally do. what kind of vitamins or exercises can i do or take to realize that my dreams are dreams?? i already take melatonin almost every night and other nights i take ambien. i rarely ever take them both. would there be a problem if i did anyway?

I think its better to do some training when u are awake…like looking around u when u are in your room or walk at street and say to yourself…he! this is a dream…train your memory to experience life is a dream…and train what kind of rc u do when u have a dream…like the spinning tech that often changes your dream scenery…while in real live it does not…so its an easy and good rc…

keep things simple…

( I think with u its more a case of good memory training)

Good luck!

This might be off-topic to your question, but I can’t imagine ambien helping you sleep. It doesn’t make you tired at all, it really just makes you feel drunk. You’re really drowsy and crazy. I’ve done some really weird things on ambien that I wouldn’t normally do. Heck, it’s almost like thinking you’re dreaming while you’re awake on ambien. If you have a doctor that knows that you have a sleeping problem ask about remoron or trazadone, those make you physically tired as well as mentally tired, but not drunk-like.

Anyway, like the former just suggested, try a ritual and repetitive activity that you would do in the real world and apply that to your dream. Perhaps before you go to bed say you are dreaming and then flip a lightswitch. After doing this for a while you might start to do it in your dreams and when you flip that lightswitch it won’t do anything you’ll know you’re dreaming.