experience of becoming lucid in a dream of a dream

:eh: This happened to me this morning…really weird, I don’t understand. I was dreaming in a dream. and in that dream I became lucid.I have been wanting to experience being lucid again in dreams, but with more control (I’ve been lucid twice already and both of them were less than 2 mins.!) and lucky for me that it just happened.
But, I don’t understand why I dreamt in a dream…and I remember saying, wait, this is just a dream! and I had a view of myself was as if I was an angel over myself. I even looked at my own hands. And I remember 2 pug dogs chasing me which I think triggered my LD. They looked so real but somehow I just felt it was just a dream, and even if they were really going to bite me and I felt really scared, I faced them and stopped running, suprisingly they did not bite me. I also remember fighting with my parents because they taught i was crazy when i told them I’m trying to fly. I kept on jumping and no technique really worked. Next time I will try superman style :content:
Anyway, I really want to improve my skills on ld. I’ve been writing down some of my dreams in a journal. I was hoping to get myself a book on lucid dreaming (detailed step by step to success) but then here in the philippines, there are no books about it…I’ve searched in national, powerbooks, pageone…does anyone here know where I could get a book?

My advice to yuo would be to get Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming at Amazon.com. This is a very informing book.
My second piece of advice would be to try to increase the amount of lucid dreams you have over the control of them. The more lucid dreams you have the more familiar with them you are.

-What does it mean to have a dream within a dream?
Having a dream within a dream may be safer and more acceptable way to express material from your unconscious. The dream within a dream protects you, the dreamer from waking up. Such dreams often reflect a hidden but crucial issue which you need to acknowledge and confront.

i think the fact that you can have a dream within a dream means that you have a really creative mind. it sounds like you are. it’s never happened to me.

anyway, congratulations on your progress :smile: keep up the good work,
ian