self hypnosis to become and stay lucid

I don’t use self hypnosis to stay lucid, but to become so. I use it as kind of a relaxation method. It works wonders for me and a few times it even happened that I had a WILD out of self hypnosis.

This is a split topic. It was created from the replies in: “WILD’s worst enemies” in the “Quest for Lucidity” forum.

Nice Raven24…

Good to hear i am not the only one out here who uses selfhypnosis…hmm i use it to control the sleep stage to…yes for wild I use a mix from meditation and self hypnosis…
So i know how good this works for a wild.
Nice to hear!

:happy: Thx Raven24

Now Jeff, what exactly do you do to self-hypnotize yourself?

Hi Raven24,

i better give u a short sum up of my research with selfhypnosis…

Many years back i did kung fu and we learnt a standing meditation tech…
Then i thought why not do this laying on my bed…more relaxation so deeper meditation…well my first wilds came out of this…
At the same time i started to read about hypnosis and self hypnosis and i discovered that a person’s eeg in a hypnotised stadium is much a like a persons eeg in rem sleep…so i thought why not try self hypnosis in my next ld…
I tried and i was right! What took normally really some time…now i entered in 3 to 5 sec a deep trance state…so indeed dreaming and hypnosis are like brother and sister…both levels of consciousness of pure association…
What i do in a ld is very simple…i got 3 main basic technics…

1. let your dreambody relax and fall into a trance/sleep stage…i use this one to stay enter the deep sleep stage and stay lucid…also to prolong dreamtime…i lay on the ground or on bed 4 this in a dream or sit in a chair…then i just give myself simple suggestions (for deep relaxation of a chosen dreambody part) and work from my hands then my arms then my legs and then end with just say sleep sleep sleep…but stay focused of course…what i really do is mix meditation breathing and awareness with selfhypnosis i call this trance meditation…
  2. Another nice form is to look at one point and just say sleep sleep sleep because of my trance experience thats enough 4 me in a ld to get me into a hypnotic trance…i then can prolong my dream time and also can open a window were i give my subconsciousness the order to fill that one in it self and i just observe…is fun to…or i create anything i like in a dream.
  3. is a very basic simple tech to get in a alpha trance…i have the theory that alpha waves work as a buffer between beta (waking) and theta (dreaming stage)…so alpha can block u from waking up…so beta cant get to dominant…because i found out that beta and theta waves always fight eachother 4 dominance (also in meditation)…Alpha is here the buffer so beta cant be dominant or to dominant and u prolong your rem sleep…
    Its very simple i just relax my neck mucles and let my head swing (pendule) slowly from the left to the right shoulder so each time myonly the left or right neck muscle do contract…and those are connected to the left and right hemisphere…i say then at the same time sleep sleep sleep to myself over and over again. At the middle position my head bows a bit to the ground…but pure straight is also ok…u can do it with eyes open or closed…
    Of course it helps a lot i know the feeling of trance so i can use my memories assiciation power here to.

Well thats it in a very short sum up…
I have also done some selhypnosis in a ld and checked what ppl call chacras…nerve spots were breathing and nerves come to gether…the spot between the eyebrows and plexus solaris were the only ones that really worked…

Greetings,

Jeff

Oh Raven24 i forgot (lol) to say this…

when u start selfhypnosis suggestions on all your dream body parts like hands and so on u notice that when u get at the point u deeply relax them your dreambody is desolving and at one point…lol…all gets black and u enter the deep sleep stage…before that level u got a great trance paralysed feeling all over your dreambody…i just love it…

So… you use self-hypnosis to induce better ld’s or do you use ld’s to get better trance?

The bananas have done nothing for me :sad:
Maybe I have to eat more… like eight bananas before sleeping…

…damn the laws…

Both Gov!

self hypnosis for prolonging my lucid dream time and for good trance and for lucid dream control…depends on what goal i have set 4 myself in a ld.

Well the banana gives u a little more trytophan the precursor 4 serotonin…so u should more easely fall a sleep…
But u need vit b6 and magnesium also for making serotonin out of trytophan…magnesium is in real green vegetables…

Well 3 to 4 bananas u need or say 1.5 liter of milk :happy: or both!
But with vit b6 and magnesium if possible…lol well gov i think u do nothing more these days before sleeping then eat :wink:
I buy tryptophan pure… helps a little to get more rem sleep, like melatonin does big time…

I am using b6 vitamin… but how is magnesium selled? In pills? I have a magnesium block on my key chain… in case I’m trapped on a deserted island, hehe.

So 3 bananas and a liter of milk before bed… will it work?
And if so… when should I consume it? 1 hour before bed?

I have magnesium in tablets…not magnesiumoxide but magnesium citrate its really good absorbed by the body.

Well Gov, the bananas and milk will provide u with enough tryptophan so u should fall a sleep easy or normal…melatonin is made from serotonin…But in any case it should help a bit for a good sleep so thats a base 4 getting more rem also…at the end of the night.
And it should make wild a bit easier 4 u…
Yes an hour before bedtime is fine! Maybe st johns worth herb could help also 4 a wild…works as a serotonin inhibitter so u get more effect from the serotonin u have in your brain…so a wild would be easier!
Dont know if that is also banned from iceland however?

Well because this topic is about selfhypnosis maybe I should write my experiences with selfhypnosis related to meditation,wild and lucid dreams here…

:user:

St. Johns Worth herb. Hmmm…
I’ve never heard of it, does it go by any other names? And is it perhaps in some products if I fail to find it pure??

Hmm… Melatonin is made from Seratonin and Melatonin is more powerful, right?
Heroin is made from Morphine and Heroin is stronger.

Is that always how it goes?? Or is it just an extract?

…you should write something about that Jeff, can’t wait to read it :wow:

Serotonin is a neurotransmitter…melatonin is a sleep hormone from the
pineal gland…melatonin is made from serotonin…but mm its not like heroin and morphine
They have both different but related functions in the brain…

How is your spider gov…stil lucid? :happy: