Lucid dream nausea

HI all! It’s been a while since I’ve posted in this section, but I need everyones help. It seems all of my recent LDs are spent nauseated.

Actually, it’s become a lucidity trigger. In my dreams, pre-lucid, I’m confused at why I’m nauseated and/or dizzy. I’ll then question my surroundings and become lucid. It’s sort of bitter-sweet.

The lucid dreams turn out to be very long, but I’m nausous the whole time. Last night for example, I had a very vivid and long lucid dream, but my nausea was too much so I woke myself up.

As soon as I’m awake I feel great.

Does anyone else have this problem? Any tips or suggestions?
What, if anything, could this mean? What could possibly cure it?

I’m desparate for advice. It’s become a problem and preventing some of the longest LDs I’ve ever had. :neutral:

Difficult one…
I´ll just go on writing down what I´d try out.

First, it could be a good to think about a cause.
Do you remember anything special before going to sleep when you have those dreams? (such as drinking alcohol, doing sport all day long)
But since you feel good when you wake up, that seems to be rather a psychological than a physical problem.
So, do you remember when it started.Something else changed in your life that time? New job, new house, problems with someone else or anything like this?
Or perhaps you just read a very disturbing book or anything, I don´t really knwo how something like this can be triggered.
Oh, do you leave your bed immediately when you wake up? If yes, then there could be something wrong with your blanket (allergetic?)

Then you should probably search for a solution in your dreams.Perhaps you can incubate a dream with the question why this happens/what you can do against it.
Or you use one of these lucid dreams to ask for help.You could also try if you can find any cure for it in a LD.
Perhaps some medicine, some special plant? If it really is psychological only that could help.
Also, perhaps you can find a way to stay in a dream without the feeling?
Try something like floating gently in the air/water, just lying down the ground.Or, if you are able to, shapeshifting.I never heared about a nauseas tree :wink:
Last thing I can think of right now is trying to FA.Since it get´s better when you wake up, perhaps it also gets better when you wake up in your dream.

good luck
Traumgänger

Perhaps it is your subconcious playing a trick upon you. Like dream characters insisting that a dream is not a dream. I think the subconcious considers dreams to be “its turf” so to speak and does not like the intrusion of our concious (lucidity). Perhaps this is just your subconcious attempting to make the whole lucid experience as negative as possible so that you will not engage it in. Just a possibility.

Another thought would be that perhaps you have TOO MUCH lucidity in your dreams and maybe this can be unhealthy depending upon the individual. Sleep is a restorative process- perhaps being a “dream addict” is not allowing you to get your proper rest and the “nausea” is your body/mind’s way of telling you to cut back some.

I was thinking that maybe you allready tried this, but I would go ahead and do what I would do in real life. Puke!! I all feel realy good after doing that. Keep it in your mind that what ever is making you sick. Is churning in your stomache, and after puking you will feel beter. Its worth a shot!!!

I know what your thinking. What if you puke in real life? hehe. Well I have noticed in my experinace that any type of in dream bodily fluid discharge transfers over about 1% of the time in real life. Yah, I had that dream. Where I was out in the desert, and went to piss behind a bush. Woke up in real life and was peeing the bed lol. Yah it happened twice hahah. I’m not sure if anyone has ever puked in a dream, and realy puked in RL cause of it though. I wonder if that is possiable. I am sure it is.

Its worth a try though :wink: GL

It’s happened to me too before, and I felt really exhausted and didn’t care that I was lucid. Maybe just taking a break from it, or trying to sleep longer, or maybe do some intense exercise so you get longer deeper sleep before you reach REM. You could try and ask DC or incubate “why am I tired in my dreams?” and see why you’re lacking energy.

good luck

It’s possible that you have an inner ear infection. A 3 day water fast (my cure-all) and/or a trip to the docter may be in order.

Thanks everybody! :smile: I love all of the suggestions and it will take me some time to try them all. I’ll be sure to keep everyone posted when I have another one of these LDs and what I tried to stop it. I’ll try them all!

I was actually worried that it may be my subconscious warning me of a brain tumor or somethin’. :dozing: or that I was going crazy :crazy:
I’m really happy that nobody suggested that! :happy: …yet.

traumgänger, I could answer no to everything in your 1st paragraph. I do however like everyone of your suggestions in the 2nd paragraph. Oddly, I try to ignore the nausea. I never thought to incorporate it into the dream and use my LD to rid of it.

Gary 32, I really am a DreamAddict. That’s why I choose the name. What you suggest is very possible, but it might be due to too much sleep. Recently I have not been working and my schedule allows me to sleep as I choose. Has the DreamAddict experienced the first OD in the lucid dream world, possible. :wink: Seriously, after a long 10hour sleep I sometimes wake up dizzy for just a few seconds. Perhaps this carries over in my dream way before I start to fell the effects IRL. I’ll pay attention to the duration of my sleep and the next episode of this “LD nausea.” Maybe I have slept too long. :shrug:

Jihad, how original… and how true! This is a great idea. I’ve also made myself puke IRL and felt better. This would be a great, AND FUN, tech. to try. Heck, even if I’m not nausous I think I’ll try it for fun. I don’t think I’ve ever puked in a dream. What an odd thing to add to my LD to-do list, but it’s there. :grin: … opps, I just remembered. I have puked in a dream. BUT, not in a LD so it’s still listed!

Pilot, In these particular LDs I don’t feel tired. I feel sick and dizzy. I’ve had LDs where I was tired, but this is different. I’ll ask a DC “Got anything for a headache?” :wink:

FireHorse, you’re the only one that suspected something physical. This was also my first suspicion. I really hope we’re wrong so I’ll put off going to the doctor, and I’ll try the other suggestions first. :mrgreen:

Thanks a ton everybody!

Let me try to clarify the direction I was going with this. I assumed you were getting plenty of sleep, as that is required to be addicted to dreaming. The problem might be with the TYPE of sleep you are getting. I heard of experiments where rats were allowed to get all the sleep they wanted, but as soon as they went into REM they were awakened and after a couple weeks of this they died. This was tried on humans to a limited degree and after a while they become short term psychotic. Now, I understand that you are getting plenty of REM too, as that is again almost required for dreams. But, REM in the “normal” sleeper is NON LUCID DREAMING. Perhaps, depriving yourself of an adequate amount of non lucid dreaming can be unhealthy just like not having REM at all. In non lucid dreaming, the “logical” part of the brain is resting which is why dreams can be so crazy and it is not noticed. If you are not giving this part of your brain its proper rest (it’s working all day AND all night if you’re lucid all the time) then that might be the problem.

Hopefully, I’m wrong with this thought as it would imply a limit on how much lucidity would be healthy. Perhaps you could try some meditation or something during the day to give your mind some extra rest- cutting back on LD would be my LAST resort. :smile:

Along these lines, I had a thought once about resting the logical mind for a couple of days- meditate the whole time while awake, try not to think about ANYTHING- and seeing if this under-use would cause the logic to then present itself into dreaming and thus help with acquiring lucidity.

Since you’re lucid, maybe you could command your body to feel great, ex. “body, when I count to 3 my stomach will feel better than it has in years” lol! I don’t know if this will work, but if you can fly, summon things, change things with your mind, maybe you can stop feeling sick. Just a suggestion :wink: