Pre Sleep Visuals

ive done this method a few times - but i dont purposely do it - i just think it happens at the point where i’m pretty much ‘ready’ to go to sleep.
Also it happens when i first go to bed, rather than after i wake up.

i was laying in bed visualizing my hands playing light my fire by the doors on guitar (as i had a guitar lesson the next day). And as with other times i have done this, i can hear whats being played - even when i make mistakes. its very strange because its actually like i’m doing it, but without any physical movement.
So as i started to drift into sleep this boys face comes into view ( i always see faces of complete strangers ) and he was bald and he was holding some sort of red chalk on the spot where his third eye should be and drawing over his forehead towards the back of his head. As he did this he said to me “dont worry, i’ll sketch down everything” - it was at this point i got up and wrote it down, it seemed somewhat significant.

I get these presleep visuals reasonably often.
Sometimes i have frightening ones which always involve fire, and they always snap me back into reality in a cold sweat. eg. usually a match being lit, or someone sparking a lighter.

does anyone else have experiences like this?

Yup…i think almost everyone gets them(apart myself-i see only variations of black blurrs).They are called hypnagogics-unfortunately i dont have a time right now to explain it wider,but im sure you`ll find heaps in “search” for that word.
good luck

Hypnogogia

[/url] :cheesy:

thankyou to you both :smile: i appreciate the help and now i know what it is, i can continue to find out about it :smile:

thanks again

In that state of mind… usually when I wake up and go back to sleep… if someone thinks my name I hear it and wake up with a jump. And right before sleep, sometimes I see faces, like white outlines and if I concentrate enough I can change them to whatever I want :smile:

Keep in mind I /am/ partially telepathic :wink:

~Wil

When I close my eyes, I can actually see things clear as day. I can move them around and see them from different angles. I can also hear music in my head like it is being played on a system,when it’s silent around me. It’s kinda weird but cool when I’m really bored or just want to hear a song.

Since I read the article…I have been ultra-aware of my hypnogogic hallucinations (HH).

If I’m putting my head down to rest for 10 minutes, it is just full of weird voices / songs and sounds / mini-dreams / abstract visualisations.

In fact. Daily I attempt to have at least one period when I rest for a period of time just so I can experience this. On the train, at work on my break, or if I’m in a car as a passenger. It works every time and I am now able to have the mini-dreams when I am totally awake.

I know this would be a great lead-in to an LD, but so far I haven’t been that lucky…or maybe because I’m trying too hard. The key to using this as an inducement method has been out of reach for me.

I found that if I try to influence the images or sounds though, they will slip away from me. So at the moment, I’d say that the harder I am trying to concentrate on the HH, the less results I see.

:alien:
I recommend HH for anyone…good stress relief. You will be surprised how vivid and interesting they become the more you are aware of them .

You can do this even when your awake? or only on the edge of sleep?

Ive learned to do this too, just because im musicholic and have i spent my time in school by just playing different songs in my head when nothing else to do. In one dream lately i did remix on one song, played guitars differently on my mind(along with rest of the song), was fun as it played out loud on that dream. I can also sing pretty well in my dreams. :smile:

i actually find it easier to visualize things when my eyes are open, like i need to be able to focus my eyes to visualize something and its godawful hard to focus when im looking at my eyelids. and i always figured everyone could play music in their heads. is this an uncommon thing?

You people just keep on frustrating me!!!hehe,i just wonder why oh why everyones seems so gifted with this stuff but me:(
I only see dark void.If im lucky the void moves a little.Thats it.No pictures,no sounds,not even close.Only way i know to see something under my eyelids is to play computer for 12 hrs straight:)
I envy you,i envy you,i envy you!!:slight_smile:

I do also have a little problem with HH. I can have a lot of them, but as soon as I am aware of them they have a tedency to vanish. I don’t know why but as soon as I get aware that what I am seeing is HH, I just can’t help but to control them unwilled. It’s like if I see a HH and get aware of that it is a HH, my mind get fixed on it and no matter what I do, even if I think about something else my mind tries to control it, and it vanishes. Hard to explan but hope you get the picture :shy:

Umm, I believe that when you have HH, you can get useful advices from HHs. Just like what you did for your music. :smile:

Nothing is impossible, you know!

I get hypnogogic imagry a lot in school when I put put my head down on my desk to rest. The images that I see are very vivid like in a ld but I’m not asleep its just that my mind has drifted.