Are dreams trying to give us a sign? or just B.S.

Every time I dream it always has some type of de JA vou. When these dreams occur I don’t notice it until later in the day. But I was wondering do our dreams try to help us or give us some type of sign of what to do or not to do. Or is it just our imagination running itself and mixing up pure emotions. Do these dreams help us progress IRL and help us face our fears? Or is it just an escape from reality and for you to enjoy yourself at your own personal possible way. This post is mainly focusing on: when dreams occur are they trying to give us a complex message we dont understand b/c it is so cloudy or does our mind just tunes itself to our own personal failures and goals and create confusion all in one. Just a thought i havent seen answered. :roll:

It’s 50/50 I think :smile:

Sometimes it’s something interesting and factual, other times it’s just pleasure. But just as a poem, a dream can be interpreted in many ways. Because, if it’s in your head, then it must come from somewhere within your head :razz:

Certainly, i think that they can give us useful information, but i don’t know how intentional it is and if our brain is trying to help us or if it helps us unknowingly. Eitherway it is good. But if it does know it is helping us i wonder if you could increase the amount that it helps us by (i don’t know how) and then we could learn a lot and help ourselves a lot.

So dreams are made for our own entertainment value while, we take a break from the regular world?

Not only that it entertains us, but sometimes we seek change or some type of other understanding that most have experiences with there dream. People take the sense that its not a dream, b/c its seems so real and vivid at the point, but after you wake up or sense that you were dreaming, you kinda of feel different. Sometimes you might feel cheated or just fooled, but whats the sense of this teasing? Why do we have this mind altering world that we can create at our very hands? Is there meaning? or just more questions…

Science did some exploring and the most important reason why we dream seems to be our memory…storage of all useful and not so useful info and storing what we learnt and learning processes from daytime.

There’s a few theories on what dreams are:

Skeptics believe that it’s just random brain impulses and basically is… nothing and meaningless.

Another theory suggests what Jeff said, that’s its our brain consuming what we’ve seen/experienced throughout the day.

Then there’s a few others but I can’t remember them and Google isn’t really helping me find em… :razz:

Your senses are receiving Coupious amounts of information all the time, just think about your hearing and seeing. Most of it is already ignored, because your attention will select what information is moved into your short term memory, and from there it is further filtered into your long term memory.
I think you could compare dreaming and sleeping with defragging your hard drive. Like arranging your library and making it easier for your mind to access the earlier memories. If it wasnt for that process I think we would remember a lot less and would be more confused…

That’s called synchronicity or precognition given that chance, memory distortion, and willing association of events are all ruled out. If these phenomena really do exist we are most likely going to see them while dreaming (or meditating deeply I think), often represented symbolically due to our active imagination.

So what i dream last night, is what i can create of today? Thats a werid question. I say that b/c most of the time, I see myself in the situation before it happens. So does this mean are life is pre-determine? and i what i dream is what i see the next day? or just COINCIDENCE?

This is the way I see it:
Even if dreams are only random electrical impulse that our brains have then the symbols that we use to associate to these impulses or “fill in the blanks” still have a lot of meaning. The pictures/images your mind chooses in connection to these feelings are important because they show how your personal mind works and connects things. Even if dreams aren’t intended to be made for personal growth, you can still learn a lot about yourself from them much like you can make a doodle of something and then interperate the images there. Its like an abstract painting or an avant garde play of your mental condition of the time. I als once read somewhere that every image in your dream means three interconected things to you if you analyze it. Sometimes I try to analyze my dreams and come up with nothing but sometimes I see my exact feeling about something portrayed when I take a close look.

Hey Jeff, did read this:
slagt.net/ld4all/viewtopic.php?t=1605

Quite an interesting viewpoint… :smile: