Trying Too Hard?

It seems as though I’ve had more LDs before I started this conscience journey, than I have now. Before, when I didn’t know what they were and therefore just thought of them as very cool dreams. I have probably experienced at least 9 or 10.
Granted that the previous period of time is a lot longer than what I have been practicing for (for 6 months), but don’t you think that more progress would be made during the time of reality checks, dreamsigns, the spinning technique, etc.? I’ve had 1 “partial” LD during this time.

Yesterday, I decided to invert all my tactics. First, I decided that I would go through the day without doing any RCs or anything related to LD. Out of laziness or pure inspirational genius this came… we shall never know, but I continued the day acting almost as if i didn’t care whether or not i recieved an LD that night.

As night approached, i decided to myself that it would “be nice” to have an LD, but i do not “need” one. Almost as if i was tricking myself into beliveing that they aren’t important and i don’t care about them… Its hard to explain, but IT WORKED.

I went to bed, doing my usual routine (exempting all LD inducing techniques), but instead just rested my mind and thought of how my day went. I had two LDs in one night. What has happened here? I was extatic (and still am) at the coolness of those dreams, and from now on I think i’ll try not to ensue my predisposition in all these new-fangled techniques, and try it the ol’-fashioned way. Sleeping with thoughts… sleeping while awake. Just having LDs instead of trying to create them. Its hard to explain… but i’m just glad i found a way.

I apologize for the long and uninteresting post, but i had to get that out. Thanks for listening.

Good nights eternally, and
peace

PS- Mint based products (especially mint tea) do seem to help me with dream recall. I encourage you to try it before you go to bed or nap.

Yes, I agree with you completely. I have found this techquie about a few years ago… maybe more. I’m a long time avid LDer. :smile: Congrats by the way!

:partying_face: :beer: :bounce: :rofl:

Welcome Helixxx,
and your post is certainly interesting enough to read!

:happy: Helixxx go for the fun…and do it your cool way!

greetz,

jeff

Haha. :grin: Thanks for the support.
Geez… why didn’t you tell me sooner!!!

I’ve heard someone on here say LDing is only as hard as you make it

Make sure this doesn’t evolve into a method. Then we’ll all try it and complain why it doesn’t work. :grin:

Well ahem I just have found this forum and www.ld4all.com site two days ago. And I didn’t know that you wanted to know that method. :happy: If I just tell this method to everyone… they will be so skeptic. I’m telling ya! And it’s much better when you find out about it for yourself. :cheesy: :angel_fly:

Very good point helixxx!

I’ve been doing that for two days now. No trying for LD’s, but just go with the flow. Of course I still write down my dreams if I wake up after a REM period.

I’m a bit of a control freak. I guess LDing - just to be in control - would not be the right motivation. Could be even work as a blocking factor. SO I decided to chill for a week or two.

Let’s see what happens… :smile: