an experiment

Hi everybody! I’m posting here because I’m puzzled about one of my experiences. Most of my lucid dreams have just been playful. Over the last six months or so, I’ve been interested in other spiritual stuff like astral projections. Therefore, I’ve value my dream life and take it more seriously. …I’d like to ask you guys to do this experiment in a lucid dream to confirm something. Anytime during the dream, be completely still. As you look around at your surroundings, ask ‘What is real?’. In my latest LD, I remembered that I wanted to become still and observe everything. I knew that certain things might change their apearances. I was flying around in a beautiful desert scene. I think it was in the evening because there were bright shades of orange and red everywhere. I was about to lay down in the desert, then I found a small cafe. I decided to rest on one of their couches. I was very lucid. I looked up at the ceiling in this cafe. There was a fan waaaay up there and reality seemed to flicker. I asked…‘What is real?’. I surprised myself when I heard the words. It sounded electronic. Then the scene changed (as if I was looking at a movie screen). What I saw completely puzzled me, and still does. So, is any one willing to try this? Please?!

Now I am also curious what will happen.But might be that you got to wait some months until I am able to post my results :sad:

Traumgänger

A few months isn’t long. Please keep it in mind, and let me know what happens when you try it. I will probably let you guys know what I experienced in a little while. It was really cool. I might try it again to see if the same thing happens. I wonder if I was looking at an astral screen. hmmm…

Wow, sounds really cool. DO u have LD’s often.

Next time i have an LD i will try that for sure.

I wonder what happens…

What a trip!

When you said…“What is real?” did it sound like you had talked into the back of a desk fan…you know…as your voice is projected through the moving blades as they spin it sounds very weird and almost electronic…try it and see!

me, I think I’m not getting something here. What was it about the dream that was so weird and that you want to try again?

That’s funny! It was kinda like I was talking into a fan,but not that extreme. I guess this experiment would be for everyone who believes that dreams can be real. I’ve been learning about the astral dimensions recently. I know that we can easily turn a dream into a projection. That’s my drive for doing things like this in my dreams. I can go on and on about what I beleive to be true…I just haven’t experienced much of it yet! So, the reason why I’m holding back what I’ve experienced (when I asked: ‘what is real?’) is, I’m hoping it’ll get a few of you curious. I want you to discover reality in your dreams. What I mean by ‘real’ is, existing somewhere external of yourself…I know this might be confusing to most of you, or perhaps you think that dreams only exist in the mind. That’s ok. Let me know what you think.

Wow! :wow:
NOW! I’m going back to bed in half hour and I am going to have my first full-on LD…Hehee!

Nothing like wishful thinking is there!

I will remember to ask myself “What is real?”.
You have certaintly sparked my curiosity now.
:mmm:

It is indeed interesting.Im going to try it myself.But i have little doubts about how convincing can results be?In any way?
Every sceptic will say “yes,they said this and that is real cuz its what u deply believed in” or so.

me, from what I understand and read, the dream dimension really is just that, an internal dimension. WILD is a dream-projection, and it isn’t too far from the many outer ‘dream’ realms. Some people report shadow memories of AP, RTP, and dreams all in one and that has to do with mind-split effect.

I just wish I had some experience myself. Well good luck with what it is you’re trying!

Hi people! Jack, you’re absolutely right, that this kind of thing is hard to prove. It may be impossible. I think that if a small group of people participate in the same excersize, we could have good results, if the group experiences the same or similar things. …Pilot, it seems that you have a little knowledge about projections. I think I recall that Jack is knowledgable too. Any type of projection would produce a mind split effect. That’s because your etheric body stays inside the physical at all times. Your double (a copy of the etheric body) is the one that leaves the body. You would be in both places at the same time. So, in a way, I am kinda confused about what actually happens when you go into astral worlds from a dream. I’ve tried to research this, but I can’t find much info. I’m just relating it to Robert Monroe’s focus levels and a concept called remote viewing. Sorry, I could go on and on!