question about RC's

I have a digital watch that I’ve set to chime every hour to remind me to perform a reality check. If I were to set the watch next to my bed tonight would I be able to hear the chime in a dream so that I could do an RC? I’ve read that a dream will often trick you by converting external stimulii such as the buzz of an alarm clock into something completely different such as the sound of a person screaming. Can anyone who has tried this method before succeeded?

I’ve never tried this before, but it definitely sounds like it could work. Give it a try and let us know how it turns out. Good luck! :wink:

I tested this extact experiment for a few weeks back in March, and wrote the results in my Journal on this site.

During those few weeks I had quite a number of LDs, and I think the hourly reality checks were largly to credit for this. Firstly because every hour my mind would go back to thinking about LDs, and secondly because I was ‘expecting’ to do one every time I thought it had been about an hour since the last. This meant that if I accidentally missed the chime due to some other distraction, I’d automatically realize this and make up for it when I next had a free moment. This routine quickly appeared in my dreams, and I enjoyed a healthy dose of lucidity almost every night in the first week.

I’m not sure if it was the large number of RCs I was performing each day, or the watch chime itself entering my dreams from beside my bed, but something there was working. The only reason I stopped is because I now wear a “real” watch (which I got for my 21st) and can no longer use that feature.

Please post your results, mbb809. I’d be interested in seeing if you’ll experience the same success.

I’m interested in your results. I do have digital watch, but I can’t hear… so I can’t really do this method (I’m totally deaf). Good luck with that! :grin:

we have a [rul=https://www.xs4all.nl/~pasquale/TTM/r1/index.html?https://www.slagt.net/ld4all/viewtopic.php?t=540]BIG topic on RC’s…[/url] Please check it out and post your questions/experiences about RC’s there. This topic will be locked now.