Really Lucid?

I was dreaming, and something odd happened in it, and I thought to myself, “hey, this must be a dream.” I got excited, details in the dream were becoming vague, but I remembered I read somewhere the dream scene tends to fade if you get excited when you become lucid - but I remember thinking it wasn’t really fading, it was just becoming more vague and harder to determine details. I also remember thinking it’ll be cool to tell my friends about this experience. I spun around, but it didn’t seem to be quite working, so I spun around impossibly fast, so everything was a blur… that worked. I don’t remember a lot of the dream, but I remember consciously changing some subtle things in it… but that’s the problem. I woke up (for real) before the dream was over (it was around the time I would normally wake up, so I don’t attribute it to the dream). The dream is very hazy, and I remember it, well, like a dream. Everything in my memory seems very vague and dreamlike and passive, like I just was dreaming that I was aware in the dream, dreaming that I was commanding my dream. Except… the moment I became lucid, I remember vividly feeling objects bumping against my hips and side as I walked through a narrow hall, and thinking how vivid it was, immediately after I became lucid. That is the only thing that seemed exceptionally un-dream-like. I haven’t really begun a lucid dreaming practice, though I am looking into it and had been reading about it for over an hour before I went to bed, so I haven’t practiced my dream recall and my dream recall is usually fairly bad. I was unlucid for maybe a 20-minute period, before I gained lucidity again. (The whole dream lasted about an hour). The rest of the dream, I was aware I was dreaming, but I mostly didn’t desire to control my dream, so it seemed irrelevent that I knew I was dreaming. That’s dream logic for you, if I had been truly conscious I think I would have wanted to do really exciting things. Instead, I just corrected a few times when I seemed not to be able to do something I was intending to do (like I was trying to reach for something at one point, and I thought “well, if that’s my desire, I might as well make it so”). Has anyone had a similar experience? Can lucid dreaming be as vague and unrealistic in memory as normal dreaming? If so, does it happen often, or almost never, in your experience?

Thanks in advance for your input…

This has happened to me a few times recently. I am pretty sure that essentially all dreams are the same state of mind, and the only reason that we remember some better than others is because we remind ourselves during the dream to remember it, or right when we wake up. I have had non-lucid dreams that have been as vivid as my most vivid lucid dreams, which only goes to support this opinion.