How i became lucid

I have only recently become lucid, but during that time i came up with a lot of ways to check if i’m dreaming or not. Here they are:

• When you read something blink and see if its changed, if it has you are dreaming. (This works with books, signs numberplates etc.)
  • Press a light switch if it doesnt work you are dreaming unless the bulb has broke.
  • Try jumping really high, if you jump really high you are dreaming.
  • Try walking through a wall or a mirror. If you walk through it you are dreaming.
  • Look at a clock then blink. If it changes you are dreaming.
  • Look at the sky and tell yourself “There aren’t huge plantes there” then when you dream you will look at the sky and realise there are huge planets there or the sky is full of colours.
  • During the day check your surroundings to make sure they are as they normally are, if they are different you are dreaming.
  • Before you goto sleep close your eyes and visualise yourself dreaming, use the visualisation as you would with a dream. I find by doing this i become lucid when im awake. What i mean is i kind of drift off in the imagery when my eyes are closed then when i see a shop sign it will be different from how it would be in real life. You get the same felling you get when you become lucid, but not as strong.
  • Try to do something like levitasting or flying, if they work you are dreaming.
  • Take a drug, if it feels very different from the way it normally does you are dreaming.

Ther are many other reality tests you could do. I recommend coming up with your own.

www.kingbud.co.uk

Good methods to use… but for me personally, WILD is the best way to have a true lucid dream. I don’t know how to explain the “true” LD, but everything seem to be in full control and more real when you WILD since you fall asleep consciously and can enter a dreamworld consciously as well.

Plus while you’re WILDing, you can meditate in this trance as well! It’s very useful!

yes that are very good techinques, and i do agree with DM7, its not only very efficient, but a totally cool experience. good luck!