Meditation

It seems that many members here practice meditation. Does meditation help with lucid dreaming? If so, how? Are they connected?

Meditation is way to get WILD. Only way I think. In that you relax your body and forget it. Then your subconcius thinks that you are sleeping and starts generating dreams or something like that. Then you fall asleep conciniously(spelling?) and see LD:s

Yes those two are connected and not only by wild…
When your brain uses in rem the cortex that goes by pathways of the thalamus…the connection between your memory and consciousness…
In meditation u learn to use the thalamus consciously…so yes it helps u to stay more easy in contact with your consciousness while in rem!
if u want to know or c what the thalamus is, look at a chart about the brain. Talented meditation ppl have theta waves while in meditation and in rem u got theta waves to…so u learn to integrate slower brainwaves to in meditation…so your consciousness has it again easier to recognise a dream as a dream while sleeping.
Jeff

I meditate zen buddhism style so I wouldnt know about brainwaves, but Ive done some “trance meditation” too, and it seems you can consiously fall to the edge of falling asleep and that helps you in WILDs etc.

By focusing your “third eye” hard, you can have almost the same feeling as in deep meditation.

But I think that deep meditation isn’t so usefull as buddhist meditation, it only lowers your brainwaves as the zen meditation purifys your mind and can eventually lead to enlightenment.

What is enlightenment suppose to be ??

Constantly being aware every moment?
      Becoming who you are suppose to be?
      Being one with all ?? 

Just wondering

Well you should know it :wink:

But what I’ve heard, enlightenment is a moment in meditation where you realize that your mind is clear and pure, no single thought comes to your mind if you don’t want to, Im not totally sure how it goes, but this is supposed to stay and your you would live with it by realizing things in a new way or something.
Another “enlightenment” is supposed to be that you realize by yourself, not told by someone, that this all is an illusion etc.