Does... Achinacea (or something like that) help?

Today I had this herbal tea thingy, it was Achinacea or something.

It’s in these capsules you can swallow or take as a tea…

it tasted ok… the smell was a bit… odd though :eh:

does it help with lds or what?.. that’d be cool

Actually it’s called Echinacea…

Purple Coneflower simply increases the growth of healthy cultures in the digestive system to strengthen immunity. Taking too much over an extended period of time is unhealthy, but taking it during flu season, for example, is a great idea.

As for helping lucid dreams - well… no. I can’t see how it would have any effect at all.

damn… I wasn’t even close :confused:

Perhaps it’s because you take echinacaea when you have a cold, which means you might be taking cough medicine containing DXM, which might possibly give you interesting dreams…

I wouldn’t try it, though.

:tongue:

I take Echinacea whenever I have a cold and haven’t noticed any influence on lucid dreaming.

Yes, but do you also take other cold medicines? The point is that it’s the other medicines that can be psychoactive, not the coneflower. :smile:

One reason some herbs work to induce lucid dreams is that they effect the seratonin-melatonin cycle, and basically anything that can alter that cycle can effect lucid dreams (in my semi-educated view.) But why do we all rush toward drugs and herbs? The best seratoninergic (thing that causes the body to produce seratonin) that I know of is natural sunlight.

So if you purpose to go OUTSIDE during your luncheon break at work or school, or if you can get off the couch or out from in front of the PlayStation2 for a couple of hours per day and actually get some sun/excersize your chances of getting LD’s W I L L increase.

I dare anyone to get off the herbs/drugs and try this for a week.