Star Trek Voyager

Hey everyone. Did any of you used to watch StarTrek Voyager? I really loved that show, I mean really loved it. Im not a trekkie or anything, like I dont like any of the other series, and I dont know that technical jargin or anything, but I really liked Voyager. It wasnt the normal star trek series, it had so much more depth to it. Does anyone here share this sentimet? I just thought it would be cool to talk to you people about it. It was the best show I have ever seen, too bad its over :frowning:

That my opinion exactly.

I don’t really watch any other Star Trek, and I certainly don’t enjoy the original series or movies. There just seems to be something more exciting about Voyager. I guess it has the right characters or something, plus a far more localized setting. Look at Deep Space 9, or even TNG and you’ll see millions of characters, thousands of different settings and strange inter-species relationships all over the place.

I can’t produce any real explination for it, but I certainly do agree with you.

I really really hated voyager… But Star trek the next generation was damn cool. I think this was the best Star Trek show ever.

The one and only SciFi serie is Babylon 5!

Star Trek is too naive and has too little action and plots are boring. Only thing cool in Star Trek ever was Leonard Nemoy and his pointy ears. Might still be that i have missed the best Star Trek serie, but so far they all seemed somewhat lame adventures of space boyscouts who ponder moral questions and just cruise around.

Are you kidding? Voyager is far away from beeing a ‘real’ Star Trek series…

-the dialogues are boring…they always end with "Captain, there is a interspatial distortion in the subspace!

-the characters are…annoying! Take Nelix for example…

-Voyager “destroyed” a lot of races. In TNG, the Borg were a serious thread to the federation. In Voyager it’s “Re-modulate the phaserbanks and reconfigurate the shields…tiptiptip…READY CAPTAIN”

-The storylines are boring and repetitive…there is always an “enemy” and big fights

Yes, I’m a big Star Trek Fan, but I really hate Voyager. It’s superficial and boring…not to say annoying…“Real” Star Trek is about Characters, realism and dialogues not about dumb spacefights. There is also no real developement in the whole plott…HORRIBLE!

BUT I really like the doctor, for his fine sense of humor :wink:

“Star Trek Realism”? Are you people insane?

The orignal Strek Trek is unwatchable, by my standards. I simply am not convinced that a Starship cruising through space would be packed with old green-and-black Apple IIe computers running everything. Look at the consoles on the walls - how could that possibly be the future?

When I look at the original series, I see a space ship somehow able to travel throught space - yet designed and built in the 70s.

I have to admit, I too watched Voyager. TNG wasn’t that bad either. I like sci-fi so I can’t help it.

I couldn’t stand the fact that there wasn’t any progression in it, ending and starting off the same every time.

Actually Pilot, that’s one of the reasons that it appealed to me. It’s not like Deep Space 9, where if you miss one you had absolutely NO idea what was happening all of a sudden.

In Voyager, each of the episodes were all basically independant of each other. Of course, it did progress to a small extent - with the addition of new characters being the most important changes.

Now just to bridge the gap between this thread and the rest of the forum:

At least 4 episodes of ST: Voyager have been about dreams. In one example, the entire crew were all walking around in a false world, which later turned out to be shared dream induced by some alien phenomenon. In another, the crew were vividly hallucinating for a while before it was discovered that some alien had made it impossible for them to enter REM sleep.

None of this time travel crap that’s happened at least twice in TNG :wink:

I fell in love with this series because… Seven of Nine’s dreams are shown, dream based shows are shown, etc. :happy:

I just love them!

Oh I do remember it now! I even recorded it onto VHS. its the episode os star trek where everyone starts falling asleep and unable to wake up. the doctor noticies everyone’s brainwaves are the same and that they are all in REM sleep. Chakotay, being of some native american tribe decent, says he knows of a way to become concious in the dream and aware that he is dreaming. He used the world “lucid dream”, and the word was used many other times in this episode!!! He trains himself that if there is a dream he will see earth’s moon somewhere, and then he would gain lucidity. to wake up he simply has to tap his hand 3 times.often though, he would do the hand thingy, but then HAVE a false AWAKening!!! Im really happy that the writers talked abuot this.

Ahh, yes. Seven of nine, how i miss her. She was the best character of all, along with captain janeway. That show was like, for me, one that you become attached to, where when you watch it you are completely absorbed into it. It was just sooooo good. I’m really sad that they cancelled it after those good 7 years, but I can always watch reruns at 4 in the morning! lol.

This was one of those shows, where like I just started watching it, and a few years later they cancel it. Another show like that was something called “Mysterious Ways.” It was sooo good, and yet they cancelled it! did any of you watch that show?

Hmmm… Startrek…

Every time I have the change I watch Buff the Vampire Slayer on TV
Very comic-book alike series.

Yeah yeah, I know, bad special effects, sometimes bad storylines etc etc.
But - so what - I like it :smile:

Anyway, Buffy has been in my dreams many, many times.

i am a fan of voyager. Also TNG and DS9 and the new enterprise but not as much as the others. As for the original series, i am a little too young to remember any of it being shown on tv.

And ben7 i like mysterious ways as well. I think its supposed to be airing the 2nd season or thereabouts on CH10 (Australian TV channel) these holidays!

Yes, seven of nice…uhm nine.

just to stay on topic here- i like the docter. hes cool

The episode where Chakotay was lucid dreaming to try to save the crew who had all fallen asleep 'cause of those aliens is what lead me to lucid dreaming.
As far as Star Trek goes I like most of the movies and all of the series. DS9 and TNG would be my favs.

Just bringing this topic back to the top…