I always feel like I'm suffocating during WILD...

I’ll be into the vibrations and things for a while and then for some reason I always feel like I’m suffocating, lose my concentration, and either lose it all there or make myself stop so I wont suffocate. This happens every time (I’ve been trying it for almost a week now). Can someone help me?

Try laying on your side? Well, it can cause you not to be as successful in WILD since it’s a bit easier to WILD if you lay on your back. I find it hard to breathe when I lay on my back specially when I attempt to WILD so now I’m working to WILD on my side. I have succeeded few times so far without the feeling of suffocating. If you must lay on your back, then try ingore it… just breathe naturally, deeply, and slowly. It might be just that your mind is trying to wake you up because sometimes it feels that it’s not natural to fall asleep consciously.

Hope you find that helpful… if not, please ask again. By the way, take a look at the huge WILD discussion which can be found at the top of this forum section, “the Quest for Lucidity.”

Good luck!

thanks for the reply DM…

I’ll try the breathing slowly and more deeply, and if that doesn’t work I’ll start trying it on my side.

No problem, good luck! :smile: Keep in mind, “Practice makes perfect!”

Theres nothing bad abuot it, to my knowledge (and i may not be right) it is only sleep paralysis. You are actually still breathing perfectly but just cant feel it.

Please proceed to the BIG WILD topic for all your questions/comments etc about WILD. To keep things central this topic is locked now.