I finally made it!(or at least I think I did...) lengthy...

A warm Hello to everyone here!

I have finally decided to de-activate the lurk modus and participate in a few of your VERY interesting discussions, and (perhaps later on i.e. in a few months or perhaps years?) try to assist newbies such as me when it comes to learning lucid dreaming.
First of all I have to say that I am neither an avid nor an seasoned dreamer - I had my first lucid dream about 5 years ago after I heard about lucid dreaming. What can I say? From that time I was hooked, but I never could bring up the effort, self-discipline and persistence to bring home some results, so I tried now and again for a few weeks at the most to become a lucid dreamer.
But about 5 weeks ago I became extremely interested in the topic of lucid dreaming again (don’t ask me why - I cannot quite remember what it was that re-awakened my interest). Since then I have started to follow the exercises laid out in Laberge’s “A Course in Lucid Dreaming” (no advertising intended here - just mentioning a fact). This morning I finally had a dream which I would give the rating ‘low level lucidity’ - problem at times was that I wasn’t too sure if I was dreaming having a lucid dream or really having one; but then again at some points I was quite certain that I was lucid…
I was so excited this morning that I had to tell someone - so I tried to describe the experience to a colleague of mine…well she listened and said that she understood but somehow I could not get rid off the feeling that she really just could not comprehend what I was talking about…
Well, here is the dream (short version):
I am back in my old room in my mother’s house. I am sitting behind my old desk and I am looking at a business card (which I use in ‘real’ life for the reflection-intention exercise mentioned in EWLD) and start wondering why the letters start to change. So I turn around and see my dermatologist standing next to me. I hand her the card and ask her if she doesn’t think that it’s funny that the letters keep changing and vanishing. She takes the card, looks at it and only goes ‘Mmmhhh’. So I take the card back and become aware of the fact that I am dreaming (more or less). Suddenly I am in town and I walk around and do some more reading checks on some of the signs I see. I decide to fly and fly through a wall wondering about where it will take me next…it gets dark and I am back in my mum’s house. I’m standing in the kitchen and as I turn around I see a character from the tv-series ‘Coupling’ standing in the doorway and grinning. I ask him if he could help me to find my ‘spiritual leader’. He looks at me and I think that he probably hasn’t understood me or what I exactly wanted - so I try to describe what I am looking for. As we approach the window so that we can go to find my ‘higher teacher’ (or whatever) my Mum enters the room and starts talking. At this point I just don’t want to hear what she has to say and try to imagine a wall of glass to separate us - it doesn’t work but the character and I fly out the window. He leads me to some kind of old well or fountain which is surrounded by old, dried up and withered plants (light brown). I see the statues of two angels (male and female) and a kind of seat. The character is gone and the person on the set turns around. It is an elderly woman (perhaps mid-50 or 60) who looks absolutely ordinary. (Don’t ask me what I expected but I was a little bit disappointed - I guess I expected something more spectacular :wink: )But I thought something like “Well, you asked for it, accept it the way it is…” so I sat down to talk to her and she gave some advice which I absolutely cannot remember (pity…).
Thanks for having the patience to read this. Any comments or ideas are welcome…Although I am tempted to ask ‘Am I close?’ :wink:
Nice dreams to everyone…

morpheus

Just a thought on the “im a lucid or dreaming im lucid?” Couldn’t you try to kinda break throgh the walls of dreaming ( dont worry, im confused too…) like just realize ur dreaming and know that in REAL REAL life you are in your bed? Just a thought…
PS Im a newbie too, kinda. I’ve been on this fourm before and visit it frequently, but haven’t had much luck with lucid dreaming ( you can look them up if you have any help, jus look at my profile and then look at all my posts…)

“Welcome to the real world…” :wink: (I should stop watching the Matrix :grin: )
Thanks for your suggestion but I have tried this ‘grounding your awareness in your room’ method a few times but didn’t get very far. I suppose that it has got to do (in my case that is) with the your basic level of awareness or talent of becoming aware: at the moment I am working on my awareness throughout the day but unfortunately most of the time I am a little ‘zoned out’ and only recognize a few minutes later that I have been daydreaming/wasn’t paying attention…
But this paying attention thing has really given me headaches (physical that is) the last few days because I have to concentrate really hard…(you know: asking myself “am I dreaming? Is this a dream?” and then trying to imagine that I am dreaming…)
Have you been successful at inducing a LD with one method in particular?

Best,
Morpheus