Fasting??

Does anyone know if fasting for a little while helps??
Maybe clean out the system a little??

It would help the mind and spirit, so why not?

I haven’t tried it at least for this purpose.

Give it a try and let us know how it turns out. Meanwhile, I’ll be eating. :wink:

Seriously though, it might work. Just do a RC whenever you’re eating b/c you’ll probably be dreaming of food. :happy:

Funny you mention that. I fasted last month for about 48 hours. I didn’t notice it affecting my dreams, but I’m sure it did somehow. :wink:

At the time I did it for health reasons and not with intentions of affecting my dreams.

I suggest people learn more about fasting before trying. It can really weaken you during, but you’ll feel better afterwards.

I think it can help, since talked to someone who has some experience with it, and she said that her dreams were vivid while fasting.
Also, one time I was on holidays with a group, and they weren´t really prepared for cooking vegetarian food, so basically I lived for ten days on fruits, bred and some side dishes (a little rice or sth like that).Perhaps not very healthy, but I drank a lot.About 1,5l of juice and another 3l of water each day (it was in spain, very hot).
I feeled that it changed my perception while awake, it was suddenly VERY easy to do lucid living.I also had quite vivid dreams, no lucids though.

I don´t know if this was only cause of my “diet”, or influenced by other factors as well (there were some other “unusual” things, like being outside all the time and talking to turkish people all day).However, I am sure that the changed perception/LL was caused by it.

Traumgänger

sage: Maybe this is because we spend too much time thinking about food each da

Hmm, no, actually I wasn´t hungry.I got used to eat like this within only one day or something.When I came back to germany,I ate a bigger meal and was stuffed very fast, but I also got used to my “old way of eating” very fast.Surprisingly, not only that I didn´t feel hungry (which is normal afaik) but I also didn´t feel like I missed something (eg an urge to eat sweets, or a pizza or something)

Traumgänger

I did it for 3 days once, did not notice any effect on dreams

cant even recall dreaming of food

If you look at my last post, somehow it is Traumganger’s post and mine combined? I didn’t write that stuff at the end?! :bored:

no i couldnt try that i cant even go without eating for more than two hours
i got ill once and didn’t eat for a whole day because i wasn’t hungry but i was ill so… oh well i have no advice.

I don´t know if this was only cause of my “diet”, or influenced by other factors as well (there were some other “unusual” things, like being outside all the time and talking to turkish people all day).However, I am sure that the changed perception/LL was caused by it.

Traumgänger

hey stop posessing our posts Traumganger

hmm this is weird

Fasting does indeed affect your body and the way you function. I have fasted 48 hours one time and my dreams were amazing. I got some inspirations from that so I can see why fasting can be used as a spiritual thing to do.

When you fast, your body get a chance to clean out toxins, leftovers, etc. and you get tired. Your body begin to turn to other source of energy (fat source) since you’re not providing your body with food. It is good for you to fast once in a while to give your body a chance to purify itself, but I highly don’t recommend it if you’re ill or your sugar blood isn’t stablized. Fasting can be a risky thing if you aren’t too careful.

I don’t recommend going more than 24 hours of fasting unless you REALLY depersately need it, but otherwise, why not? Go ahead. :smile: It can be very beneficial! :smile:

I can’t say I’ve ever intentionally gone without eating for a couple of days or more, but I don’t think it would actually be that hard. I only eat once a day now as it is (for several reasons) so I might try it at some stage.

I did it more to test myself, had not been a day without food in my entire life… Too my suprise the first day was worst, actually did not feel very hunrgy at all the last day. :smile:

Did you or anyone else get an LD when fasting?

Someone needs to ask David Blaine what his dreams have been like lately. :tongue: