Sleep Position

Does sleep position affect whether you get Lucid or not? I usually sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees.

Iv’e found that different sleeping positions can affect my dream recall.
If I sleep on my back (which I rarely do) I find I remember no dreams, on my side I remember them slightly, and on my stomach I remember them more greatly. But I think you should always sleep in what is most comfortable, probobly the best thing for it.

Whether you get lucid? I felt vibrations when sleeping on my side (pillow between knees too) and on my back, both strong and weak on separate occasions. I can’t conclude anything about the vividness and length of the LD. I’ve noticed after waking that I’m on my back even though I go to sleep on my side, so I guess whatever is most comfortable gets best sleep.

i find i remember dreams (as i am dreaming) when laying on my back. I always have more vivid dreams on my back. But i always sleep on my stomach.

everynight i goto sleep laying down, it’s more comfy for me. But i always work my way onto my back during sleep be4 i dream.

i find laying face down helps as if i get the right possition i can hear the my pulse beating in my ear and it is very hypnotic and helps me relax.

i usually sleep on my back, hands on my sides or on top of my stomach and sometimes i sleep on my side, too.(…and i have the pillow under my head… :grin: …). i hadn’t notice any difference with my recall or anything… but i just can’t sleep on my stomach! it feels that i’m not able to breath and my hands kind of hurt…

Maybe it doesnt matter how you start off your sleep, most of our dreams we remember end up on our back. Every time I wake up I end up on my back even though I sleep on my side.

I read about this a while ago on the Internet and luckily remembered the site, so here’s the link to the page. Pretty interesting…

lucidity.com/NL42.1001Nights.html

Check this:
9. BIOLOGICAL RHYTHMS, THE NASAL CYCLE & DREAMS

I sleep on my side. Curled up with one arm under my pillow and the other one snuggled under my chin. I can’t fall asleep flat on my back or on my stomach but I find I wake up in any position but usually still exactly as I had been when I had fallen asleep.

One time I had to share a bed with 2 other people. I was on the outside and the person in the middle was awake the whole night. She noticed that I fell asleep and didn’t move a muscle all night!

I guess that has nothing to do with the topic really.

:eek: