Booyah! Just had an OBE!

Mods, don’t move this to another forum, it has to do with LDing (sort of :mrgreen_hat:) .

Ok, just about 2 minutes ago I had an OBE. How did I do it? The Suneye method! Second time I ever really tried it. The night before last night I tried it trying to have an LD but it didn’t happen. I tried it again today/last night with success, but not the way I was intending.

If you’ve never heard of the Suneye method here is what I did: I normaly went to sleep last night, set my alarm to wake me up at 5:55 but my dog woke me up before it around 5:10. I was mad but thought, “Well, since I’m up already I might as well do it. I’ll have more time to sleep this way, too.” What I didn’t realize is that I hadn’t set my alarm to the right thing for it to go off, so my dog actually helped me here! I stayed up about half an hour longer than the method suggested (1 hour) at first just reading a treasury book of The Family Circus cartoon (don’t know who here knows what that is) and then went to reading LaBerge’s Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming to keep my mind on lucid dreaming whenever I fall asleep. I included the last thing I know to do with this method and that was self-hypnotic suggestions. I just rolled up my eyes to my third eye/chakra whatever, and repeated over and over, “Today is the day I will have a lucid dream.” I don’t know if this really helped or not but it probably did. I really felt like I wasn’t gonna sleep, I felt too concious to dream now and I thought I would be awake the whole time.

I’m not realizing, at first, that I’m seeing stuff after being still trying to sleep for a little bit. Then I become concious and I see that I am looking at the The Family Circus book I was reading earlier! I was not totally asleep; I could my body and I was trying to stay in the light dream. I didn’t go through vibrations or sleep paralysis to get to this dream :eh: .
So I’m looking at the book and I try to clear my vision up and I start reading the little comics. I become excited :cool_laugh: I was rapidly reading them very clearly trying to un-blur every blurry word I encountered. I loved reading what the comics said because they could be so bizarre. Only thing I remember is the word “juciest” mixed in with a sentence that just doesn’t make sense. I then tried to move my dream body but felt my real body move a little, so I stopped moving and tried to become more immersed into the dream world. I kept reading the comics until I felt I was enough in the dream. I moved and I knew I wasn’t moving my physical body. I then started to rise :neutral: I’ve turned my potential lucid dream into an OBE. But that’s not bad, not at all, because I remember as I’m going through it that this is what’s supposed to happen. I remember that I can get to a lucid dream from this OBE. Yeah! :cool:

I felt myself rising out of my body and feared it again because of my previous OBE which I think was the first thing I made a post about here :happy:. It felt pretty much the same but definitely not as strong as my last one. This didn’t feel as genuinely real. I was expecting some noise to scare me like the screams I heard last time I had an OBE, but there was nothing. Total silence. It was the strangest thing to just be floating out of your body with no noise; peaceful. I felt parts of me not getting out of my physical body like it was holding them in in. My right foot was one of them but I don’t remember what else.
I then came back, very happy that I had an OBE. I’m not sure why I came back and didn’t keep floating. It wasn’t deliberate. I wanted to sleep again and try to have a lucid dream but decided I was too excited and pumped up to sleep anymore.

If there are people here trying to have OBEs, this is the easiest way, seriously. I wasn’t even trying to have one and I did. Only thing I didn’t like was having to be patient enough to fall into a dream again. And by the way, I also became lucid twice in short dreams I had but awoke out of the dream as soon as I did. I think I’ll keep trying this method :grin: Some guy posted a link to download the Suneye Method .pdf files on here sometime ago so just do a search for “Suneye”, look for it, download it.

Thank you, and good night!

Over and over again I come here and say OBE is an LD. No more, no less.
Why?
Because 90% of my LD’s start like that, I’m feeling like I’m getting away of my body. Floating, sinking or by vibrations are the ways to getting out.
Do you guys (and gals) have any common sense left, or what’s the problem? :content:
But congrats to Tride15 for a great dream. :smile:

Over and over again I come here and say OBE is NOT an LD. :smile:

Perhaps it’s time for another definition? IMHO any dream that involves conscious action is an LD, but a regular LD takes place in a dream reality while an OBE takes place in the REAL WORLD. That, of course is the bone of contention. Is it the real world? I’ve read enough OBEs and NDEs to be convinced that some are in the real world. Also, my own OBE sure seemed like it was in the here and now.

Great Dream Tride15!

Soothsayer, I never said OBEs aren’t just dreams. Although, I read on a post here that some people conducted experiments with OBEs to see if they’re not just dreams. I read there was a woman in the hospital who couldn’t move or something like that, and she could have OBEs somehow so they wrote something on a piece of paper and put it somewhere she couldn’t see it. After she had an OBE she correctly told them what was written on the paper. Something along those lines.

I’m not sure if the experiments described in the post actually took place, but if they did I would believe OBEs to be not just dreams. As of now, though, I think they are dreams like you said.

Tride, congrats on your OBE. You should look into relaxation methods since tense muscles are said to be the primary cause of getting partly stuck.

Soothsayer, the discussion on the reality of OBE is on another topic. You can voice your own opinions there.