Repeat Problems Plaguing My LD's...

As of late I have become amazingly lax with my LD’s since I have been unable to control them yet after months of having them…often what happens now is a new thing; I have a lucidity flash, I am unable to stabilize the dream, everything loses its detail, and I either go back to the dream itself or have an FA.

Sometimes I’ll just have a lucid moment but it will be incomplete, and I will go straight back to the dream without question. These are VERY irritating.

All of my LD’s have been very short and VERY out-of-control…they are definitely a far cry from reality. I have only once had “total control” and that was very brief. Worst of all is the fact that my lucid dreams are lacking vividity; it kind of feels like I’m “swimming in air” and very non-vivid.

It could be that I simply don’t remember to do stabilizing things because my LD’s happen at random, so usually my mind is not focused on spinning/looking at environment/saying “increase lucidity”/etc.

I’m pretty frustrated…PLEASE offer me some help, dream gurus!

I think that your problem is that you don’t set your intent very well. I make a habit of saying to myself repetadly before I go to bed that I want to look at my hands in an ld. It also helps to visualize this and write down what you want to do before your next ld.

Yeah, mbb809 is right.
I’ve been real busy lately so I haven’t been practicing and the length and quality of my LDs goes down, but not frequency really.

I find it’s helpful to make my reality checks have something to do with stabilizing. I focus on how I’m walking or look at my hands.

Experiment and practice. Keep the faith.

It seems like you are on the right track. It isnt unussuall to wake up or have an FA immediatly after noticing you are lucid. It just seems to be an early hurdle in lucid dreaming that is sometimes experianced dreamers. I personally had this happen to me many times.

If you are acctually going into FA’s. Make some waking up actions new dream signs. Like, WAKING UP. I was having your problem. Every time I noticed I was dreaming. I would get about 2-10 seconds of lucidity then detail started fading. I began waking up. The thing was that after waking up and going to the fridge thinking to myself damn. I was almost lucid. Half way down the hall I knoticed I was dreaming again. Wow that was weird I thought as began to loose the deatail of my dream and my lucidity faded. Well? I woke up in bed again :smile: !!! Was I really awake? Well I didnt ask myself that time, but after that night I made sure that When I woke up from then on I would do a RC. Like it isnt enough that I have to do recall upon waking. Now I have to make sure that Im realy awake :smile: .

Well…trust me…its worth it. Making waking up a dream sign acttually made me do a RC after false awakening from a so called “lucidity flash” like you are having. Which induced my first lucid dream. It lasted like 5 minutes to my perception. and from that day on I have had many more.

Since then I still have had some very very short lucid dreams. Some where detail fades to black, I wake up, or I false awake. I have since stoped RC’s when waking up cause I have many LD’s. So I do miss FA’s as DS’s now.

I think that a “lucidity flash” as you said, is a step forward for sure. You will pass this stage in no time, but for now I would try to make FA’s a DS, that is if you think you are having enough FA’s.

I would suggest rubbing your hands together in a lucid dream. It works really well for me.
:yinyang:
Try it like a meditation and see how vivid and long you can get your lucid dream to be.