Damn Third Person!!

Almost every dream I have is in a 3rd person view, so when I see strange and peculiar things in a dream, it feels like Im just seeing it on TV, and I think nothing of it. Does anyone know how I can train myself to get out of 3rd person and into 1st person view?

maybe you should try to use this as a way to become lucid…Ive had dreams I see myself in the 3rd person, acouple of times during a lucid dream i was able to do it myself…

Dreaming in third person is not something to try to avoid.
It might actaully be even more helpful for you to pick out dream signs this way.
If it was me I would start concentrating on picking out dream signs from your “dream tv” :shy:

This is Soo0 weird ! I was thinking of making a topic about the exact same thing !! I have the exact same problem !! Whenever i dream…its in 3rd person point of view. I’m sure i’m dreaming…but i see someone that looks like me doing all of the actions 4 me…its weird and annoying. The only control i have in my dreams is to control the actions of my ‘other self’ and to change the scenery(sometimes). Anyways…i will be checking this topic once in a while to see what ppl say about this.
c ya ^_~

My best advice would be to do everything you can to become lucid. This change of perspective may give your dreaming mind the impetus it needs to make the jump to a first person narrative in your NDs. The induction methods themselves may help since they will undoubtebly hone and broaden your dreaming abilities. If you are able to use your condition as a way to become lucid as Unforgiven killer suggests, please post because it would be a fine example of lemons to lemonade. Good luck!

My best advice would be to do everything you can to become lucid. This change of perspective may give your dreaming mind the impetus it needs to make the jump to a first person narrative in your NDs. The induction methods themselves may help since they will undoubtebly hone and broaden your dreaming abilities. If you are able to use your condition as a way to become lucid as Unforgiven killer suggests, please post because it would be a fine example of lemons to lemonade. Good luck!

Great, a double post.

thanks for the imput everyone, I will see what I can do :content: