Dream Surfing

I would like to know how common it is to experience multiple simultaneous dreams.

This has happened to me a few times lately, kind of like channel surfing with the TV remote. I’ll experience a dream for a while, then switch in the middle to another dream, then another, and so on till I end up back in the first dream and the cycle repeats.

It may have something to do with the fact that when I watch TV by myself, I’m constanly changing channels.

I’ve never experienced that, but yeah, it sounds like your TV habits are influencing your dreams. Just like how people would report dreaming in black and white back when black and white TVs were in use.

Yep this happens to me 2 sometimes;Its kind of frustrating 4 me actually :neutral: Some times im in 1 scene of a dream and im enjoying it, and all of a sudden it changes…This doesnt happen too often but when it does its anoying. I think your channel switcghing irl is influencing your dreams as sage said :smile:

Hmm. I’ll have to add that to the daysong’s-list-of-reasons-not-to-watch-television.

/ds

Yup, I get that occasionally.

It’s weird because usually it’s like I am dreaming of dreaming and remember snippets of dreams from earlier, not like watching tv though, more like time travel between dreams past and present, if that makes sense.

…and yes, tv is evil.

I also swap the channels lioke mad sometimes but it never turned out for me this way.
But i remember the book “The shadow and the sun” by Kenneth Kelzer and there was something similar mentioned.I dont know if it helps any though as it was about lds not regular lds.
Anyways,this guy in his lds was able to reach the level of being able to switch between different lucid dreams and also being aware of his real life situation(aware that hes sleeping in his bed).Then he assumed theres unlimited amount of lds levels and unlimited amount of “subcounciousnesses” which allow us to be aware of as many levels of it as we want
good luck:)

Dream surfing or as I call it dream jumping is a controllable skill and precursor to simultaneously dreaming multiple dreams at the same time.

Simultaneous dreaming is very possible and enables so much more, I will explain how I learned to do it. It does require a lot of control and recall. It took me a week of LD to develop this method.

I would be faced with a decision that would have two very different effects on the dream. I got annoyed I had to choose one and miss out on the other unique storyline. I wanted them both.

One time I changed my mind and tried to backtrack the dream, but that made the dream too unstable and I woke. The next time I decided to ‘jump’ back to the decision moment and advance forward with the other option. Dream A quickly was quickly being forgotten but I still wanted to explore its story, so I jumped back.

I go better and better at jumping back and forth between two similar dreams with different stories. Soon I could jump between more than two dreams with very different plots. However they would still only occur one at a time, the others still in limbo.

This wasn’t good enough for me, I got impatient and began jumping rapidly back and forth between two dreams. I can best describe the effect like the two dreams were on opposite sides of my mind, and they began to physically draw closer together towards the center of my head. The time between jumps became faster and faster with less time occurring in each dream. As the dreams converged at the center I realized I was no longer jumping between them but rather experiencing them both at once.

I kept working at this and can now dream 3 dreams at once and hold 7 more in limbo to swap in for active dreaming, however there is a trade off as more simultaneous dreams and dreams in limbo the less quality could be maintained and less stability. Ending one of the dreams is as simple as relaxing it into limbo and allowing your mind to forget it.

I use this skill to experience a multiverse of a single dream. Or in one dream I study or develop dream skills while in the other I have fun.

Being able to think about and control multiple dreams makes visiting past dreams really easy, allowing dream worlds, if you haven’t figured out a method for that yet.

When having two dreams something disrupting in dream A that would normally cause you to wake now only suddenly ends dream A leaving you in the unaffected dream B. Dream A can easily and quickly be recalled a few moments before the disruption for an alternative choice or repeat of the disruption if your learning better control. Overall simultaneous dreaming creates a very stable dream environment

dream time is limited, simultaneous dreaming is very efficient with that time.