I almost became lucid TWICE last night!

I’ve never had a fully lucid dream before, but I have a tendancy to realize my dreams are dreams right before I wake up. I only realize it’s a dream when I’m really scared of something and it’s unsual, unlike what other people have said on here before about only having lucid dreams when it’s a totally normal dream.

Anyway, my dreams. The first one, my family was driving tp somewhere. We took 2 cars with me in one with my dad or my brother driving it. The whole dream was weird because the whole time everything was crazy. We kept driving on the other side of the road and people making weird turns etc. I have a lot of dreams where I’m in a car and something goes wrong due to my fear of crashing.

So we were just driving up and somehow we go onto the wrong side of the road and I’m like “oh man, dad, stop!” We pull to the side on the wrong side of the road, facing the wrong way. We’re on the side but still on the road in traffic. Then this guy in a dark green car just like our real car is right next to us facing the other way (going the RIGHT way) and I think he did a U-turn or something and he was trying to help us. When he was trying to pull up in front of us, he crashed into it pretty hard even though he was going really slow, and right after that I see a semi-truck coming right for us and it turns to the right trying to dodge us and the whole thing falls on us on it’s side. While the truck was coming down on us I thought that it was a dream because I just wanted it to stop. So everything was gone and it was all a very dark brown and I was completely aware that it was a dream. I tried to do stuff because I knew it was a dream, but I couldn’t because, well, I was dead. Or so my mind was telling me. I kept trying to do thing but I couldn’t, so I was slowly waking up. When I did I was really scared because when that truck was coming down to crush us it was like “this is it, death. I will finally see what it’s like.”

So I tried to get my mind off that dream so I wouldn’t have it continue. I tried reading some Calvin And Hobbes, but I was just too tired to read and it wasn’t really helping aynway. So I went into the living room with the TV on because I was so scared to go back to sleep. The TV helped me fall back asleep and so started my next dream…

I was in my house, it was a sunny, summer-like day. I think I was being baby sat by some girl that was around my age. It was just so very peaceful with the warm air and the windows open allowing the gentle breeze to come in. So I opened the doors to our back deck when I felt that it was very warm for the time of year it was. I think it was supposed to be Winter but it was just a kind of warm day. So the girl came to where I was and said “Uh oh, it’s really warm for this time of year. When the warm air mixes with the cold it starts up a storm” or something along those lines.

So the first thing I thought of was Tornado because tornados are one of my biggest fears and I have frequent nightmares about them also. So I went into my kitchen and looked out the window above the sink and saw a tornado rapidly dveloping. I actually THOUGHT about THINKING it was a dream because I wanted it to end with the tornado and all, but I was so scared that I didn’t think about it. Last of the dream that I remember is picking up one of my dogs and heading for the basement.

SO I hade two almost lusicd dreams in one night. I think I’m getting closer :content:

It sounds like cars and tornados would be excellent dreamsigns for you to use if they appear frequently. In my first lucid dream I was hit by a tornado while checking my watch. I landed on my head and when I managed to check the time again 4 hours had passed and the tornado was just sitting in the middle of the road “looking” at me. I was glad the change in time was because it was a dream and not because of brain damage.

Last night I was pretty close to going lucid too. I tapped a DC on the shoulder and when he turned around I screamed in his face “You’re dreaming!” ???And I didn’t go lucid???