The Importance of Dreamsigns

Again, with minimal thought for it, I fell asleep with little to no focus on LDing (I was so exhausted…). Soon I was in a dream where I was with some people exploring some strange mansion, when I happened upon a guitar. Playing it randomly, it sounded awful, and I remembered that when I was playing guitar earlier that night (awake), I pledged that if I found a guitar in an LD I would pluck the strings randomly and sound like Jimi Hendrix. Then, suddenly, it all clicked together: “I’M DREAMING!”, I shouted. But the shock of it all and the reaction that I had killled the dream instantly; yet again I saw the familiar blackness of my eyelids and felt my bed. No FA, just real live awakeness.

Dreamsigns are indeed important, yet I have not been keeping a dream journal and track of dreamsigns at all…it’s a shame, and probably limiting my number of LD’s, but I’m lazy :cool: .

Can any attest to the benefit of dreamsigns?

The use of Dreamsigns account for like 80% of my LDs … another way to phrase it, is just calling it a DILD, in which you become lucid during the dream by way of some sort of sign or signal.

The simplest dreamsign for me (that sometimes I unfortunately overlook) is when you have a sense that something is a bit off, and just feel like it’s a dream… and say to yourself, “Hey this is a dream!” If you ever catch yourself saying that, you’re dreaming, cause noone even thinks about saying that in RL! A personal DS for me that I have listed in my dream journal is when I can’t run fast or move fast, kinda like I’m in water. Every time that happens in a dream I recognize it right away and go lucid.

I’ve been trying several WILD methods, but I haven’t gotten them to really work for me… I think I’ve only had one MILD where I fell asleep with the intent to have an LD and just knew I was dreaming for no particular reason. Basically, if it weren’t for dreamsigns, I wouldn’t be having many LDs at all. :wink:

I know that there are dreamsigns, I just can’t seem to FIND them among all my dreams…only one constantly recurring theme (and it is a rare one), no constantly recurring objects, etc.

I know of one theme, where I’m leading some sort of expedition against some enemy, that’s it. Oh, and one more…my dreams sometimes take on the shape of videogames, and I can feel myself controlling myself from a mouse/keyboard…weird. (and neither of these happen EVERY night)

Aside from sometimes-recurring locales, I can’t seem to find these dreamsigns! Any advice for me, PLEASE? I’ll consult the Sacred Bible of LDing (EWLD) tonight for guidance, but please aid me.