topics when talking to DC...

Hello and a Happy New Year to everybody!

As usual I would like to hear some of your experiences when it comes to talking to dream characters. The thing is that I have been experiencing something which I see as a good sign on the road to lucidity (but nonetheless I’m not quite sure and I could use some encouragement :wink: …). Well, to cut a long story short: in the last of my dreams I always start to talk to dream characters about RL things which are or were on my mind (something I normally don’t do in dreams…I guess). Unfortunately I can’t explain this any better but I hope that most of the people on this board will know what I mean.
I would really appreciate your opinions or stories…thx…

Nice dreams,

Morpheus

With most DC’s I just talk about whatever’s on my mind, and generally talk more openly than in real life, especially with people I don’t really know. I’ve had DCs say “this is just a dream” or something dream related. Conversations with my friends are usually hilarious, although I never remember what we were laughing about. My parents are always nagging and bitching at me, like in real life but multiplied by 100. And it’s constant…over the most trivial things. Another thing I’ve noticed is when I say something serious no one ever takes me seriously, either brushes it off, pays no attention to me, or I’ll just get a blank stare. Anyway I guess I have a wide range of dream characters, but I am starting to notice patterns.

So far, I haven’t been “opening up” to dream characters, I guess. Either I don’t see them, or they don’t listen to me… but I just started getting lucid.

The one time I did make an effort to talk to a DC… well first of all, I realized I’d really like to try eating something in a dream. I asked a random passerby where I could go to get a good slice of pizza.

She said, “sure follow me. This is where all the dream characters like to go eat.” I was like, “cool.” The place smelled great, but I woke up too early to get my eat on.

Ian