Eyes popping out

Hi all,

Does anyone feel the sensation that their eyes are sort of popping out when going to sleep, either natural or induced? I’m not sure if its that or if they straining, as they go cross eyed under my eyelids so they are both looking where my nose is. I’ve found that for me, it seems to speed up the process of falling asleep. I usually see vague images when this happens aswell.

I was taking a nap earlier when I decided to try it again, and I had a strange sensation of conciously falling asleep. I could hear voices and music as if I was actually listening to them, and not if they were in my mind, but if I concentrated on them for more than a second, they would go away and I go back to the start where I would realise that I was on my bed trying to fall asleep, and there would be silence. This was also accompanied by vague images.

Was this similar to WILD where I was actually conciously falling asleep? I’m not sure why the eye thing played a part- perhaps it was just something for me to concentrate on so that my mind didn’t wander into useless thoughts of the day which slow me down from falling asleep.

-LAJ

Yeah if they go cross eyed under your eyelid that could very be the reason yeah they felt like pop out.
What you tell is like a sp light level…but can easely be a light wild to.
So do it several times and watch how good it go’s and tell us here plz :smile:
What made you stop? That is the really important question here!

Jeff

I didn’t :smile: It was sort of like I was trying to jump over a wall stopping me from getting into the lucid world- I kept running at it, but couldn’t quite get over it, so I would try again. As I said, whenever I concentrated on the images or the sounds I heard, they faded away, so I did my best to try and keep a balance between observing them, but not so much as to let them fade.

Everything went blank and I awoke about half an hour later. I can’t remember what I dreamnt, as my recall isn’t that sharp at the moment. I’m going to start my dream journal again. I think I went asleep after that as well.

I’ll continue using the technique to see if it takes me anywhere. I have used it in the past with good effects. It feels like I’m travelling very fast when I try it, so sometimes I imagine I’m travelling down a tunnel which feels quite exciting :smile:

-LAJ

I know about the eye crossing part. For some reason when you cross your eyes it makes your body feel all fuzzy and wierd. To me it feels like if you keep em crossed that you can go straight and WILD. But you can’t cross your eyes for very long cause they hurt. But if you could get this feeling from doing something else for a period of non stop, I think you could so easy WILD. Cause it automatically puts your body in the deep feeling you need. Also if you roll your eyes back like into your head I think you can get the feeling also. And they don’t hurt as much. But nothing like crossing your eyes. But if you try it, you can’t just cross your eyes, you have to close your eyes and cross them like your looking at your nose the whole time. I think it makes you light headed or something. I dunno :smile:

yar :smile: What actually makes it hurt? Is it stretching a tendon or something? If it were something to do with muscles then you could perhaps stretch them so that it wouldn’t hurt as much, though I don’t know what effect this would have on your vision (shouldn’t be anything).

If you cross your eyes too far they hurt, but I usually cross them slightly, and then cross them more until they start hurting, then I have my optimum level :smile:

:smile: I will try and see what happens lol!

Jeff

I’ve strained my eyes a bit once with that ‘third eye method’ and I could see properly anymore, every time I looked up and down my eyes would be a bit behind, very nauseating. It happened another time while meditating and it happened while looking left and right. Goes away after a night’s sleep but not very pleasant.
Take care