if you could solve mathematical problems
during your dreams. Not anything i couldn’t
do while I’m awake but problems i would spent
two or more hours for solving. I’m studying
mathematics and this would mean i could work
while i’m asleep :smile:

thnx in advance
sati2

Yes you could. I don’t know if you would sovle them any quicker in dreams but it could save time. You could try asking a dream character that looks like your teacher how to do the problem.

Simple math is one way to keep yourself lucid… I found that out here on this site and have employed this method in my dreams (3+8=11, etc.) Now, I read about a dream that I thought was cool on another forum and it went something like this (well I just went to find it and did a cut and paste, THESE ARE NOT MY WORDS):

(SOME PERSON) was some sort of railroad wizard…he had figured out how to run on railroad tracks at lightning speed using a complicated set of paper markers with thousands of numbers on them…you had to grab the paper as you ran by, and you had to make sure to grab the right one, and then interpet the numbers in order to grab the next piece of paper. (THE SAME PERSON) was teaching the magic to me, but I could tell I was always very close to grabbing the wrong paper, interpreting the paper wrong, and thus having a train catch up with me and run me over.

Anyways, I saw this on another forum, like I said, and I thought that was a neat dream, and goes along with your question about solving math problems. I have done calculus in my dreams (sometimes you dream about the only thing you did all day, right? hehe I am so glad to be done with that stuff…) and from what I remember I actually did make a breakthrough in my studies WHILE ASLEEP!

Yes i do have atleast as good math skillz as when im awake when having a Lucid Dream.

[colro=green]
Very interesting point. The Tibetian Buddist, and the dzogchen used dreams to perfect things and learn new teachings. I wouldnt see why solving problems in your sleep wouldnt work.
It would be a little to work at though. You would need to get used to seeing the numbers.
Then just like an internal art (martial art) you would need to do problems until they could be done without thinking.
Cool idea!
I dont think that that would be the end of it, anybody else tried this before? Or done something similar?
[/color]

A friend of mine theorizes that the mis-representation of the number of fingers on each hand within a dream has to do more with a lack (apparently, not complete, however) of mathematical faculties while sleeping than with symbolic body-image representations.