Revisiting and still learning to LD

Revisiting this site after several year’s absence. Looks great, and happy to see the still beautiful lucid images.
I am an old female (think “have a cookie.”).
My question is: when you are capable of changing the dialogue or action in your dream because you don’t like the way things are going - why don’t you know you are dreaming…

at a guess i would say it’s because it seems normal. Your unconscious mind reacts to the situation and changes it, but then in the real world (for want of a better word) wouldn’t you do the same thing? if a conversation or event was going somewhere that made you uncomfortable wouldn’t you try and change it then too?

Since you most likely would do the same in the “waking world” why would you mind think or this is a dream, and since most of the rational part of the mind is “sleeping” too the fact that the person you are talking too might actually be a talking wolf would also not be thought of as “wrong”

I have often wondered this. It seems to be some sort of unconscious control. I particularly remember a dream where I was choosing the ending, but at no point was I aware that I was dreaming. I also controlled the amount of pain I was feeling in my knee.

It seems like very low level lucidity, yet without the full awareness of a lucid dream.